Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Go on Dave!

Poster: A snowHead
AllyK wrote:
eng_ch wrote:
AllyK wrote:
This is the best I can find at the moment https://www.tagesschau.de/sport/sportschau/sportschau-story-51349.html

What a terrible article - makes it sound like it was a complete fluke and surprise, when in fact he's been knocking on that door for a few years. And as if the only way he won was because better skiers DNFd. Think of the races in which Dave was on course for a really good finish (e.g. Levi leading after 1st run) but DNFd. Stop the presses: you have to finish the race to win it!

Oh really, that's not great! I had no idea what they were saying, it was the only video I could find that showed him actually finding out he'd won. Most of the others showed his run and then him on the podium.

No worries; I got the impression the writer was someone who doesn't follow the slalom?/ski? world cup circuit and therefore didn't know who Dave Ryding is. Maybe someone in Germany can correct me on that
(as I said, the Swiss have been following him for years)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Really cool how pleased Kristofferson was for Dave. Class.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@eng_ch, I don't really see that much negativity in that report. Just reporting the facts and that the Germans didn't do so well!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
JamesHJ wrote:
oldsnowy wrote:
Great news for DR, a real professional in his application and dedication to his sport.
Maybe he’s just coming into his prime Eh oh! Eh oh! ?

It does make you wonder. I've met loads of very talented racers in Europe who quit when they were <23-25 years old (often even younger). I also once spoke to a grizzled UK ski coach who said that Ryding was far from the most talented UK teenager of his generation.

Keep buggering on seems to work!

I always thought that male athletes were at their ‘prime’ around 25-30 years old so it seems strange to give it up before the age of 25.
In reality 35 years old is still a very young and capable age as has been proven by Mr Ryding!
I’m delighted for him.

I’m no athlete but I don’t think I started to feel different physically until I got to over 40.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@eng_ch, The ARD commentary and analysis wasn't negative, Felix went into a fair bit of detail on why Dave won and seemed really happy at the result.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
The dragon has been slayed and the good Knight of the realm emerges triumphant. Sir Dave Ryding is in the groove and unstoppable now. Congratulations England and Great Britain you’re Gold again, where you belong.

It’s exactly the same feeling from like when Sir Andy Murray won Wimbledon, in that the 7 year (or so!) itch has been located and well and truly scratched!

Back in the 80s as a child with only ski Sunday as a portal to the slopes and the Bell brothers charging it. I was always amazed no disrespect they didn’t finish higher up as my hopes and expectations warranted, even with those blasted time checks always thought with a epic lunging ending they would pull it off. But now ski Sunday will show a British Gold medal winner to a ecstatic few devotees because Dave Ryding has only gone and bloody done it.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Steilhang wrote:
@eng_ch, I don't really see that much negativity in that report. Just reporting the facts and that the Germans didn't do so well!

The video was fine; I just thought the intro to the written report was very poor and a completely different tone
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
oneglove, I'm sure Dave will be thrilled to hear you're rooting for him!
rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Are they even going to mention it on Ski Sunday?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@…where, Chemmy was at the finish line.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Swen wrote:
Did Eurosport UK really not have it live? I watched it on the app and Eurosport 2 Poland on satellite. App is a must for ski racing and can be had for £20 for year during the various promotions they have during the year

well to answer my own question, no the clowns at Eurosport 2 UK did not show the second run live, had a 4 hour crappy snooker tournament on, not even a big one, what a mess
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hells Bells, I was 10 minutes early and whacked on last weeks by mistake!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Swen, That is why I watched it on Das Erste.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
…where wrote:
@Hells Bells, I was 10 minutes early and whacked on last weeks by mistake!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy , not the best day for Dave in Wengen
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@…where, I've done that a few times Toofy Grin
snow report
Dave gets his name on a gondola! How cool is that. I'd have to wait for it to come round so I could ride it every time I went up.
snow conditions
@Csb123, go riding in Ryding
ski holidays
Just spotted this thanks to BBC's morning tv interview with Dave. Thrilled for him.
snow report
There was a Radio 2 interview with Dave this morning just after 7:45am. I guess you can rewind on the BBC Sounds app if you want to listen to it.
latest report
jd_evans wrote:
There was a Radio 2 interview with Dave this morning just after 7:45am. I guess you can rewind on the BBC Sounds app if you want to listen to it.

You can, if you go to 1.11.50 on the recording of the Zoe Ball Breakfast show.
snow report
A great Silver for Dave at Garmisch Partenkirchen Very Happy
ski holidays
@twoodwar, it was an excellent result considering he was 19th after the 1st run.
latest report
Was it live on Eurosport? I could only find the highlights which was a total cut up mess.

One moment Dave was first with loads of people left to run, next he was on the podium.
ski holidays
Watched the 2nd run on uTube but covered by Eurosport, well done Dave....
snow conditions
russ_e wrote:
Was it live on Eurosport? I could only find the highlights which was a total cut up mess.

One moment Dave was first with loads of people left to run, next he was on the podium.

Yep 'twas live on Eurosport 1 (I only caught the 2nd run, when there was still 15 runners to follow him - Nail biting at the end..!)
ski holidays
Dave is 5th after the 1st run in Flachau. 2nd run is currently on Eurosport.
ski holidays
DNF Sad
snow report
jd_evans wrote:
DNF Sad

Joint 4th then :d
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I was there. Schoolboy error, no one else had a problem there. He was deeply unhappy when he got down and made an early exit.

Great race though
ski holidays
Csb123 wrote:
Dave gets his name on a gondola! How cool is that. I'd have to wait for it to come round so I could ride it every time I went up.

Yep, here's the gondola (and Konrad Bartelski by the side of Dave). Smile

snow report
One of the coolest things in sport, right there.
ski holidays
And one year later - Silver!
ski holidays
Spoiler alert! Anyone going to Schladming on Tuesday?
ski holidays
@skitrack, Thanks for that...was going to watch later rolling eyes
snow report
Markymark29 wrote:
@skitrack, Thanks for that...was going to watch later rolling eyes
me too - spoiled both on fb and here. Sad
snow conditions
@Klamm Franzer, yes, but in the square. too late to buy tickets. Going to the GS on Wednesday though

Got to be said...again...if you don't want spoilers don't open obvious threads
snow conditions
There are Yellow area tickets for sale still. See they with it? Don't want to go shoulder-to-shoulder in the red bit!
latest report
@Klamm Franzer, my days of standing on the side of the piste freezing my ass off are past - grandstand for me now
latest report
@Markymark29& @Hurtle Sorry it wasn't meant to be a spoiler as the event had completed on Eurosport quite a bit earlier
latest report
@skitrack, no worries. As holidayloverxx has pointed out, the fault was mine. (I couldn't avoid the Facebook reveal.)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy