Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pyrenees 21/22

Poster: A snowHead
Bear in mind that a massive dump is expected on Thursday & Friday...over a metre according to some forecasts... I'm going to wait until Saturday before driving up if that forecast persists...
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes Thursday and Friday could be bad just down to the weather conditions.

There’s more snow forecast on Friday (than Thursday), so Thursday would be the ideal day to drive in and Monday to go home - if you can swing that one!

Sunday looks like great skiing conditions too, so you don’t want to have to cut Sunday short if you can help it!

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Tue 7-12-21 16:08; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
La Capa in Arinsal looking scoured by the winds....
Screen-Shot-2021-12-07-at-14-33-37

Some serious dumping happening at the end of the week.
Screen-Shot-2021-12-07-at-14-35-28
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've been making sure no adverse effects to Vax #3 + avoiding the Spanish Bank Holidays, but going to have to head up to Baqueira on Thursday.
Too much snow to ignore. Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@AlunAlun, brave, but I like my sleep almost as much as I like my powder!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Looks like the snow well and truly stops next week Sad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Unfortunately the powder chaser's dilemma of rising temps just after the snowfall also looks present. Seems freezing level will be above highest slopes by Sunday.

However, how bad? Spruce up all the pistes, mountains and resort with fresh snow, great for all.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rain forecast below 1600m tomorrow night....https://meteo.cat/prediccio/pirineu
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Follow this page, for your convenience (and for a good laugh) I pulled it through google translate.

The first one, is static URL and is updated frequently.
https://www-nevasport-com.translate.goog/phorum/read.php?48,4310660,page=5&_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=nl

This one,is only valid for 8 till 14 december, and does not get updates.
https://www-nevasport-com.translate.goog/lameteoporjoseba/art/61707/Prevision-del-8-al-14-de-Diciembre-y-tendencia/?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=nl
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Onnem, good links, thanks
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I really wouldn’t worry too much about the snow stopping for a little while after the weekend. All the pistes are in good shape - and will be even better for some time after this weekend’s coming snowfall. We had an excellent day of skiing on piste fresh on very quiet slopes - bizarre for a bank holiday.

We were warned at the beginning of the day that we might not be able to ski for very long due to visibility and wind (possibility of closing the lifts). My colleague decided to follow the warning from the ticket office and not buy a day pass (he can get a resident’s season pass but just hadn’t got round to organising it) and just went home, but we had a great day.

Yes you might not get metres of powder, but it is early December and you probably weren’t expecting it either!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This is the forecast a few locals use - the wind looks brutal on Friday and Saturday. https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/week/soldeu_andorra_3038999
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah am worried about lift closures Saturday.... hard to get it right
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi all, considering booking a last minute trip to El Tarter (fly into BCN on Saturday, 11 Dec); skiing Sunday to Thursday.

I see that there's plenty of fresh snow over the next couple of days, but does the rising temperature from Sunday onwards mean skiing won't be great while I'm there? Apologies for my ignorance!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think pistes will be fine, in fact pleasurable, the off piste will quickly degrade. Sunday and Monday look like super piste skiing days.

Bear in mind you will presumably have to get a test to get home and it seems they are only available in the capital of Andorra which is 30 - 45 mins away Sad
snow conditions
I'm a piste skier so that sounds perfect!

Thanks for flagging the LFT. Hoping I can get one in a pharmacy in El Tarter / Soldeu, but if not sounds like I will have to head to Andorra la Vella on Wed/Thurs evening. Bit of a pain!
latest report
Why dont you just take the LFT with you ? I purchased the same im using to leave the UK. You just have to upload them to an app
snow report
Unfortunately I need to do a "professional administered LFT" - can't bring a DIY test. Sounds like the UK rules are a bit more travel friendly.
snow report
Hopefulimprover wrote:
I'm a piste skier so that sounds perfect!

Thanks for flagging the LFT. Hoping I can get one in a pharmacy in El Tarter / Soldeu, but if not sounds like I will have to head to Andorra la Vella on Wed/Thurs evening. Bit of a pain!

Per one of the main hotels over there you can only get them in Andorra La Vella

I think the resort will really need to change this to drum up business this year, appreciate the requirement has only just arisen

If anyone hears of anywhere closer to Soldeu could they please post. I can't even find a bookable one in Andorra La Vella online. So if anyone can find the latter also please post!
snow report
I just contacted Grandvalira by email and they said that you can do a "rapid antigen test with a flying certificate in all the pharmacies of the country".
snow report
Gave Soldeu Medical Centre a call (+376 852 776); they do LFTs with flying certificates (a paper print out provided at the centre) for €25. No appointment required.
latest report
Wow, that is super news, thanks a million! Maybe the hotel thought I meant PCR
latest report
Incredible conditions in Baqueira.
At least 50cm of fresh today and it's still dumping hard.
Staying down in Vielha and snowing hard even down here.

Visibility low, but looping the main lift between 1500-1800 and skiing the trees there was a lot of fun.

Another 50cm forecast tonight. Tomorrow going to interesting especially the drive back up.
latest report
Just arrived in Baqueira, definitely needed chains on our hire car to get here (hired it in Toulouse so no winter tyres as standard), can't believe the amount of snow and also how quiet it seems?!
snow conditions
@belette, No queues skiing today and plenty of tables at lunch. Imagine it's going to get busy at the weekend.
snow conditions
@8611, there’s an Andorra thread in resort reviews. I posted in there yesterday that lateral flows are available at the medical centre in Soldeu. They’re also available at the medical centre in El Tarter. A lot of pharmacies are offering them too. A friend and fellow snowHead KevWal got one at a pharmacy in Encamp today for €9.

@mortonia, I think it’s been similar here. I work at 1300m so quite low. We were forecast just a few cm yet I had to clear a good 20cm off my car at the end of the day. There’s been a lot more than that up in Soldeu.
ski holidays
@hammerite, thanks
snow report
Someone enjoying their lunch break in Andorra today (not me unfortunately)!

https://fb.watch/9O8rQFtJNR/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
God that video is absolutely mouthwatering! Should have been out there, and if it wasn't for a kids trip to Santa booked ages ago, I would have been!
ski holidays
@belette, did you buy the chains or hire them? Hiring a car from Toulouse myself on Sunday to go to Baqueira, but hiring seems expensive with Europcar and it may be a dry week next week.
snow conditions
Hired them at a galling cost of 120euros, when they would only cost about 40 to buy Eh oh! we could tell we were going to need them though, road was covered from vielha. You can probably wait to see how the roads are.
latest report
Soldeu gondola running very slowly today and keeps stopping, was first on when it opened and still only a third of the way up at 9:20

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 10-12-21 9:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
8611 wrote:
God that video is absolutely mouthwatering! Should have been out there, and if it wasn't for a kids trip to Santa booked ages ago, I would have been!

In typical Scooby Doo fashion... "If it wasn't for those meddling kids...." Toofy Grin

Can't wait for next week's trip with he kids, their first go, but part of me just wants an adult-only thrash around the mountain, sitting in bars and generally reliving my youth Very Happy
ski holidays
Peter Ross wrote:
@belette, did you buy the chains or hire them? Hiring a car from Toulouse myself on Sunday to go to Baqueira, but hiring seems expensive with Europcar and it may be a dry week next week.

Be aware that a lot of shops, shut in France Sundays apart from large supermarkets. If the weather is dry dont buy them, and if necessary, but them locally for the return to the airport

Norauto Toulouse Purpan
1,166 Google reviews
Auto repair shop in Toulouse, France
Address: 39/41 Rte de Bayonne, 31300 Toulouse, France
Hours:
Friday 8a.m.–7:30p.m.
Saturday 8a.m.–7:30p.m.
Sunday Closed
Monday 8a.m.–7:30p.m.
Tuesday 8a.m.–7:30p.m.
Wednesday 8a.m.–7:30p.m.
Thursday 8a.m.–7:30p.m.
ski holidays
Looks like it's been epic for snow so far - Arinsal looked pretty much whiteout on the webcam earlier, this is Pal; the fact the magic carpet in the foreground just looks like a snow bank gives a good indication of how much there's been... Anxiety levels are slowly being taken over by the excitement of razzing through loads of snow Very Happy

Screen-Shot-2021-12-10-at-09-17-10
snow conditions
Peter Ross wrote:

If my reading of the forecast is correct you won't need them by Sunday, due to be very warm with freezing level about 3000m.

All next week due to be very dry also.
snow report
I'm fighting with the Baqueria website for recharging the forfait, I get "error Invalid BaqueiraTICKET" when I input the code, I recall last year there was some trick to it but of course I can't remember now, any ideas?
snow report
Driving up from Barcelona later tonight. Will check the websites already linked re road conditions. I assume the local advice is while the French route may be quicker its also more prone to closing / a more difficult drive?
snow conditions
@dublin2, good advice, I arrive late also. @8611, saw that, won't need chains on Sunday anyway. Have bought them in resort before. Although I have got free chains before in Venice Treviso.

1 metre of fresh snow overnight in Baqueira!
snow report
@8611, probably too late for you, but the police were stopping cars just south of Encamp and forcing anyone without winter tyres to put chains on. My colleague lives in Soldeu. She’s just had to dig out the path/driveway to her garage. The snow was too deep for her car to get through.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy