Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Danish skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Are there any Danish skiers out there? I’m quite curious a few thing (life might take us North).

Are there any clubs in the capital region which organise trips or do dry ski slope racing?

Is the new power station place any good in CPH?

How does ski instruction work? I guess if you qualify as a danish instructor you can work across the EU?

Any other snowheads lurking about CPH or elsewhere?

Cheers!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It appears that there are loads of clubs, including this one in CPH:

https://ks-ski.dk/default.aspx
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JamesHJ wrote:

How does ski instruction work? I guess if you qualify as a danish instructor you can work across the EU?

The qualification I am pretty sure yes, but you will still need the right to work in whichever country which is separate.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JamesHJ, Do you have any instructor quals now from any associations? Only ask as if you do you may be able to transfer. A buddy of mine is Danish and teaches, could ask
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skimottaret wrote:
@JamesHJ, Do you have any instructor quals now from any associations? Only ask as if you do you may be able to transfer. A buddy of mine is Danish and teaches, could ask

Nope- am only vaguely curious about quals, and would probably only start something for personal performance reasons. Since I live in France, I decided years ago that there was no point unless the Test Technique was a realistic proposition. Hint: it's not snowHead Very Happy snowHead

Thanks anyway though Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I have Danish friends through Masters racing, haven't seen them for a while for obvious reasons.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@JamesHJ, whenever I've been to Isaberg (quite close to me here in Gothenburg) it has felt like there are more Danes than Swedes. Given its a 3.5 hour drive from Copenhagen, and has a max vertical of 150m, that tells you something about skiing in Denmark! I don't know about dry slopes, apart from the fact that my colleagues here (including a couple of Danes) didn't believe that another colleague (a brit) had skiied, but never on snow.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@JamesHJ, https://riders.dk/category/ski-snowboard/

I am sure you can make a google translate.

or search "Alexander Vissing video" or
Die geilen Schifahrer aus Dänemark from Alexander Vissing
https://vimeo.com/18090478
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mgrolf wrote:
@JamesHJ, whenever I've been to Isaberg (quite close to me here in Gothenburg) it has felt like there are more Danes than Swedes. Given its a 3.5 hour drive from Copenhagen, and has a max vertical of 150m, that tells you something about skiing in Denmark! I don't know about dry slopes, apart from the fact that my colleagues here (including a couple of Danes) didn't believe that another colleague (a brit) had skiied, but never on snow.

Rich friends to own a car in Copenhagen Very Happy

Actually, I have a friend with a ski place near Bergen. It is an ~1 hr direct flight, so there are plenty of opportunities near by Very Happy

Interesting that you mention dry slopes. I've met quite a few semi-pro Brit skiers through attending various courses. By far the best are those who started life in dry slope race clubs. That is very much what interests me about CopenHill. See also e.g. Dave Ryding etc.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hyst wrote:
@JamesHJ, https://riders.dk/category/ski-snowboard/

I am sure you can make a google translate.

or search "Alexander Vissing video" or
Die geilen Schifahrer aus Dänemark from Alexander Vissing
https://vimeo.com/18090478

That's awesome. I am reminded of my first ever skiing, which was down a snow-covered street in Scotland on borrowed kit!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
So… this is happening! Currently in the process of kicking over the fire, folding the tents, collecting the chattels etc.

Denmark here we come! Anymore thoughts on ski clubs etc in the capital region? Is there any autumn skiing practical in Scandinavia ?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JamesHJ wrote:
Hi All,

Are there any Danish skiers out there? I’m quite curious a few thing (life might take us North).

Are there any clubs in the capital region which organise trips or do dry ski slope racing?

Is the new power station place any good in CPH?

Any other snowheads lurking about CPH or elsewhere?

Cheers!

Danish skier here, let me try to answer:-)

There are tons of clubs, and if remember correctly, one is actually based at “Copenhill”. Clubs usually have different themes, so what is you interests in skiing? Some of them offers trips together, and that is a great way to meet other skiers.

Copenhill is better than no hill, and I usually go there for the experience, and that is what it is.. an experience:-)

I know that “Den Danske Skiskole”, aligns with the international ski education, and most people coming out from it, go to Austria or Canada to teach. I am not sure how it works I’m France, since there have been a few “cases” from down there, and I rarely see a danish instructor in France.

Do not hesitate to reach out, if you need any intel or information Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
JamesHJ wrote:
So… this is happening! Currently in the process of kicking over the fire, folding the tents, collecting the chattels etc.

Denmark here we come! Anymore thoughts on ski clubs etc in the capital region? Is there any autumn skiing practical in Scandinavia ?

You can ski right now at “Riksgränsen” in Sweden Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@DanishRider, thanks for the great info! I’m basically looking for a club where I can try to get into ski racing. Do you know if clubs ever do training at Copenhill?

I am also pretty keen to do some weekend trips etc this winter. It seems likely that the family won’t follow immediately, so I’ll have a little time to spare Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Brilliant idea:-)

Snowminds do some stuff on Copenhill, and there is also a “race course” there. I am 100% sure, that you can contact them, and they can point you to the right club (I live in another part of DK).

For autumn skiing, I highly recommend Kitzsteinhorn/Sölden/Hintertux, which is easy accessible with cheap flights from CPH airport (Ryan air, Norwegian, easy jet etc). I usually do 2-3 long weekends from late October to December, before I switch to full weeks from January.

Ryanair have direct flights to Bergamo, and last year I did two trip to Italy in December, and return tickets were 100 euros. Usually hotels and transfers are cheap at that time, but for the Dolomites, November might be a bit early.

Where are you relocating from?
ski holidays
Going from France to Denmark and expecting to do more ski racing seems strange to me.
latest report
Very Happy I would argue it is usually the other way around - I did some race training in France many moons ago Happy
snow report
Austria would definitely be a different experience for you then !
snow report
rjs wrote:
Going from France to Denmark and expecting to do more ski racing seems strange to me.

Is it better to be in the mountains with no money, or to be next to an international airport with a decent salary? Cool
snow report
We simply couldn’t square the circle in France, in terms of damage to careers, lost income, opportunity cost etc.

Time for a fresh start. Actually, I reckon I’ll get a lot better with one session a week on a dry slope, as compared to two weeks a year at L2A.
snow conditions
Welcome to Denmark - I am sure Copenhagen will be a great experience Happy
latest report
Thanks! Not moving till after the summer, but starting to enjoy the planning Very Happy

We are very excited, Denmark is a beautiful country with a lot of fun stuff to do Very Happy
snow report
Excellent news, I'm sure it will be a pleasant change.

The skiing is organized around a federation and a professional association, Danish Association of Professional Ski Instructors, which is affiliated to ISIA. They seem to do most of the training and exams in either Austria or France. Here is some information

https://dendanskeskiskole.dk/english

They are aligned with the Eurotest though.

It seems like a mashup of Snowsports England and BASI with the lower exams being non-professional.
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
Excellent news, I'm sure it will be a pleasant change.

The skiing is organized around a federation and a professional association, Danish Association of Professional Ski Instructors, which is affiliated to ISIA. They seem to do most of the training and exams in either Austria or France. Here is some information

https://dendanskeskiskole.dk/english

They are aligned with the Eurotest though.

It seems like a mashup of Snowsports England and BASI with the lower exams being non-professional.

As far as I know (old information), they align to the Austrian ski-education, but my info is old, so might be wrong Happy
ski holidays
@JamesHJ, looks like your curse has hit Copenhagen
ski holidays
davidof wrote:
@JamesHJ, looks like your curse has hit Copenhagen

Crikey, I stayed next to that mall last time Inwas there.

One reason we were happy to go to Denmark was the lower risk of such events.
snow conditions
This was unfortunately a disturbed young man, that was already in treatment for problems with his mental health - Tragic loss of life.
ski holidays
Quote:

An interesting calculation.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AL9000 wrote:
Quote:

An interesting calculation.

Not really if you live in major urban areas of France. Not to mention problems of delinquency, degradation of city centres etc.
ski holidays
DanishRider wrote:

As far as I know (old information), they align to the Austrian ski-education, but my info is old, so might be wrong Happy

they seem to use Austrian trainers, in Austria and French trainers for the Euro Security but they are also in ISIA
snow report
Just watched The Hunt on TV. It's put me right off Denmark.
latest report
davidof wrote:

Really? That was quick.
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
DanishRider wrote:

they seem to use Austrian trainers, in Austria and French trainers for the Euro Security but they are also in ISIA

Good info - Thank you Happy
ski holidays
JamesHJ wrote:
@DanishRider, thanks for the great info! I’m basically looking for a club where I can try to get into ski racing. Do you know if clubs ever do training at Copenhill?

I am also pretty keen to do some weekend trips etc this winter. It seems likely that the family won’t follow immediately, so I’ll have a little time to spare Happy

This club has a racing team: https://www.hareski.dk/skiteam/
Nicolai Ø. Madsen Cheftræner. Mobil: +45 22 88 10 46
https://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolai-%C3%B8sterbye-madsen-133b80104/?originalSubdomain=dk

Or contact them:

http://www.skiforbund.dk/

But we are a flat country Toofy Grin

snowHead
snow report
DanishRider wrote:
davidof wrote:

Really? That was quick.

it is like the Orkneys

http://youtube.com/v/yEu8PBJTe5I
snow report
Crikey, forget the skiing, i'm more worried about the tax system now! Probably can't afford to bring the family until (!) my partner gets a job, and in addition, the Danish tax you on the value of property held abroad. That'll cost me a months salary for nothing...

Can't afford to import the car either. Actually, I can't even afford one of those cargo bikes to push the kids around in Very Happy
snow report
davidof wrote:
DanishRider wrote:
davidof wrote:

Really? That was quick.

it is like the Orkneys

http://youtube.com/v/yEu8PBJTe5I

What do you know of DK and it's people - not much it sounds like? Puzzled

Some info just for you Laughing
https://denmark.dk/

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 5-07-22 13:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
JamesHJ wrote:
Crikey, forget the skiing, i'm more worried about the tax system now! Probably can't afford to bring the family until (!) my partner gets a job, and in addition, the Danish tax you on the value of property held abroad. That'll cost me a months salary for nothing...

Can't afford to import the car either. Actually, I can't even afford one of those cargo bikes to push the kids around in Very Happy

Staying in DK without a income?

Do you own something like Windsor Castle? Shocked

Coming here sailing is a better option. Laughing
ski holidays
Hyst wrote:

What do you know of DK and it's people - not much it sounds like? Puzzled

Not a lot, it is a far country about which we know very little but to summarize

I know they are prone to bouts of folly, such as attacking much larger and more powerful neighbours (and by extension, their TV company is prone to the folly of blowing its budget on big mega productions)

http://youtube.com/v/kg-Gbde6bQ8

They keep finding bodies on the bridge that links the country with Sweden which creates all kinds of diplomatic problems with their Swedish neighbours

http://youtube.com/v/_qGK1ETb-38

They have dodgy European coalition politics and smoke a lot

http://youtube.com/v/pmRJiZ4mFQU

It costs a lot to live in Copenhagen, the women are blonde and don't mind a bit of sapphic love

http://youtube.com/v/oQL2MZ2mcj0

and from The Hunt (above) they like homoerotic actives such as winter naked swimming in brackish water, deer hunting and witch hunts

erm, that's about it.
snow conditions
Have to agree with you - you really do not know a lot. Shocked

We should have stayed over there to give you some culture. Toofy Grin Not only leave names behind.

However my genes will live on over there - might help. Madeye-Smiley

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 5-07-22 14:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy