Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Solden 2022-23

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Solden has opened for its 22-23 season today reporting "perfect conditions"

https://www.soelden.com/en/winter.html

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looking good.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hintertux also looking a lot less shabby than a couple of weeks ago.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm assuming most stuff is shut in Sölden itself until the race thing.
It looks pretty much like summer race teams only there. What's the snow actually like?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'm watching the forecasts, it's a long way off but I'll be doing a week at Easter here. There's some incoming this weekend to top the gletscher off a bit more.
Would i find Sölden limited going there the week after skiing Ischgl?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
It's as good a late season destination as any, plus you'll have obergurgl

Snow quality will be unrivalled on the glacier at that time of year. I do always admire ischgls pisting though.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@8611, as good as Tignes?
We normally have 2 weeks at Easter in Tignes
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can't vouch for tignes that time of year. Think easter early enough this year. Was in solden once in late April skiing in a t-shirt and snow was good even in the afternoon on the glaciers. Decent amount of terrain and variety between it and obergurgl.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
End of season, Sölden is usually open latest of the places around there.
Time it right and you can do Ischgl's closing party and then get over to Sölden in early May - they usually close May day weekend.
One issue is that most of the restaurants and stuff in the village close before then, and the party people stuff is mostly closed.

The snow quality at that time...
  • If you're able to ride Ischgl top to bottom (as I have been) then the low down stuff is "transport only" (wet, with puddles), although it's wild and empty below the mid station (?) at that time of year and good on a snowboard at least. When I was there I rode that multiple times for fun.
  • A bit sticky/ sloppy in the afternoon, then. Sölden I've never had sticky conditions I'd be concerned about, at that time of year. One of the pistes is called "the fridge" and is always in excellent condition (the T-bar to the left as you look up from the Retenbach base). The stuff through the tunnel on the Tiefenbach side gets more sun. People work out where the best conditions are and move around for those.
The worst scenario is rain; I've had that maybe one day in 20. I've also had 15cm of fresh, and stuff in Sölden open below the glaciers... weather's like that. Tignes is obviously good too. It's been a while since I was there but I think Sölden has more glacier variety, with two glaciers and multiple lines.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Would i find Sölden limited going there the week after skiing Ischgl?
Probably if you were only skiing the 2 Sölden glaciers - but it is likely that there will be a lot more open than that at Easter.

We skied at Ischgl for a couple of days last January and loved it. We then enjoyed 3 days at Sölden last April just as much. It's a big, varied, ski area. Had forgotten how good it is at Sölden after not visiting for about 15 years.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy