Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
We reported a lateral flow tests online, scan the barcode on the lateral will flow tests. Didn’t think we need to get PCR anymore.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 7-02-22 20:46; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As lateral flow tests don’t count I’ll try and get them both a second vaccination before we go.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
When do you go?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Butch_Norton wrote:
As lateral flow tests don’t count I’ll try and get them both a second vaccination before we go.

They can only have a second jab 12 weeks after having covid
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
When asked if your child has had covid within 12 weeks you can lie, the official wording is ideally wait 12 weeks, vulnerable kids can be jabbed after 4 weeks. The systems are not linked, my daughter was about 6 weeks and had no issues getting second vaccination and recovery QR code
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Butch_Norton, I feel for you. Did they test positive after the advice changed to not getting a PCR test following a positive LFD? Looks to me like yet again Government has failed to properly think through the consequences of decisions and advice given to us all.

Best advice is just do a walk in for a second dose. There is really no problem getting the second dose earlier it is an abundance of caution only.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My daughter is 4 weeks past positive test on Friday so will book for Saturday jab and my son about 4 days later. So hopefully get them both jabbed before we fly on 19th Feb and even if we have to do a few in resort lateral flow tests in resort my son’s qr code should be through by the Monday. Will keep the inresort testing costs down a bit!!!

It’s a complete horlicks though the PCR vs lateral flow. If only there was some pan European overarching community we could all be part of with a common rules and guideline. Nah, daft idea what was I thinking!!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Layne wrote:
Also did the app set up yesterday and same as above "scanned passport awaiting next step…"

All verified today (had to short video aswell) and Covid pass showing. Now we are at the @rse end of Covid everything seems to be working smoothly.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@andmelffion, Not if you don't log the negative on the NHS T&T system.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Austria question: oldest child (14) is double vaccinated. If she gets and recovers from covid between now and holiday, it is unlikely she will be able to pass a PCR test required for entry, as tests can show positive for up to 90 days after recovery. Does this scupper our plans? (She has not had covid, but thinking through all possibilities.)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowhound wrote:
@andmelffion, Not if you don't log the negative on the NHS T&T system.

And when the child has , albeit one of the very rare side effects, who is the parent going to blame, themselves or the medical professional who gave the vaccine whilst not having been given the correct information. Best I leave this forum as some of the advice is shocking. Good luck to everyone going on their ski holidays.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
In other countries the jabs are routinely given four weeks apart. If it was a huge problem, we’d know about it.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@andmelffion, Each to their own. Tens of millions of teenagers will have already been jabbed within days of having Covid simply because they never knew they had it in the first place as so many of them are asymptomatic. If there was a problem, it would have been clear by now. If there is a risk, it is tiny-both in absolute terms, and relative to all the other risks teenagers take every day.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snowhound wrote:
@andmelffion, Each to their own. Tens of millions of teenagers will have already been jabbed within days of having Covid simply because they never knew they had it in the first place as so many of them are asymptomatic. If there was a problem, it would have been clear by now. If there is a risk, it is tiny-both in absolute terms, and relative to all the other risks teenagers take every day.

My understanding is that there is likely a difference in viral load between someone who is symptomatic and someone who is not. On that basis, I'm not sure your assertion is sound.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@sugarmoma666, As I said, each to their own. whilst not a virologist, I am a scientist (Physics) so understand data and how experimental evidence is used.
snow conditions
Of course the other way to look at this is to think how many kids caught Covid days after their jab? I know quite a few.

So it's ok to catch Covid straight after a jab but not ok to have a jab straight after Covid?

I'm not a medical expert but it's right that other countries wait fewer weeks than we do. If something was bad about it, it would make headlines.
latest report
@andmelffion, You are being very judgemental here. This is a subject that I have researched thoroughly, mostly out of scientific interest.

Before condemning the advice given here by others or the choices parents are choosing to make, perhaps you can supply the evidence you are basing your condemnation on? I.e. exactly what is the increased risk of a shorter interval between initial and second dose, and what is the increased risk of having a second dose less than 12 weeks after a Covid infection. Please include any links to scientific papers or studies, the more the better. Also some insight into the vaccination regimes in other countries and the basis on which those regimes were established. I am genuinely interested.
ski holidays
I’m following the GOV site for 12-16 year olds.
If you are not well when your appointment is due
You should not attend a vaccine appointment if you are self-isolating or waiting for a COVID-19 test. Ideally you should wait 12 weeks after having a positive COVID-19 test or at least 4 weeks if you are at higher risk.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-resources-for-children-and-young-people/covid-19-vaccination-a-guide-for-eligible-children-and-young-people-aged-12-to-17
snow report
I am not being judgemental at all, it is entirely up to parents to make the correct choice for their child (our daughter is double vaxxed and will have the booster when she qualifies for it) but for people to say on here 'just lie' when asked if the child has recently had covid is plain wrong. As i stated the risk of side effects is small but it does exist and the medical advice of a 12 week gap between catching covid and having the vaccine is there for a purpose. Discuss the pros and cons with a medical profession not a forum where people are desperate to go on a ski holiday.

Anyway I am off this forum so as I said earlier for those who get away have a great time, for those that miss out - there's always later in the year or next year.....

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/coronavirus-vaccine-your-questions-answered/covid-19-vaccines-and-myocarditis-should-you-be-worried

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination/myocarditis-and-pericarditis-after-covid-19-vaccination-guidance-for-healthcare-professionals
snow conditions
andmelffion wrote:

andmelffion wrote:
And when the child has , albeit one of the very rare side effects, who is the parent going to blame, themselves or the medical professional who gave the vaccine whilst not having been given the correct information. Best I leave this forum as some of the advice is shocking. Good luck to everyone going on their ski holidays.

You made some rather unpleasant and judgemental comments, which I have challenged.

The links you have posted only serve to demonstrate that you really do not have any basis for your pronouncements on the choices others make. Those are the generic advice (and it is clear it is advice/guidance not regulation), and not the base science/evidence. You have clearly not researched the science and evidence around this, and also ignore the fact that current advice includes vaccinating only 4 weeks after infection for some children.
latest report
Has anyone used Randox Certifly App for children? The only way I can see is to setup a full profile for them with email, phone and password.

Then in the terms for the app they have this:

Quote:

We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 16. Our App is not directed to children under the age of 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided any personal info, it will be erased from our database as soon as reasonably possible, except when we need to keep that information for legal purposes or to notify a parent or guardian

They don't make these things easy.
ski holidays
I just did it, added them to my profile and used my email and phone no problem
snow report
Just back from 3vallees with single jabbed, recovered 16 year old. No problems re passes. Checked maybe 6 times all week, all at bottom of lift systems
snow report
zikomo wrote:
andmelffion wrote:

andmelffion wrote:

You made some rather unpleasant and judgemental comments, which I have challenged.

The links you have posted only serve to demonstrate that you really do not have any basis for your pronouncements on the choices others make. Those are the generic advice (and it is clear it is advice/guidance not regulation), and not the base science/evidence. You have clearly not researched the science and evidence around this, and also ignore the fact that current advice includes vaccinating only 4 weeks after infection for some children.

I’m in the same boat, my son is 15, single jabbed and caught covid 7th Jan

So hasn’t had 2nd jab, booked for Obergurgl 9/4 so about 12 weeks later

However, the guidance chances once he’s 16, and then it’s 28days between having covid and the 2nd jab

His 16th birthday is 31/3 so he could then have the second jab but would he count as fully vaccinated when we are due to fly 10 days later?
ski holidays
@up4it, there is no waiting time in Austria, once he is vaccinated for the second time he is immediately considered fully vaccinated.
snow report
dklemm wrote:
Has anyone used Randox Certifly App for children? The only way I can see is to setup a full profile for them with email, phone and password.

Then in the terms for the app they have this:

Quote:

We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 16. Our App is not directed to children under the age of 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided any personal info, it will be erased from our database as soon as reasonably possible, except when we need to keep that information for legal purposes or to notify a parent or guardian

They don't make these things easy.

No problem with this, simply add a profile for your children to your account in the app. I did this for my 4 kids with no problem.
snow conditions
In 3 Vallees since Sat, 13 yr old son, 1 vax. We’ve daily tested past three days, easy, get QR code in seconds, 25 Euros for the privilege! Have we been asked for COVID passes? Not ANYWHERE! Been to 5 bars/restaurants so far, nothing. Nothing on ski lifts. We drove down and did get asked twice when we stopped to eat, but adults only, no interest in children. I get the impression if they did ask while on slopes, it’s 16+ only they would be interested in. We’re debating whether to test for rest of week….. probably put the mockers on it now rolling eyes
ski holidays
Welcome to snowHeads @robleedham snowHead

We are in Flaine and although our daughter had her second jab on Tuesday 15th, her QR code isn’t showing as valid yet on the TAC Verif. I’m hoping it will be tomorrow morning, ie after a gap of 7 whole days starting the day after her jab. We had her tested the first two days here but have only been checked once. This was in a very busy restaurant near to the bottom of one of the runs returning to Flaine Foret. They did check all of us, but we have had no requests on ski lifts or cafes / restaurants in the village. Tricky decision!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Question for those of you who have already been in France with your teenagers. I have finally got my children double vacc'd and have downloaded the QR code from NHS Scot. I have uploaded this into my Tous Anti Covid App (I don't want to use the NHS Scot one). There is a little information button saying that "NHS Certificates expire after 30 days. Go to the NHS Portal to generate a new one" but other than that all looks fine. Has anyone had any problems using the TAC app in France with the NHS Codes - is it all quite straightforward or should I take a paper copy just in case? TIA.
latest report
@trmacc, the TAC app worked fine when I was there in Dec. Got scanned at quite a few restaurants and the occasional lift.
Quite a few folk printed their QR codes and laminated them or stuck them to their helmets under plastic so they could be scanned without getting the phone out of the pocket.
latest report
@trmacc, we were out last week. We generated the pass from NHS and downloaded it to phones. And they scanned that. No use of NHS or TAC app required. Screenshotting would work aswell.

I also had a paper copy of everyone's in my rucksack as a back up.

We were checked 4 times at different lifts at different times over the course of 7 and a bit days.

We only went to one restaurant and we were checked their also - same method as above.
ski holidays
Monday-Saturday last week in Chx, used the lifts everyday and ate out 3 times, the only time we were asked for TAC was uplift from base of Vallorcine on the Saturday. If I was guessing then that would be because Saturday has all the 'skiing for the day from nearest city' crowd. Plus as most folks transfer in Sat, if they scan Sat/Sun they then catch 99% of people for the week.
snow report
Thank you all, that's useful. Will def have a laminated copy and that's a really good idea to stick to helmet!
latest report
It's been announced the Pass Sanitaire requirement will end on Monday 14th March, so that's a bit less hassle for parents with children who are over 12 but aren't able to be fully vaccinated before their trip.
ski holidays
@trmacc the paper code would be the same as the app anyway. But don't worry, it's very straightforward. And if you want to check, you can just gett the TAC app and scan your codes for yourself to see what happens. We used a pdf with a screenshot of each family member's barcode pasted into it, with shortcut on the homescreen of everyone's phone. But not because we didn't trust the app, because it was just quicker and easier to deal with when necessary. Some people set the barcode as their wallpaper. The app just makes you a code. You can show it however you like.
ski holidays
For those heading to France, we have just had this reply to a query regarding daily testing / passes. WE will be heading to Arc 1950 mid-April; 2 adults (fully jabbed), 14 yr old (fully jabbed), 11 yr old who will turn 12 in early April (no jabs, and can't get her first until mid-May as had covid recently);

'Since March 14th 2022, the vaccination pass is no longer required in the ski resorts, either to access the ski lifts or the restaurants. As a result, it is no longer necessary to show your vaccination pass or a negative test result from less than 24 hours ago. This means that your daughter will not need to be tested every day as the ski area and restaurants are now open to everyone, vaccinated or not.

The test centre in the Village has therefore closed, but if necessary, the Arc 2000 medical practice carries out antigenic tests.

The only measure still in place is the wearing of masks in the closed lifts (the cable cars, the Aiguille Rouge cable car, the Vanoise Express and the Funicular. ), indoor queues and in shuttle buses.'
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy