Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Charlotte Banks - a serious chance of Gold

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For us in Serre Che she's a local girl, and her Dad is known to us, hence following her career with more interest than usual.

And things are progressing well, and with her now a member of Team GB there's a very real chance of a medal and hopefully Gold.

I came across this in today's Le Dauphine

https://c.ledauphine.com/sport/2021/12/26/charlotte-bankes-aborder-ces-jo-dans-la-continuite

And Google translation below.

Charlotte Bankes, this high-alpine nugget aiming for gold ... with Great Britain
At the head of the World Cup, the Haut-Alpine Charlotte Bankes says she is having her best start to the season. Bodes well for the Olympic Winter Games February 4-20 in Beijing, where she will represent Great Britain.
After your world title last winter, how do you see your performance at the start of the season?
“I have never had a better start to the season. We attacked early, at the end of November in China. I couldn't wait to see where I was. It was good to go and see there and get your bearings. It was a demanding trip but it will be beneficial for the future. We quickly followed up with Montafon in Austria (December 9-11, editor's note). It turned out really well despite the difficult conditions. Already having a World Cup victory in the second race, I was really satisfied. Then Cervinia in Italy (December 17-18, editor's note) where I had a complicated day of training. Unfortunately, from my quarter-final I missed my start and there was no room to come back. It doesn't end in the best possible way. But I know my snowboard is in place. "

Which earns you a first place in the World Cup standings. Does it matter or not?
“It's anecdotal after three races. There are still more coming. The overall standings don't count now. "

"The best preparation is competition"
What are your areas of work?
"We have to stay in the continuity of what we have been doing from the start. It’s really about setting up snowboarding for a race. I had a great fall in training. Now it's time to work out the final details. "

How are you going to approach the next Winter Games in China?
“The best preparation is competition. Especially in boardercross where you need a lot of concentration. It is only in the race that you can gauge your level. The Games will be a continuation of the World Cup season. We attack with Russia at the beginning of January, then we will be in Italy for two weeks. In the end, we finish the World Cup and go straight to China. "

"Yes, for sure, we are thinking of the medal"
What is the goal ?
“The goal is to perform well. I want to produce my best snowboard and be part of the battle on every run. With girls, that's the goal. We will do the accounts at the end. You don't have to think about the result, you really have to think about the way. This is how I'm going to approach it. "

The medal, do we think about it anyway?
" Yes it's sure. It will be the reward. You have to think about the path first. This will be my third Games. It will be different this time because I was the first (17th in 2014 and 7th 2018, editor's note) representing France. There it will be Great Britain. It will be something different. I want to approach these Games in continuity, enjoying the event. "

HER AWARDS

Eh oh! 2014: 17th at the Olympic Games in Sochi (Russia)

Eh oh! 2015: junior world champion in Kreischberg (Austria)

Eh oh! 2018: 7th at the Olympic Games in Pyeong Chang (South Korea)

Eh oh! 2021: World champion in Idre Fjall (Sweden)

Eh oh! Four world cup victories
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weathercam wrote:
For us in Serre Che she's a local girl,

Best not let Puy Saint Vincent hear you calling her a Serre Che girl, as they support her Laughing Laughing Laughing

She is have a great start to the season, fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
British when she wins, french when she loses Razz
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy