Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am I right in thinking there appears to be a British obsession with skiing in Morzine? Every other person I speak to seems to go there? Why is it so popular?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It’s a hour from Geneva.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheap flights, cheap transfer, true Alpine resort, perfect weekend ski trip location.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
And great skiing across the whole of the PdS.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Avoraiz (pretty snow sure) is also on its doorstep if the conditions aren’t great in Morzine.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Extremely easy to get to Morzine from the UK. Very difficult to reach the slopes once you get there.... Large groups of drunk men shouting, if that's your thing.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Never heard of it before looking up a place for three days near Geneva just before Christmas 2019. Seemed pleasant when I went, but mid-Dec it wasn’t fully coated with snow yet.
I avoid Apres and it wasn’t yet holiday season so perhaps I missed any boorishness.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Extremely easy to get to Morzine from the UK. Very difficult to reach the slopes once you get there.

Did you go during COVID when the lifts were closed ?
There's 5 gondolas out of Morzine and that seems to work for most people.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@WindOfChange, not to mention the extremely well organised (free) bus service connecting the lifts and other areas of the Avoriaz/Morzine area. Never seen groups of drunken men (or women) but then I've always avoided the more apres areas of Morzine as there is ample choice for either partying or quiet pleasant evenings out.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
WindOfChange wrote:
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Extremely easy to get to Morzine from the UK. Very difficult to reach the slopes once you get there.

Did you go during COVID when the lifts were closed ?
There's 5 gondolas out of Morzine and that seems to work for most people.

I did think this was a strange comment. The whole PDS area is serviced by plenty of lifts and free shuttle bus services.

Also most resorts have groups of drunk people (not just men!!), but can be easily avoided as they stick to their usual spots!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It is a bit strange, I suppose! I meant that is quite easy to get out towards Pleney, Les Gets and Nyon but going out on the Avoriaz/Super Morzine side is a pain. Ardent is the best place to start (IMO) and requires a car/bus. Similarly, Avoriaz. You could use the Super Morzine lifts but they take ages.....

Just agreeing with the OP that is popular with the Brits but not necessarily the best place for skiing. I find that quite a few places are like this but then there are quite a lot of other places where the reverse is true.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Klamm Franzer wrote:
It is a bit strange, I suppose! I meant that is quite easy to get out towards Pleney, Les Gets and Nyon but going out on the Avoriaz/Super Morzine side is a pain. Ardent is the best place to start (IMO) and requires a car/bus. Similarly, Avoriaz. You could use the Super Morzine lifts but they take ages.....

Bus to Prodains, lift up from there, right in the heart of the Avoriaz lift area.

Personally prefer the Super Morzine route, as you get a little bit of skiing between lifts.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
swskier wrote:

Personally prefer the Super Morzine route, as you get a little bit of skiing between lifts.

Same here, also no bus required.
The home run down to Zorre to SM is very gentle at the end of the day, vs Crot (Prodains) or Parchets (Ardent) which can be choppy ( hard on already tired legs ).
Although I do like the Happy Hours bar in Ardent when they have live music, but the bar with the glass balcony in Zorre has lovely views across the valley, but no live music.
Also if you are driving, you can get parked at the Ice rink and go via SM pretty much all day, whereas Ardent and Prodains car parks fill up quickly but are fine if you go early.
I guess it depends where your accommodation is as to which is more convenient, whether you mind taking the bus or whether you have a car but SM works well for me.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
WindOfChange wrote:

but the bar with the glass balcony in Zorre has lovely views across the valley, but no live music.

L'Passage? It was our favourite stop off on the way home each night when we were last there (Jan 2020) and I expect we'll be stopping off on Friday on our way back down to Morzine Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy