Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Advice on appartments with best location - Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Planning to go next year with the family at Easter (good intermediates, mid teen boys). Always DIY and drive. Find that cheaper than Sunweb....but then I do put lots of research in!

After some suggestions for best appartment blocks to stay in, in Val T. Not been for a very long time.

Fair to say ski in/out (early April). Think most are. But some look better than others....like sat literally on the piste/slopeside which seems to take my fancy. We don't do apres (well, we do our form which is drinks before going back then PJs and wine all night!) and tend to eat in. And I'd prefer a smaller appartment block than some of the mega ones I've seen. So probably not where the action is...and we'll take it that it'll be a bit of a wander to get there if we do fancy it!

Just wondered if anyone had knowledge/experience. Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kettonskimum, For the EoSB week, I found it a lot cheaper to book through individual letting agencies than through the central booking system.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@kettonskimum, Oxalys apartments that snowHeads use for the EoSB are ski-out and either Cairn bubble or ski back in. Nice comfortable apartments, a wander up to town if you want to and a nice log fire to light if you're planning to stay in with wine and PJs. Reasonable cooking facilities and decent sized fridges. A bar and restaurant in the residence if you want them.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@kettonskimum, the 2024 spring family bash has been confirmed by admin... 6th - 13th April. Could be just what you're looking for. Same hotel apartments as the eosb - Oxalys, apart from the good points that @Hells Bells, has mentioned, there's also a nice little pool and spa. It's all very sociable when you consider it's choc full of snowheads, some of whom will be other teens too snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Big fan of VT at Easter-have stayed there in SC apartments may times. Lots of the apartments have bunk beds in the second bedroom rather than twins so if yours have outgrown bunk beds, finding twins can be tricky (and they are more expensive).
Best residence we've been in by far is the Roc de Peclet (2)-boot room leads right out onto the piste and it is a quiet, small block at the bottom end of the village. We do the same-always enjoyed popping back over lunch for a proper chill before heading out in the afternoon. Found an apartment we liked and ended up staying there four years. You might also want to try the Olympic as well next door. L'Orciere, too is more central but again ski in/out and a small residence. Our daughters have refused bunks now (first world expectations) so are staying in the Chalets de Neige Plein Sud which are quite expensive but we're going in a cheap week and got a great deal compared to other weeks, and we're not paying for lessons any more so why not....?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We stayed in Les balcons this year for our first trip to VT. It is at the top of the resort and a two minute walk to the slopes to ski down to the main lift hub. We had small children with us so didnt ski in/out but there is a free shuttle that stops right outside every 15/20mins and it took 10 mins to get down to ski school. Everyone else in our group skid in and out each day. There is also a car park for the chalets and each apartment has its own boot room.

There are about 6 chalets and 2 or 3 apartments in each chalet. Also a pool/spa and a couple of restaurants, a few bars and a small supermarket within 1 minute. It only took 10 mins to walk down to the main centre for dinner one evening and about 15 mins back up the hill. And that was with a 5yr old, 7yr old and 10yr old in tow!

We booked through Get me to the Alps, which included everything apart from flights and it was great value. The Village Montanna apartments looked lovely and were right next to the pistes by the main lift hub - have our eye on that for next time, simply for the ease of getting to ski school for 9am. Would highly recommend Les Balcon though
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy