Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Aravis 2022 (La Clusaz, Le Grand Bornand etc)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied Clusaz recently? Just booked a long weekend there at the end of Feb.

Anyone know much about the off piste/touring possibilities, even better a recommended guide??

Cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@kitenski, haven’t been over to the Aravis this winter (yet), imagine they will have suffered with the rain on Thursday, so depends how much snow comes tomorrow (looks like a fair bit…).
I would suggest Andy Perkins or Jonny Baird - both IFMGA guides who get over that way quite a bit - will dig out the contacts shortly…

Some really good off piste around La Clusaz (its where I cut my teeth in the early 80s…) and it is a classic touring venue too - lots to do from Les Confins in the series of North facing bowls beyond the ski area…
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@offpisteskiing, cheers! contacts would be great, not sure we will match the day we went out with you, but fingers crossed for decent snow!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm in La Clusaz at the moment. Hoping the forecast for tomorrow is right! I tour a bit here. You can try Fabien on 0628943265. He took us a on great trip around Trou de La Mouche the other day. Failing that the bureau des guides in town is good or Evo 2.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@LC74!, cheers! How are the conditions?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Heading out to Le Grand Bornard for a mid-March long weekend, be interested to hear about snow conditions and particularly if the runs back to the village are open.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@numbfoot, pretty sure village runs are open now looking at the webcams and the lift/run status maps

https://en.laclusaz.com/live-opening-lifts.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow was great but last weeks rain didn't help. It's not problem skiing to the village. Has snowed all day today and forecast to all night so only worry for tomorrow is too much snow and avalanche risk! Kitenski touring conditions for this weekend look fantastic with fresh snow, sunshine and not to warm plus Avi risk should have dropped by then. If you want any more help on where to go let me know.....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@LC74!, cheers, I've never been to La Clusaz, so anything you could share would be fantastic! We are staying near the Fernuy bubble.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
No problem. If you send me your mobile number I can give you a call.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi, any recommendations for ski hire in LGB? Centor at the Telecabines looks convenient?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
La Clusaz 20 March: very hard in the morning, and slushy in the evening. But coverage is still good, can ski back to the valley.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Mon 21-03-22 18:57; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi, yes, thanks, we were out there the previous weekend. Skied back down but honestly didn't enjoy the wading through porridge feeling. Really enjoyed Le Grand Bornard overall however, great resort, perfect for a weekend.

Wasn't always clear how they differentiate between Blue & Red - some of those blues were as much a challenge as the reds and as for the black runs . . . . . Well, lets just say not for me Smile
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
After your thoughts. Need to book for Feb half term 2023 (GCSE year, but we've mainly gone in Feb). Kids (early teens) learnt in Chinaillon and loved it. Thinking about La Clusaz (and a couple of days in Chinaillon).

Seen that Capfun have a site that's ski in/out (Fernuy?). Wondered if anyone has any opinions to offer? Thanks.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Our 1st Family ski trip was to La Clusaz after 'discovering' it during a Summer trip to Annecy.

Chosen because it was driveable and we could get sensibly priced s/c accommodation. Not sure that last part is true anymore.

It was very busy, very pricy, very popular with the French (& that's a recommendation not a criticism in my book).

We loved it. Has a good range of runs, might lack the top end black runs if that is your thing, but enough to keep us entertained for a week.

Small enough to feel like a village, big enough to have what you need. Popped back last month during a w/e to LGB got very nostalgic Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy