Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Portes du Soleil 2021/2022 - Avoriaz/Morzine/Les Gets/Chatel/Swiss Side etc.

Poster: A snowHead
@Matt1959, You'd better give them a call on Monday, the sale ends on Wednesday. If they're not doing the private sale you could buy your pass from the Morzine site in the flash sale on Thursday, and be set up for next year?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snow is surprisingly heavy in places. Very quiet though. Easily 30cm fell at 1600m and been snowing all afternoon, still going.

Here’s me coming down the Ranfolly

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would love a report of conditions around Les Gets, Morzine, Avoriaz today or over coming days.

And would love a weather soothsayer to tell me what’s going to happen this Thursday and whether there will be rain/snow? Very Happy

Is it worth dropping work this week booking flights and putting the dog in the kennels to ski a few days basically?

Thanks all and happy Sunday!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Half a metre of fresh snow above about 1500m today. It made my ski tour a bit of a slog in the descent!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Matt1959 wrote:
Nothing from SERMA / Avoriaz yet!

Was in my Gmail spam folder, 30th March.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@zzz, you got more than we did! 20cms or so up le Tour.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Got to Morzine on Weds afternoon and it was green and muddy. Hasn’t stopped snowing since Thursday and the snow is epic everywhere we’ve been - Les Gets, Chatel, Avoriaz, Morzine, Swiss side.

Only thing missing was a bit of sunshine - first rays we saw were just after we’d driven through Les Gets on the way to Geneva!

The other dampener was easyJet cancelled our flight home tonight so we’re currently holed up in Paris having flown here before final leg back to LTN tomorrow morning.

If you can get out there this week, do it!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@under a new name,
I think it's very aspect dependent.
I was on a SW facing slope and snow amount probably affected by the col above and NE wind transporting/dropping snow on the lee side.
Much less reported in Linderets, for example.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@zzz, Was in Lindarets Saturday and yesterday, and there was shedloads.
Satellite run was great, also Rocahssons was hard to get to on Saturday because of the departmental ski racing championships, but off the top of Rochassons by the Fantasticable hut, dropping down Chaux Fleurie side was amazing and largely untracked until Sunday.
Under the Express lift was nice, off the top of Crete also great, in fact given the poor visibility elsewhere, ( where there no trees like Happy valley or the Fornet freeride area ) Lindarets offered a great combo of nice new snow, and being able to see Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
5RED wrote:
Would love a report of conditions around Les Gets, Morzine, Avoriaz today or over coming days.

And would love a weather soothsayer to tell me what’s going to happen this Thursday and whether there will be rain/snow? Very Happy

Is it worth dropping work this week booking flights and putting the dog in the kennels to ski a few days basically?

Thanks all and happy Sunday!

Heading to Les Gets Thursday for the last weekend of the season. Praying for no rain! snowHead
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Currently its sunny, and about 5 degrees.
Bear in mind that 2 weeks ago it was nearly 20 degrees.
The isotherm is meant to be around 1800m when the precipitation arrives later this week.
So probably rain in Morzine and Les Gets, and Snow in Avoriaz and Linga, but there's enough snow to see Avoriaz through the next 3 weeks until it closes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@5RED, there is going to be torrential rain thurs and friday....could go up to Avoriaz but will still be rough.....pretty strong winds too

On the bright side, weekend will be amazing above 1800m, some snow near the village too by Sunday.....but Avoriaz or maybe it's Morzine closing party is on I believe?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
New end of season party in Morzine on Sunday, with "mountain biking challenges"

Right at the end of this very long article

https://www.morzinesourcemagazine.com/whats-new-in-morzine-les-gets-avoriaz-for-winter-2022/#:~:text=Le%20Bagui%20will%20take%20place,season%20that%20we%20all%20need!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
polo wrote:
@5RED, there is going to be torrential rain thurs and friday....could go up to Avoriaz but will still be rough.....pretty strong winds too

On the bright side, weekend will be amazing above 1800m, some snow near the village too by Sunday.....but Avoriaz or maybe it's Morzine closing party is on I believe?

Yes, we may have to dry off the snow gear Friday evening but hope our full day Sat and half day Sun makes it worth it!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
A responses to the Magic Pass?
snow report
@BobinCH,

It's not really comparable, as the Magic Pass covers lots of less well known resorts across a big area (plus les Diablerets and Villars), whereas the PdS is one of the Mega-Domains, but limits you to that area.

Locals all have their passes sorted for €530 including the 5x Altesch & 5x 4v passes.

I met some boarders this season who had both MP and PdS because from where they lived near St Cergues they could access the smaller resorts in Valais and also be in the PdS in an hour, not to mention the Jura resort on their doorstep Smile

I think it's really only competing with the PdS for a certain demographic, otherwise its something different.
snow conditions
@WindOfChange, I’ve never seen PdS passes discounted like this before. At least on the Swiss side Magic Pass must be eating I to their weekend clientele. I know people (families) who used to ski in PdS who now get Magic passes and go to Villars and occasion ally Grimentz, Crans Montana and Saas Fee.
latest report
@BobinCH, There have been the Flash sales for about 4 maybe 5 years now ( once France made locals discounts illegal ). I think you're right about some weekenders opting for MP, but we still see LOTS of VS, VD, GE plates round here at weekends, not to mention the ubiquitous AI (hire cars).
snow conditions
@BobinCH, they've had this same flash deal for at least the last 3 seasons now.

A mate from the golf club who has a place in Chatel was using his flash sale pass this season that he bought in April/May 2020 and was rolled over due to covid, and it was definitely running the season before that also.
ski holidays
@WindOfChange, @swskier, thanks for the clarification. Looks like you’re right in the eye of the storm for this weekend. Sunday could be epic in Avoriaz…
snow conditions
@BobinCH, You could use onr of your FREE PdS day passes and come over, to make a change from the Medran Express and James Blunt Smile
snow report
As posted in the general weather thread (and thanks for the reports, people!)

I'm off to the PdS for a couple of weeks this Friday. Packing my much abused race carvers for morning ice, and far less abused (it's been a long time since I had a real powder day) Preachers for afternoon slush! Not going to be an off-piste holiday, and indeed everything except Avoriaz will be closed in the second week anyway.

This is about some nice, gentle T-shirt skiing, at season end. Last season I spent out there, in 2018-19 (where does the time go?!), that end of season bimbling about was a great joy. That said, that year everyone had gone home - this year, I expect it to be pretty crowded due to Easter/the first season post lockdown.

Who cares about the weather. As long as it's not actually raining, any piste is better than one's desk, right? And if it is raining, any restaurant is better than one's desk, for sure...

Daughter no1 is on skis for the first time this season, at 3.5 years old. Sunshine is good for this activity.
latest report
Raining in Chatel today. Sloshy slushy.
snow conditions
Bucketing rain in Les Gets this morning. Lower slopes towards the village almost washed out Sad
snow conditions
Keep the faith. Snowline should go down below 1000m on Saturday. Wax up your powder skis for Sunday wink
latest report
Leaving Sunday afternoon but hope to get a good Sat and Sun morning, Little Angel
snow report
More rain in Chatel this morning. Drizzly stuff in town. Supposed to be light snow later.
latest report
It's going to get worse later today with heavier rain, strong winds and FL above 2000m.....but just after midnight the temps will start to plunge....hoping for 10-15cm tomorrow at 1200m, weekend will be saved, it's party time on the front de neige from 4pm Sat

https://www.lesgets.com/temps_fort/closing-les-gets/
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
BobinCH wrote:
Keep the faith. Snowline should go down below 1000m on Saturday. Wax up your powder skis for Sunday wink

I am ready. Should as be some nice side pistes to be found mid-mountain tomorrow for the brave.
latest report
Oblos wrote:
Raining in Chatel today. Sloshy slushy.

Biblical in Châtel. Morzine must be under water!!
snow conditions
About to get heavier by the looks of it Shocked
snow report
It’s just stopped raining in Chatel! Woohoo! Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow conditions
What an amazing end to the season in Les Gets yesterday, snow on and off all day including some heavy snow, then sunshine later and closing party. Sunshine and -7 temps for our last mornings ski today. Happy days. snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
@5RED, yep was all good, empty pistes and just enough snow to make off piste fun.

Was about as close to an interseason ski touring day you’re ever going to get, except with lifts running.

Some pistes went from fresh snow to hard pack to slush in about 100m, so was tricky in places.

But the closing party was great, some serious DJ’s up there and a decent sized crowd.

Just need a few coffees now to get back up the hill
snow report
Having a fab last day - skied from Chatel to Switzerland. Hot choc at Coquo. Lovely run back into PdS down Abricotine to lunch at Refuge des Brochaux. Waiting for my tartiflette! Happy days. Perfect snow.
ski holidays
Great off piste around Rochassons and the Chesery side of Chaux Fleurie yesterday.
snow conditions
Nice way to end the season lower down with Avoriaz still open for 2 more weeks.

Did a little vid for my Brazilian mate who is new to skiing....not the most dynamic footage you'll ever see but shows how quiet it was on Saturday and how well the snow can hold up after 50mm rain and about 5cm fresh snow (at 1500m).....had sunshine and snow showers at the same time during the day. Sunday was a lot busier and sunnier after another few cm's fell Sat evening. Short off piste run at the begninning is from top of La Rosta over towards red Eglatine and then a few clips of the closing party at the end......only 6 weeks to go until lifts open again for MTB.

http://youtube.com/v/mUYRZurxmSo
ski holidays
@polo, nice! Shrubbery got a bit tight there for a while wink
snow report
@shep, shrubbery bashing very underrated.....I was aware of my beginner mate getting lost on the blue piste after I left him at the top, so tried to cut a new line across the mini forest to reach him.

Some educated left-right guessing required when conquering new territory....you have to find new ways to challenge yourself rather than doing the same thing over and over, right?
ski holidays
Hey if you don't come home with twigs stuck in your bindings what's the point.... Twisted Evil
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy