Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les 3 Vallées 2021/22 - Courchevel, Meribel, Val Thorens etc

Poster: A snowHead
What a glorious day! We got over to Orelle early and the runs were just superb. Then back over to VT and the conditions held up well up about 3pm and then they started to soften up on the lower slopes.

Seriously hot though, I've got a major tan after just two days!!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm coming over to Courchevel this weekend to do this 'triathlon hors norme' on Sunday. Impossible to train for in the UK (and currently hampered by a 'Covid-but-not-Covid' type cough):

http://youtube.com/v/c5PNpov_b3M&feature=youtu.be
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can anyone tell me what the snow has been like in Val Thorens today? Does it remain firm most of the day on a reasonable number of the runs? We're in Les Arcs and it is quite heavy (but still enjoyable). However, we're thinking it might be worth driving over to Val Thorens on Friday for one day of skiing on firm snow. Would it be worth it? Thank you.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was in VT yesterday and skied high in Meribel today. Cutting to the chase, it's hotter than Satan's buttcrack. Anything below c.2800m is pretty mushy by late morning.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@gorilla, thanks.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@YellowAndBlue, we've been in VT all week. Conditions go from icy in the morning to very soft late afternoon. You just need to pick your slopes - go on the south facing slopes of Plein Sud early morning, and then try and stay high as much as you can.

The slopes below the resort (below 2300m) get soft quickly, but most other runs stay good until after lunch. In fact today a lot of the runs actually stayed quite icy till late morning.

But personally our experience is that anything above 2500m has stayed okay till after lunch. Just aim for slopes that get less traffic.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Handy Turnip, thanks. We might give it a try tomorrow. We've certainly found Thursday and today much better than Tuesday and Wednesday here in Les Arcs. The last two days the runs to Vallandry have been solid for the first two hours and have lasted to midday fairly well. I think there must have been a warm wind in the middle of the week that had a significant effect on the snow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@YellowAndBlue, the wind was from the south for days. Pistes are getting badly soft after 1pm this week. I can still get back to Les Menuires but the snow is grabby and the piste basher has its work cut out for the last few days.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Had a glorious week in VT with the family - much warmer than our normal family Easter trip but it was still fantastic. Great skiing, great weather, and beautiful lunches in the sun.

Even had a really nice chat with a fellow snowhead yesterday on the run just off 2 Lacs chair (red bandana, skiing with his family).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Handy Turnip wrote:
Had a glorious week in VT with the family - much warmer than our normal family Easter trip but it was still fantastic. Great skiing, great weather, and beautiful lunches in the sun.

Even had a really nice chat with a fellow snowhead yesterday on the run just off 2 Lacs chair (red bandana, skiing with his family).

What is he called? Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Bergmeister, I'm ashamed to say I don't know! We were both actually skiing at the time, so it wasn't the most in-depth conversation, and we split off onto different pistes before I got a chance to ask.

They had lots of bright snowheads snoods and helmet stickers, and I think they were on the family bash.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They? Did he tell you he wasn't a he? Puzzled wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bergmeister wrote:
They? Did he tell you he wasn't a he? Puzzled wink

Laughing Laughing

He was definitely a he! The rest of the family were a they though!! Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
swskier wrote:

Have spotted all those pistes on the map, I remember Plein Sud from my last trip as that's the run down from La Folie Douche and remember how mental that run is around 5pm!

Omfg... Thursday night last week was absolute carnage!!!
We took the kids up for the last run down and just sat down for half an hour watching it all unfold.

The kids loved it!!!

We managed to find a gap in the descending zombie horde and made it to safety Smile Smile
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi everyone, hope you've all had great seasons.

I am heading to VT for a last gasp trip, 29 April – 4 May.

Could I please check with anyone who's in the know that things will still be open at that point? There is still a fair bit of info online indicating VT will shut on 22 April...

Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
@cav, I went for the same period a few years back and everything was open. VT ski area definitely open. I think 7/8th May is the closing date
latest report
@cav, when I was out last week there were advertising being open until May 7th/8th - like on the digital displays at lifts and such.

So definitely no issues.
snow conditions
In VT due to leave sat 23
Snow is ok on piste but cry slushy in pm and frozen early am
Off piste not great
Resort restos starting to wind down guide tells me rain due next week
Official closing is may!!!!
snow conditions
We had a fantastic powder day yesterday in Val Thorens!

Mind, it was after a long wait.... We have had 57 consecutive ski days since we last skied powder (13 December 2021 in Val Thorens). rolling eyes

After our lengthy wait, 4 inches felt like 4 feet! (Matron! Toofy Grin ) We had a fair bit of flat light and fog throughout the day but we were still finding fresh tracks at 4pm.
snow conditions
cav wrote:
Hi everyone, hope you've all had great seasons.

I am heading to VT for a last gasp trip, 29 April – 4 May.

Could I please check with anyone who's in the know that things will still be open at that point? There is still a fair bit of info online indicating VT will shut on 22 April...

Thanks in advance!

We are in Val Thorens now and they are advertising that it is open until 8 May. Very Happy

Les Menuires, St Martin, Meribel and Courchevel all closed on 22 April, so that may be where confusion has crept in.
snow conditions
If you are a holder of a 3V season pass for 2021/22 you may already be aware that your pass is not valid for this Summer. This is the first year I have known this to be the case.

The Summer lift pass prices have now been published and you can extend your winter pass into the summer for 100 euros pedestrians and 150 mountain bike use.

https://static.lesmenuires.com/files/remontees-mecaniques-ete.pdf

What is also new for this year is that LA Masse and Cime Caron are now separate tariffs and not included in the weekly passes although it does appear they are covered in the extended season. A single trip La Masse is 22 euros or if you want a glass bottomed cabin 27 euros.

Talk about fleecing the tourists!
ski holidays
@Duster, thanks for letting us know, am heading over on 4th July for a month. They should feel some gratitude to those of us who splashed out on passes in early December,only to have a nail biting few weeks thereafter about whether we would get to use them. We missed a good 10 days’ use from Boxing Day cos of Covid travel restrictions. I hope my parents, whom I’m taking with me for 10 days are still entitled to freebies as they are in their 80s..(just checked…they do!)
ski holidays
Has a 2022/23 thread been set up yet?
ski holidays
It's a bit early. On all but the highest slopes you'll see more cows than snow at the moment.
snow report
cmacm123 wrote:
Funnily enough, was justing thinking about this the other day...

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=5019108#5019108
latest report
cmacm123 wrote:

Yes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy