Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, Oz, Vaujany, Auris & Villard Reculas 21/22

Poster: A snowHead
silentice wrote:
Quote:

Any tips...??

Never eat yellow snow

Very Happy Other than that one cheers!

Thinking more like the best pistes etc?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You will be spoilt for choice! My favourite run is Clocher de Macle - Lièvre Blanc - Boulevard de Marmottes - Olympique. Chamois is glorious. If you catch it right, the top of the Dome des Rousses - Bellevedere - Bartevelles - Les Chalets - La Fare can be glorious but the very bottom can also be a bit icy. And don’t feel compelled to ski Sarenne from Pic Blanc if the queue at the top of the DMC is too long, go from the top of Marmotte 3. It is easier but just as beautiful. Enjoy!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@ciderinsport, I'm out for the first time this Saturday. How is it? My research told me about the run from Dome that Petere mentioned. Although to get from Bartevelles you take Les Rousse to get to Les Chalets without needing a lift.
Another run was (from the top of Marmotte II 2800) Clocher de Macle - Lievre Blanc - Couloir - Les Jeux - (traverse around the back of the resort) - Village to Huez 1500.
I also understand you can do a big loop out from Bergers to Auris and all the way across to Vaujany via Villard, Oz and back using mostly Blues if that's more your thing.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Any update on current conditions in Alpe d'Heuz please?

Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hello!

Day 3 out here now.

The pistes are in tip top condition. It's been very cold overnight and sunny in the day.

Hardpack is the best way I would descibe it. Off piste is not being used at all. No real snow at all off the pistes below the town but village was excellent at lunchtime today.

I finished today down the red under Signal. It was so good I went back up for a second run.

Forecast is snow at the weekend. Next week should be great, glad I'm staying Very Happy

Oh, and covid... Was asked to scan the covid pass in one restaurant at Ronde Point, masks etc are not being enforced or worn at all!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@ciderinsport, Thanks for the update. Enjoy the rest of your trip...and hope your Dad enjoys it too wink
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Just a future lift upgrade update. The Sures chairlift in Auris will be changing to a telemixte for next winter and Bourg to Huez lift looking at 2024.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Alpinebear, interesting. I saw an (presumably old) article about a planned link to Deux Aples in 2022 but I'm assuming that isn't going ahead any time soon?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@silentice, yes seems to be down the priority list.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Some more news on the Bourg link.

ps is that snow on the horizon I see!?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just back from our second super family holiday staying in Vaujany, but first skiing whole ADH area. The new Clos Giraud is an excellent improvement to the Vaujany side, quick comfortable, no queues and what a view! Our kids love bombing down Les Chalets and now we can speed up it too.
Taking the first Vaujany-Alpette-Rousses lift to Belvedere in the morning sun was just glorious. Agreeing with @Petere, Clocher de Macle piste is great and a new favourite of ours. We had the best time skiing the whole area. Gutted to be back home.
DMC very slow, any plans to replace/improve?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Live snow report

10am Sunday, it's snowing!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
23.55 and its still snowing! This evening has been a reasonable dump.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, much better than forecast, a good 2+in on the cars overnight in resort so hopefully the wind hasn't knocked too much off the slopes. visibility was poor at times during the day yesterday but I didn't venture out higher than Signal or Dmc1 so can't comment on elsewhere.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
silentice wrote:
a good 2+in on the cars overnight

Please tell me you mean 2+ ft ? Toofy Grin ( Am back there in April so I can dream Laughing )
latest report
Strong wind from the south tomorrow unfortunately
latest report
Very spring like conditions today. Really needs some lower temperatures....
latest report
Hi I am considering booking for Alpe d'Heuz 3rd December 2022, assuming this is opening weekend. I can't seem to get any time that suits Jan-Mar and can't afford half term prices. I'm just wondering from anyone who has experience of start of season conditions if it would be worth it? Have snow conditions in early December been relatively good or is it too much of a gamble? Vaujany is our 'happy place' but thought we would move to higher to AdH. Thanks
latest report
Personally, and I appreciate my circumstances likely different to yours, I would not book much in advance for anywhere in early December. Have had epic conditions in ADH in early December but also been there when it has rained hard for days and what little snow there was has washed away. Guess that applies to pretty well anywhere. There should not be a shortage of last minute accommodation around that time.
snow conditions
One thing to consider is that for the opening week the whole resort is not open. For a example Oz/Vaujany only opens up the week afterwards.

I'm usually there the first week Oz opens (2nd week for ADH) and generally there is sufficient coverage on the pistes and the last few years have been quite good.
ski holidays
@skitow, @rzer, many thanks you have stopped me from panic buying! I will keep an eye on flights and maybe look at the middle of December instead. Cheap flights are no good if there is no snow! Do you think Easter is a better bet? We skied full days at the beginning of March this year but by end of March does the slush mean you call it quits at lunch time or stick to the higher pistes?
latest report
Kandahar1 wrote:
@skitow, @rzer, many thanks you have stopped me from panic buying! I will keep an eye on flights and maybe look at the middle of December instead. Cheap flights are no good if there is no snow! Do you think Easter is a better bet? We skied full days at the beginning of March this year but by end of March does the slush mean you call it quits at lunch time or stick to the higher pistes?

Yep , Easter is spring skiing with slushy conditions down low. But I think it's early next year so doable. Easter can be a great time for those with small kids or non skiers in the group as the weather is nice for hanging around. Also good for sitting out in the sun for beers and the days are longer. We had folks in our place right until 20 April this year and they seemed to have a great time and said they would return.

December definitely has a more wintry feel and in mid December the pistes are quite empty which is nice. So it's probably just a question of personal choice. Also some people are uber fussy about snow conditions (and nothing wrong with that) but for me I'm usually pretty happy to be back in the mountains whatever the conditions. Alpe dHuez goes to 3300 so there is always somewhere to ski unless high winds shut the place down altogether.

I usually go in both December and end of March and you won't hear too many complaints either way.
latest report
Came on to ask the same question about December, and see some helpful answers already.

So on the first week, what is usually open if the villages are closed? For example is it just the main Signal-Jeux-Marmottes bowl above DMC and Bergers? would Dome, Lac Blanc, Alpette, be open from ADH side, or just completely shut? What about on Villard Reculas and Auris? Do they tend to open it up as conditions allow during the week or not really?
snow report
From what I recall you mainly have the DMC and Marmottes lifts with all the pistes under those. You also have Signal and some of the pistes off that.

The Oz/Vaujany side opens on the 10th of December (it is not run by SATA) so Poutran, Alpette and Dome des Rousses will definitely be closed for the first week.

Happy to be corrected on this but I don't think the link across to Signal d'Homme and Auris opens for the first week either.

Last time I was there for the first week it was windy with lots of snow and skiing was limited to the front side. You also have the energy cost issue this year.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy