Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2021-22

Poster: A snowHead
bobbev999 wrote:
Good snow conditions at the moment. We are having a spell of clear sunny weather at present so it does get a bit soft later in the day but it is very cold overnight so nice and crisp in the morning.

Thanks very much

Been consistent snowfall through the season?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pretty consistent. Some regular dumps in January, a bit of a mini-melt mid Feb but a few good top ups since then. Clear sunny weather forecast for the rest of this week but there might be a bit more snow early next week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is it still obligatory to wear masks on lifts and in restaurants?

TIA.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Is it still obligatory to wear masks on lifts and in restaurants?

It certainly is on lifts and I am pretty sure that you have to wear a mask when moving around in restaurants.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Teaching today, but as a quick update, Piste conditions are excellent, off-piste not so good. Very crowded but expecting things to ease off next week. Locals all warning to book early for the 8/9/10th due to the additional night slalom on the 9th.Lots of places avaiable for weeks of 19th and 26th March (Kids ski free from 19th) so come and enjoy a late season break.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@holidayloverxx, i could not get buy in from the kids to watch the slalom race but thanks for the heads up anyway.

Anyone out in Flachau now? If i took trainers with me would i be able to run on the roads around town or is there still snow/ice around on the main pathways?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@o11y, As of today, yes you can run. The other walking trails may require a decent cross country sole.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@RedandWhiteFlachau, thanks.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We made the Daily Telegraph yesterday. That means hordes of Brits to fight with the Dutch next year! Very Happy
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/ski/epic-cheaper-alternative-skiing-france-austria-probably-never-heard/
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Seconded about the pistes being in amazing condition. Real hero snow with crisp low temps. There is still light fluffy stuff to be had for tourers but not close to the resorts until the next dump.

latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Arriving in Zauch on Sat… I’ll send some snow in advance and bring some with me… thank god for trees!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow and scraped hard pack today viz down to 30 yds - good to be back

https://youtube.com/shorts/9T6xLKLiqhk?feature=share
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Soft and light all over… even a view…

Superb
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spring is spring, the grass is riz…

snow conditions
Wildsmith wrote:
Spring is spring, the grass is riz…

Seems quite a marked difference in conditions vs the photos on arrival versus these ones? Is this a different area?
We had a great time in Zauchensee this year. Keen to return next year, but Feb half term clashes with all the big holidays (Fasching, Germany, Netherlands etc) so wondering whether to go for 1st April for a week instead to avoid the queues - hence trying to get a feel on snow conditions in April!
snow conditions
@Pippo9, yes those are wagrain and Flachau - spring hasn’t reached Z yet- snow good still - soft below 1200m say
snow conditions
Light rain in Zauch today and gloomy. Firm slush below 1600, good snow above so we stayed around Zauchensee. At 1350m can see the Saharan sand from a few weeks ago showing through. Not met any ice yet and not going to freeze over night … planning a slush surf around ski Amade… any recommendations? (Nb already got a big no on the Krapfelalm!)

snow report
What's wrong with the Krapfenalm? They're open until Easter Monday. Very Happy
ski holidays
For me… gluten… for my son.. I mentioned egg and bacon on a donut and he is now violently opposed ( cognitive dissonance I assume)!!!
latest report
… and he put grated cheese on his germknodel last night!
snow report
Sunny!

Pistes holding out but rain tonight…
snow conditions
Ankle deep at the top!

Enough to cover up the lumpy snow underneath on SR4 and plenty of on piste whooping higher up

Lower down was ok despite rain, hard in places or firm slush early on… more rain tonight

Vids from yesterday tour from Z to Alpendorf with shaky views

http://youtube.com/v/N4Qy8z7y1JA

http://youtube.com/v/V4YUF8NO-g0
snow report
Last day for us - low cloud and slush from the start, at least no hard pistes an the slush stayed firm - beautiful one the sun came out.
The Saharan snow colours the landscape

Great week

ski holidays
Well folks, that's a wrap for this season in Flachau at least. Great "Last Lift Day" ski with the Boss. Super lunch of Hirsh Carppacio at the #Auhofalm and a nice cold Weiss Beer to wash it down. For those who insist that you have to go high at Easter, I remind you that Aspect is just as important and when you have North facing slopes like we do, then there's nothing better than smashing them out at this time of year. We have Easter Week 8-15 Apr 23 available! Here's some images from today. Busy out Very Happy
https://imgur.com/a/HtvFFSU

snow conditions
New link for next season's Q&A. Ski Amade 22-23!
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4963696#4963696
latest report
sigh..... next year!
snow report
Any opinions on Wagrain for a week in January for 3 fellas.
We have stayed in Flachau, Schladming and Bad HOFFGASTEIN before as well most other resorts in Austria.Looking for somewhere we haven't been before and also with a bit of life .
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Chick, similar to Flachau - plenty of accommodation options especially for apartments and pensions, lifts widely separated but linked by shuttle buses, no significant centre to speak of, several options for apres and evening meals, and accesses the same areas via the G-Link. Makes the Grafenberg area readily accessible, which is good. Makes the Zauchensee area difficult to get to, which is bad. Has a reasonable swimming pool.

Outlying accommodation options at the Rote 8R are limited but cheaper than in town if you're happy with a quiet night in.
snow report
@Chick, Please use the forum for this season: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4963696#4963696

I've moved your message across already.
snow report
@ousekjarr, Umm, Zauchensee difficult? Not really. Straight up the new Flying Mozart lift, 100m down to the new Panoramabahn and then you're in Flachauwinkel. Quicker than going from Flachau.
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, it becomes a significant journey, and you have to time the return carefully to make sure you reach the Panoramabahn before it shuts, plus if the Panoramabahn shuts due to high winds then you're stuck a long way from home. We had that happen last year when we were in Flachau, but of course the bus back from Flachauwinkl was trivially simple to work around it. The Russian family stuck at Flachauwinkl at 5pm and asking how they could get back to Wagrain weren't so lucky.

Depending on where you are staying in Wagrain, Zauchensee is either two lifts, a long run down, a shuttle bus, two lifts and then the long run down into the valley, or it starts with an added bus to the Flying Mozart first.

From Flachau, it is typically a bus, two lifts, then the run into the valley, or if you hate buses, it's two lifts up, Panoramabahn over, long run down, shuttle bus, two lifts up, and the long run down. The first is easy. The others are dependent on a single lift over the highest part of the range which may close - I have no stats on the availability of the Panoramabahn, but it was shut for 2 days out of 6 when we were there in January so I'm guessing it may be closed for 6-8 days per season as we were unlucky with the series of storms coming through.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy