Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Verbier 4 Vallées 21/22

 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Mollerski wrote:
@BobinCH, My daughter and her BF worked and lived at 'The Pub' Very Happy

Yeah I guess, but as an occasional week stay punter of more mature years, it doesn't nail it for me.

..and many of those 'skint freeriders' aren't as skint as they may wish to appear. My lad is hacking out with many of them regularly. wink


Fair enough. I have an apt in one of the old blocks so mainly local neighbours rather than Brit seasonaires. And I’ve met and skied with a lot of great people from all over the place!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mollerski wrote:
Verbier is a fine resort. The variety of terrain must be up there on a world level. For me, the town, the bars etc. and the general vibe about the place isn't what I look for in ski resort. If someone were to build a high end ski themed theme park in North London and staff it with Brit gap yar kids, it wouldn't be a million miles from being Verbier. Razz


there was something special about Verbier in the 70s and 80s vibe and people great days,
Skied Engelberg last season that had a special feeling about it,nothing compares yet for me as Verbier back in the day :
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about snow conditions and weather forecast?

Been trying to read some ECMWF and GFS graphs, in the end of month/early Feb they predict relevant snow.

Can someone confirm?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Airy views from the cross up at Mont Fort

http://youtube.com/v/ylnBRGJ-_48
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@BobinCH, Best view in the alps!.

Great to be back here again this week, it’s always worth selling an essential body part to come to Verbier.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We're staying in Nendaz at half term, first time in the 4 valleys. looks amazing and if the snow's OK think we'll try to get some of the itineries done.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Rich D wrote:
We're staying in Nendaz at half term, first time in the 4 valleys. looks amazing and if the snow's OK think we'll try to get some of the itineries done.


After navigating the rocky band at the top and traversing skiers right to avoid the bigger moguls, the Chassoure itinerary was cracking chalky snow on Sunday even after 2 weeks without any fresh!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Calling Monsieur @LaForet!!!

Friends asking about restaurant recommendations in La Tzoumaz. Would you be so kind as to share the insider view?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BobinCH, le Blanc opposite gondola well recommended. "Posh" menu upstairs, "homely" menu downstairs, also nice apres vibe with heated outdoor seating & sometimes live music.
la Poste under new ownership, smaller menu than previously but better quality & improved decor.
Auberge/La Tzoumaz (entrance to village) - quality chef & menu now, nice atmosphere, prices on high side
Chez Simon (on the mountain, just by 6 man chair) great for a fondue, will do (by arrangement) @ 16/17:00 then a headtorch ski run home!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gra wrote:
@BobinCH, le Blanc opposite gondola well recommended. "Posh" menu upstairs, "homely" menu downstairs, also nice apres vibe with heated outdoor seating & sometimes live music.
la Poste under new ownership, smaller menu than previously but better quality & improved decor.
Auberge/La Tzoumaz (entrance to village) - quality chef & menu now, nice atmosphere, prices on high side
Chez Simon (on the mountain, just by 6 man chair) great for a fondue, will do (by arrangement) @ 16/17:00 then a headtorch ski run home!


Is Chez Simon doable for someone staying in Verbier? The headtorch ski run return, specifically.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BobinCH Hi there. OK, so obviously Chez Simon if you can make it has great character and you're drinking the owner's wines as well. You could actually stay overnight in their accomodation (dormitory or shared rooms) for CHF 50 / person with breakfast (see 'nos chambres' on the website link above).

In the village, near to the télécabine

Auberge La Tzoumaz (200m on the road down the mountain)- Nice restaurant with range of Valais dishes. Wines from Provins Valais. A bit quieter ambience than, say, the Hotel La Poste.

Le Blanc (right opposite the télécabine) - Modern vibe and reasonable fare. More a snack-with drinks place in the bar but they've opened a more formal restaurant this year which I haven't visited as yet. Here's the Menu Le Blanc.

Hotel La Poste (get lift opp télécabine to ground floor and out through car park, turn right, 50m past the supermarket) - Wide range of meals including Italian. Good for a family or mates group out for the evening meal. Casual and lively.

Les Trappeurs (200m the opposite way through the village centre) - A real meat-eaters den: they do a veggie option but it's hard-core carnivore stuff, BUT says it's 'temporarily closed' currently, so check.

There are downloadable maps of the village with the restaurants on it on our website.

You'll see that the maps refer to the Feu de Bois restaurant and Harry's Bar a bit further on towards Les Trappeurs. But this seems to have been revamped and reincarnated as the Papillion Bistro THis must be a new thing for this winter, so I can't say much about what it's like.

@nunex Chez Simon is on the La Tzoumaz side of Savoleyres, so if you needed a head torch, then your only route down is to La Tzoumaz, as the lift up would be closed for the day. Thus a Chez Simon dinner would only work for a Verbiite if (a) you were on Nordics etc and could walk up to Croix de Coeur and ski down, or (b) you stayed in situ at Chez Simon overnight, which might be fun and you'd get first tracks the next morning (hangover permitting) or (c) they skidoo you up to the top of the runs down to Verbier or (d) they run the Taillay chair or the La Tzoumaz gondola especially for people doing the evening event.


Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 5-02-22 15:31; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just had a great week in Verbier. Not the snow we would have wanted but there was still some good skiing. Run of the week was the itinerary off the back of Mont Gele, lovely chalky snow and just no one up there. Gentianes is poop at the moment and probably one to avoid. I hope all the regulars and people coming out soon get some fresh snow and look forward to hearing all about it. snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
had a great weekend here, thanks to Bob for parking advice....was nice to hang out with the 0.01%, in a massive chalet in town with steam room, private car lift etc

Pistes were excellent, don't think I've ever ridden so fast. Local guy took us on a more 'challenging' run over towards Tortin at one point where some awful rocky mogul section has sliced up the base of my old board. But great conditions overall on piste, not too busy, some 3-4min queues.

Ate very well. Le Rouge apres scene was a riot. Le Farinet not so much.
I forgot how good the lift system is vs PdS. And the other big difference is how english verbier has become, it's the default language on signs and in town....hardly heard a word of French.

All good...will be back no doubt
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@polo, what's your take on more snow in Verbier this month?
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@nunex, right now it's not looking great anywhere west beyond this week, but that outlook can change of course in 3-4 days time
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thank you. Verbier has a good snow depth for now, and today's and tomorrow's snowfall will keep it up in a good condition until March, I expect.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
LaForet wrote:
@BobinCH Hi there. OK, so obviously Chez Simon if you can make it has great character and you're drinking the owner's wines as well. You could actually stay overnight in their accomodation (dormitory or shared rooms) for CHF 50 / person with breakfast (see 'nos chambres' on the website link above).

In the village, near to the télécabine

Auberge La Tzoumaz (200m on the road down the mountain)- Nice restaurant with range of Valais dishes. Wines from Provins Valais. A bit quieter ambience than, say, the Hotel La Poste.

Le Blanc (right opposite the télécabine) - Modern vibe and reasonable fare. More a snack-with drinks place in the bar but they've opened a more formal restaurant this year which I haven't visited as yet. Here's the Menu Le Blanc.

Hotel La Poste (get lift opp télécabine to ground floor and out through car park, turn right, 50m past the supermarket) - Wide range of meals including Italian. Good for a family or mates group out for the evening meal. Casual and lively.

Les Trappeurs (200m the opposite way through the village centre) - A real meat-eaters den: they do a veggie option but it's hard-core carnivore stuff, BUT says it's 'temporarily closed' currently, so check.

There are downloadable maps of the village with the restaurants on it on our website.

You'll see that the maps refer to the Feu de Bois restaurant and Harry's Bar a bit further on towards Les Trappeurs. But this seems to have been revamped and reincarnated as the Papillion Bistro THis must be a new thing for this winter, so I can't say much about what it's like.

@nunex Chez Simon is on the La Tzoumaz side of Savoleyres, so if you needed a head torch, then your only route down is to La Tzoumaz, as the lift up would be closed for the day. Thus a Chez Simon dinner would only work for a Verbiite if (a) you were on Nordics etc and could walk up to Croix de Coeur and ski down, or (b) you stayed in situ at Chez Simon overnight, which might be fun and you'd get first tracks the next morning (hangover permitting).


Thanks! Also got this from a mate with an apartment over there in case it’s useful

I’d recommend Le Blanc (across the road from the telecabine at the entrance to La Tzoumaz) - very modern and has a good vibe. And Papill’on is quieter but now taken over by the previous manager of Chez Dany I think (or one of the popular restaurants in V) so the offering is much better. If they want something very traditional the Auberge La Tzoumaz (around 200m on the way out) is also pretty good. And we really like La Croix de Coeur on the pistes (near the helicopter landing area).
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
polo wrote:
had a great weekend here, thanks to Bob for parking advice....was nice to hang out with the 0.01%, in a massive chalet in town with steam room, private car lift etc

Pistes were excellent, don't think I've ever ridden so fast. Local guy took us on a more 'challenging' run over towards Tortin at one point where some awful rocky mogul section has sliced up the base of my old board. But great conditions overall on piste, not too busy, some 3-4min queues.

Ate very well. Le Rouge apres scene was a riot. Le Farinet not so much.
I forgot how good the lift system is vs PdS. And the other big difference is how english verbier has become, it's the default language on signs and in town....hardly heard a word of French.

All good...will be back no doubt


Glad you enjoyed it. Ping me if you come back over and I’ll show you a few spots where you can put some proper souvenirs in that old board of yours snowHead
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've had it since learning 6 years ago....so can't blame Verbier for much of this



Plenty of value left there....just like my '07 audi with over 180,000km
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just after this section down to the left

snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
polo wrote:
I've had it since learning 6 years ago....so can't blame Verbier for much of this



Plenty of value left there....just like my '07 audi with over 180,000km


Just a few superficial scratches there!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@BobinCH, mere flesh wounds.....a bit more wax will sort it Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
polo wrote:
Just after this section down to the left



Not a huge fan of the Gentianes -> Tortin itinerary. It is very rocky and the wind often blows straight up it scouring all the exposed bits. Best snow usually skiers (far) left which gets all the drifted snow from Westerlies.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
How are we looking for the weekend? Looks like a couple of days of moderate snow and then a warm spike followed by a return to cold and dry. That an accurate read on the situation?

How high do we see melt/freeze going later in the week?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
gorilla wrote:
How are we looking for the weekend? Looks like a couple of days of moderate snow and then a warm spike followed by a return to cold and dry. That an accurate read on the situation?

How high do we see melt/freeze going later in the week?


Hopefully 30-40cm this week. Gets a bit warm Thurs pm but then quickly back down to average temps. I’m expecting to be back on the pow skis this weekend
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Understood. The powder touring skis are in the bag right now. Thinking one day in Verbier and potentially two in Grimentz depending on how tracked the lift accessed touring is in Verbier.

All it needs is for the front to hit slightly further west and that 30cm looks more like 50.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
polo wrote:
I've had it since learning 6 years ago....so can't blame Verbier for much of this



Plenty of value left there....just like my '07 audi with over 180,000km


Oh wow! Do you ever get it serviced?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
gorilla wrote:
Understood. The powder touring skis are in the bag right now. Thinking one day in Verbier and potentially two in Grimentz depending on how tracked the lift accessed touring is in Verbier.

All it needs is for the front to hit slightly further west and that 30cm looks more like 50.


When do you arrive / leave? I can for sure show you/point you to the goods in Verbier and will be skiing at least Saturday PM (kids have 2nd and 3rd Nendaz Freeride video runs Sat AM). If the snow swerves us I would head for North of the Rhone eg Andermatt or Engelberg (or even Ovronnaz) rather than South of it like Grimentz.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Judging by the lack of edge, yes !
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Looks like the Rhône more or less blocks the flow of the main 2 precip spikes. Screenshots from the Metro Suisse precipitation animations
Monday night

Tuesday night
ski holidays
 Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
That's frustrating. Still webcam shows snow at Ruinettes right now.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gorilla wrote:
That's frustrating. Still webcam shows snow at Ruinettes right now.


Verbier will do ok as it sneaks round. It’s Grimentz I’m less sure about
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Minion1980, @orange, had the base redone properly once, otherwise I just throw wax at it every few months.....I swear it still rides well (Palmer Burn), haven't caught an edge for ages (touch wood). Splashed out a few years ago on a nice splitboard so am gonna to ride this old one until it falls apart, even moreso.

Anyway, it's snowing pretty nicely now further west, coming your way
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having seen the recommendations for restaurants in La Tzoumaz , are there any recommendations for Verbier side of mountain , were staying in hotel vanessa which has a great restaurant for the evening but it would be good to venture out a few times plus of course any daytime mountainside recommendations reachable by foot as well , we’ve got the usual Vieux Verbier , Adrien and Dany booked but any other little gems that are worth a visit ?

Thanks
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@gwatts10, Carrefour terrace has the best Fillet Steak on Pierre Chaude in town. Also some very nice Rösti variations. Dahu terrace is always great for lunch but book well in advance (and foot passengers would need to take lifts). Milkshakes at Black Tap if you have kids for a pit stop. For the evening, Le Rouge good for après and the restaurant is stylish, La Nonna new Italian in town is decent. Best dining experience IMHO is 22 by Le Crock - book well in advance. Our regular faves are Aiseki Sushi, Silk Asian fusion, Shed for Burgers and Gunpowder for a curry.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like there’s some fun to be had up there!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And Nendaz invitational on Saturday with smoking lineup


latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nice morning on the Mont Fort glacier
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good snow today found on rock garden and also up Jacobs ladder off the Mont Fort. Very wind affected up high and sun affected on rock garden but really good skiing. Utterly knackered.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Exploring the South faces of Mont Rogneux


Tricky last section to the summit




My pacemakers climbed 1800m in 3 hours snowHead
ski holidays



Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy