Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First snowfall of season in Madonna di Campiglio

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We’re currently in MdC and woke up this morning to see snow above ca1800m.

It seems to have caught everyone by surprise and our Via Ferrata today is cancelled but hopefully its a sign of a good season…. (Forever the optimist)
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah, bless, that time of year again.

Annoying about your climbing cancellation.

But it doesn’t suggest anything for the season …
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There was a dusting on the top of Monte Baldo this morning, but much of it wandered off during the day. About 1800 m. Whatever happens, Baldo will have a better winter than last winter.....
Eit: It might help if I say that Baldo is above Malcesine on Lake Garda, about halfway between Verona and MdC
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
It's coming Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
It suggests that winter's on its way! Good enough for me Laughing
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

Exactly!

We did a via ferrata today, the easy one we’d chosen was closed due to snow so we did another “lower down” still hit 2,500m . Plenty of snow from ca 2300m even in the sun.

Was a bit hairy in places not least of which when there was a rock fall which hit the via ferrata about 50m from us on the opposite side of a canyon we were scaling, big boulders too, likely brought down by the water expanding in freezing conditions. We reached the impact point about 5-10 mins later and it had taken out the end of the steel cable Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mountainaddict wrote:

I shall resist my usual snark in favour of "OK, you win". Decidedly Autumnal yesterday, still warm enough for lunch in the sun, but harbouring a chill out of the direct lght. A smattering of snowfall above 1,400m-ish was rather pretty.

Fingers crossed for a hard, cold, snowy, winter snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
I shall resist my usual snark in favour of "OK, you win"
Fair dos under a new name Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@mountainaddict, well, y'know, it's not really first snow of the season, more like harbinger of Autumn.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I was caught out once, having driven to the Alps without winter tyres, by a few inches of snow in October at 1550m Fortunately I had chains in the cave - we wouldn't have got out without them. I can't remember what sort of winter followed, but there really are no implications of a few flakes in September or October.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy