Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2021/2022 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
The helicopter was blowing snow off the trees alongside the Super Morzine bubble route today. They must be seriously worried about trees falling.
@polo, Nice pic. Like you, I’ve never seen as much snow in December.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Weather outlook: high pressure

C3376761-1-AE9-4-CBE-95-DE-E331-FFFA857-E

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sun 12-12-21 8:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I remember a few years ago being on the Lindarets Express when a tree came down with a terrific crash and cracking sound very close to the adjacent lift -Prolays maybe, can’t remember exactly.@polo, fab photos.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@polo, cool pics. Reminds me how beautiful Les Gets is.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Amazing day in Les Gets today - plenty of light powder, sunny sky but cold enough to be able to enjoy the bowl until then end, we didn't even go to Morzine (as we have a 4 yo in tow) but made the best of Ranfoilly, Nauchet and everything that lies between the two.

Quite packed for passes, if you come next week buy online (assuming you already have a compatible pass). The pistes themselves were relatively empty.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Was so nice to ride firm pistes again. Off piste was mostly chopped up by Sunday but still soft even in the busy areas.

Cyclamen however only had 2-3 tracks down it....the cost to taking that route in fresh snow is the long flat section in the middle which is tough on snowboarders, but the beginning and end of the run make it all worthwhile when everywhere else is tracked out.

Junior was wearing his 117 waist atomics. Didn't stop him trying some jumps and even managing to cross a river (ok maybe a little stream) right at the end and somehow stay on his feet.
Cold spell starting next weekend should prolong the current piste conditions at least.

http://youtube.com/v/hI5PU2mZSZA
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
With news today re British travel ban cant bear to read the reports anymore. Let's hope it changes and the snow is as good later in season
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
What are the conditions like in Les Gets today please? We will drive up in the motorhome tomorrow and, bearing in mind the warm weather, I'm trying to decide whether to head straight on up to Avoriaz.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BoardieK, still very good here, pistes are immaculate (eg chamossiere) and no queues of note.

Off piste is mixed, from sun baked tracked out crud to soft untracked in the shade (nyon)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@polo, Thankyou.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BoardieK, watch out for wolves, hearing stories of 2 sightings this week in Morzine and Praz de lys
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've skied around Chatel, Avoriaz, Saint-Jean-d'Aulps and Thollon Les Memises the past few days. Generally excellent conditions on piste, especially for this time of year. Off piste I have not explored, but shaded aspects look soft. A lot of surface hoar has formed since the last snowfall. Some runs not open yet (eg steep black runs) due to lack of snow, although the Swiss wall was in good condition.

There seems to have been a temperature inversion for the past few days - there's a persistent cloud layer topping at around 1000m. It's noticeably colder when descending into some of the valleys. The deepest snow I've seen has been at valley level where the sun can't reach. The persistent fog under 1000m has caused some very thick frost build-up down there too!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@musehead, we skied Cret Beni
at La Chapelle today and it was -7c in the car park with the frosty fog you mentioned. It was very quiet had a great ski with the kids for a couple of hours before stopping as they were feeling the cold.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Always nice skiing above the cloud. I’ve been doing the rounds too, went to the extreme end of PdS (Chatel) and back yesterday, similar conditions at all ends, although Avoriaz is more tracked as you’d expect.

Was tempted to try vallee de la manche from top Fornet ridge but snow looked like it had transformed a few days ago.

Here’s that fog creeping up to 1300m briefly this evening

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
This was taken today by Mrs Ozboy at La Chapelle with peaks peeking through the mist.

ski holidays
Our La Chapelle webcam looking lovely when I check it every morning. Jealous!
snow report
@polo, saw this on facebook re wolves.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/morzinecrew/permalink/5015897875116766/
latest report
Quote:

@polo, saw this on facebook re wolves.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/morzinecrew/permalink/5015897875116766/

The first video definitely looks like wolves, but the other video in the comments from the bubble is without doubt deer. No doubt they are around though.
snow conditions
They are in the Geneva canton so...
latest report
Les Gets is lovely, Chamoissiere and Nyon good too. Morzine front side- the reda down to Atray and Fys are FAR from pleasant - huge icy spots across the piste which is a shame but fresh snow in a few days should sort it out.

Off around Avoriaz/Swiss side tomorrow.
ski holidays
How is busyness in the PdS and any thoughts on the forecast?

We’re thinking of staying on the Swiss side due to the restrictions but can you ski into France and is the Swiss side rammed with people doing this?
latest report
Everywhere was quiet yesterday, today was much busier, although we only went to Morzine. I doubt very much the Swiss side will be busier, normally the French head to Avoriaz for NY.
latest report
doddsie wrote:
Everywhere was quiet yesterday, today was much busier, although we only went to Morzine. I doubt very much the Swiss side will be busier, normally the French head to Avoriaz for NY.

Same in Chatel - noticeably busier on Monday as EU hols in full swing and lots of accommodation running Sunday changeover this year as Christmas was on Saturday.
ski holidays
How's the weather though? Not a fan of rain, I should've made the best of the last two weeks, now really regretting.
ski holidays
Rained for the first time yesterday afternoon - it was overcast on previous day. We were as PLJ and it was wet snow but definitely snowing not too far higher up. They are currently blasting.
latest report
patrick! wrote:
How's the weather though? Not a fan of rain, I should've made the best of the last two weeks, now really regretting.

You’re going to want to stay indoors today and especially tomorrow then!!! Rain/snow level at 2000m today and over 2500m tomorrow

Use your day pass for Verbier or somewhere high today but tomorrow is going to be bad everywhere however high you go
ski holidays
patrick! wrote:

Absolutely hosing it down with rain.
As Bob says, a truly dreadful forecast for the next couple of days, followed by beer on the terrace weather for the weekend. The snowpack, that was magnificent a week ago, just a shadow of it’s former self….
latest report
@zzz, we had snow overnight ... seriously! not much and somewhat, well, errr, humid, but still on our road ...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@under a new name,
No sign of a snow line here! The road outside my house is flowing like a river.
ski holidays
@zzz, @under a new name, Morning gents! Did I miss winter? snowHead
snow report
zzz wrote:
@under a new name,

Did someone mention it always rains in Morzine Toofy Grin
snow report
Ozboy wrote:
zzz wrote:
@under a new name,

Did someone mention it always rains in Morzine Toofy Grin

Is it still above sea level?
snow conditions
@shep, looks like it Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
View towards Linga and PLJ.

latest report
@zzz, my lips are sealed Toofy Grin
snow report
There was quite a lot of snow in Avoriaz overnight, the run down to Linga was nice first thing. But by 10:30 the rain started to pick up and it was hideous out there. Very heavy and sticky snow. I’m looking forward to tomorrow morning’s ski lesson
snow report
@doddsie, are you still using Pierre for your son? We’ve had His brother Julien teach our girls these past two weeks and he has been excellent.
snow report
Heading to Morzine at the weekend. I do hope the snow doesn’t all get washed away rolling eyes
ski holidays
@jonm, there is sufficient snow in many places to last the season and the base is well established. Best December in a decade according to locals.
snow conditions
@Ozboy, fab! That’ll do then Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy