Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
We’ve also managed to get our 13 and 15 year olds set up on NHS app, and proof of recovery working for passe sanitaire validation. Happy days!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
7ncj wrote:
andmelffion wrote:
Rw74 wrote:
So I’m still confused. Apologies if I’m being really dim…head is fried by all these rules. My 15 year old now has the nhs app and QR codes for his first vaccine and proof of positive Covid test from November. How does he now use these to get the French health pass? He’s scanned both codes into the tac app. Will restaurants/lifts scan both of these codes and accept that? Or do I still need to go to a pharmacie and get an equivalency certificate? Does anyone know?

Easiest thing is to download the TAC Verif app and scan the qr codes you have…if valid it will give you the green tick and ‘valide’ that you need

Thanks. Just tried this and yep, qr code for most recent vaccine for me works….. and the qr code for my 12 year olds positive test works (but not the one for his vaccine, which he’s had since the positive test).

A positive test result trumps 1 dose of vaccine
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Fortunately it's 6 months after his positive test 12 days after our trip, so just in time to still be valid.

Still plan to try and get his second vaccine the week before we go, but at least we can be more confident about not needing daily testing if we can't get it early (10 week gap) or for any other reason.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Can I just check that others have experienced the same thing in the tous anti COVID app for their 13-15year olds… we got the recovery QR code on the NHS app on my 14yo daughter’s phone. I then loaded that onto the Tous anti COVID app and there is now a ‘Covid pass’ on there with QR code.

My question is, is that enough now to avoid daily testing?

Reason I ask is that there were no party balloons etc on the app when the QR loaded.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spower wrote:
Can I just check that others have experienced the same thing in the tous anti COVID app for their 13-15year olds… we got the recovery QR code on the NHS app on my 14yo daughter’s phone. I then loaded that onto the Tous anti COVID app and there is now a ‘Covid pass’ on there with QR code.

My question is, is that enough now to avoid daily testing?

Reason I ask is that there were no party balloons etc on the app when the QR loaded.

As above, check using the TAC verif app. The one recovery qrcode should be fine (as long date of positive test is less than 6 months from when you come back). My understanding is that app is what will be used to check pass sanitieres, by restaurants, ski lifts etc, so if your qr code gets a green tick on that, you’ll be ok.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hmm, will have to check on her app. To be honest though, my tous app doesn’t have any green ticks by the pass. The only green tick I had was when the tracing thing was activated. Now a Red Cross as I turned it off.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have you picked up it's two different apps? The TousAnticovid and the TAC verif. First one holds the qr code / certificate the second checks them.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ah, no I hadn’t Embarassed

Thanks vm!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just scanned her QR code on the TAC app on my phone and got a green tick.

Looks like I was ok cancelling the daily tests! Very Happy

Do we need to load anything on the TAC app or is it ok on just the tous one?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ah, no I hadn’t Embarassed

Thanks vm!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
spower wrote:
Just scanned her QR code on the TAC app on my phone and got a green tick.

Looks like I was ok cancelling the daily tests! Very Happy

Do we need to load anything on the TAC app or is it ok on just the tous one?

Just the tous one... even just the NHS one should be okay. The TAC one is the 'checker.'
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Brilliant, thanks very much!

I can relax a bit more now ahead of Saturday’s trip.

Just need the kids to stay COVID free!
Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I know, I’m not normally an anxious person but can’t stand the uncertainty of not knowing if we will all be Clear in the last few days before the trip. Confused
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Well, I can't believe this thread I started has now got to 41 pages! Madeye-Smiley

It's certainly been a fretful time working out a way to get our families back on the slopes this season.

Good to hear that many have got all their ducks in line to make it possible!! snowHead

I'm entering the last furlong this week. I booked flights to Verona for HT once my 14yo got her second jab and Covid Pass letter a couple of weeks back.

Just need everyone to steer clear of the Plague this week, so we can test negative on the LFTs the morning of departure!! Shocked
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had a friend share an article from the Daily Telegraph on Thursday that's concerning them about booking a trip

From the DT : "France was continuing to maintain on Thursday it could not process UK certificates of recovery from Covid which children will require if they are not fully vaccinated"

I've not seen any mention of this elsewhere and have shared the advice of this thread which is get NHS QR codes, Upload to TAC and you are all sorted.

Has anything changed ???
snow report
Vessigaud wrote:
Just had a friend share an article from the Daily Telegraph on Thursday that's concerning them about booking a trip

From the DT : "France was continuing to maintain on Thursday it could not process UK certificates of recovery from Covid which children will require if they are not fully vaccinated"

I've not seen any mention of this elsewhere and have shared the advice of this thread which is get NHS QR codes, Upload to TAC and you are all sorted.

Has anything changed ???

Probably just poor reporting for DT. Anyone can download the TAC verify app to check the certificates are valid. Same for Italy Verifca C19.
snow report
dklemm wrote:
Vessigaud wrote:

Has anything changed ???

Probably just poor reporting for DT. Anyone can download the TAC verify app to check the certificates are valid. Same for Italy Verifca C19.

This. If TAC (France) or VerificaC19 (Italy) give the green tick then there will be no problems.

I suspect that there has been some confusion, with parents travelling to France before the recent changes to the digital system was in place (3rd Feb). Before those changes it was not possible to get the required proof of recovery, which is a QR code compatible with the EU system. Some will have gone to France with letters from Doctors, certificates form private medical centre, emails and downloads showing proof of a positive test. None of these will have had a QR code. People will then have been trying to use them in France and getting upset that their proof of recovery is not being accepted. Nothing more or less than not researching properly before going, and getting upset when the French do not bend the rules for them.
latest report
I think the mainstream media, even the usually better ones and the well known travel experts, have been poor around this.

Either their research has been non-existent or the cynic in me thinks problems and issues get more attention / clicks etc than 'family did their research, was a bit of a faff, but all went smoothly and had a great holiday.'
latest report
@dklemm, @7ncj, If you read the article it is clear it is parents who did not understand or accept the rules for France, They claim that "officers rejected the NHS Covid recovery certificate of Finley, who is not fully vaccinated". They "had travelled to Montgenèvre to spend the season in the French Alps, home-schooling their two sons". There was no such thing as an NHS covid recovery certificate before this Monday, so there is absolutely no way that they had one. What they had was a bunch of paperwork that did not meet French requirements, and a big sense of entitlement.

I have no sympathy. And this is lazy, bad journalism.
ski holidays
I think the real problem the family in the campervan faced was that campsites in France require health passes. They would have been OK parked up in an aire/layby or even in a hotel, but not in a proper campsite even though they were in their own van.

The French make this fairly clear in their Covid rules, but it doesn't sound like this family read up on them.

https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/pass-sanitaire

access to tourist accommodation such as campsites or holiday clubs is subject to the “sanitary pass”, with a single check at the start of the stay
snow report
@HilbertSpace, And they can't use ski facilities. As I said, I have no sympathy and the journalism is appalling.
snow report
Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help me with some of the specifics around vaccines for teenagers.

My son (aged 14) had his 2nd jab yesterday (6th Feb). Both his first and second doses are showing in his NHS app. So far so good. I am fully vaccinated and boosted.

Thinking of taking him on a last minute ski trip to go this weekend (12th or 13th Feb).

I believe France classify him as fully vaccinated 7 days after his second dose. So I would hope he could ski from Sunday 13th (or worst case 14th). I think Austria require 2 weeks from second dose but I can’t find anything definitive about Italy.

I want to avoid daily testing. I also need to quickly rule out any countries that won’t recognise my son as being fully vaccinated this weekend.

Should I be ok for France or am I missing something? If not France, any other suggestions?
ski holidays
Larry wrote:
Hi all, I’m hoping someone can help me with some of the specifics around vaccines for teenagers.

My son (aged 14) had his 2nd jab yesterday (6th Feb). Both his first and second doses are showing in his NHS app. So far so good. I am fully vaccinated and boosted.

Thinking of taking him on a last minute ski trip to go this weekend (12th or 13th Feb).

I believe France classify him as fully vaccinated 7 days after his second dose. So I would hope he could ski from Sunday 13th (or worst case 14th). I think Austria require 2 weeks from second dose but I can’t find anything definitive about Italy.

I want to avoid daily testing. I also need to quickly rule out any countries that won’t recognise my son as being fully vaccinated this weekend.

Should I be ok for France or am I missing something? If not France, any other suggestions?

Yes 7 days, health pass details here https://uk.ambafrance.org/Vaccine-pass-in-France

Download the TAC verify app, and check it. You may find it's not strict and is what all places use to check it. Don't forget to switch to health pass not vaccine pass.
snow report
As an aside if I was not commited yet I’d been looking to Austria given the recent snow vs France /Italy.
snow conditions
@Larry, For Italy there is some confusion. Airlines say must be 14 days after last vaccine, but from what I can tell Super Green pass is valid immediately after the second dose. I tested this, used VerificaC19 app (official status checking app for Italy) on my son's QR code the day after his second dose and it gave the green tick.

Italy is definitely an option for you. Even though the airline advice is wrong, your son can travel there without restrictions so long as parents are fully vaccinated with last dose less than 6 months ago. And once in Italy his HNS QR code for his second dose will work as Super Green Pass to access ski lifts. restaurants etc.

You can test this yourself. Get the VerificaC19 app. Select "VERIFICA RAFFORZATA" at the bottom. Scan the QR code for your son's second dose. If you get a green tick you are good to go!
snow conditions
@dklemm - thank you for this

@zikomo - thank you that’s really helpful.

I can test out both French/Italian apps.

Regarding Austria, whilst the current snow conditions may be better, the key for me is vaccination status.
snow report
I have a 14 who has 1 jab and has had covid have downloaded the NHS app and scanned passport awaiting next step…

But for 12 year old the app says he needs to be 13 to use it!

Appears to be a gap between France requiring 12 year olds to be double jabbed or recovered and UK NHS only allowing use of the app at 13.

Anyone else have the same issue?

(Glad I found this group!)
snow report
For 12 year olds you need to get access via a web browser

https://covid-status.service.nhsx.nhs.uk
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Butch_Norton, As @Vessigaud, said the app is only for 13+ dues to restrictions in Google Play and Apple App.

You can download a certificate for your 12 year old here:

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

Assuming you are in England! Different website for us Scots.
ski holidays
Brilliant. Thank you will try that.
latest report
Applied for the Covid Pass letter for my 14yo daughter on Friday and it arrived today.

Also did the app set up yesterday and same as above "scanned passport awaiting next step…"
ski holidays
@Layne, The Scottish app is a PITA to get kids signed up for - the validation step failed more than 10 times for one of them before finally going through so be patient!
ski holidays
Now got my 14 year old’s app working and can see Covid record and have scanned doc for my son’s online nhs account…

…but both have first jab but had Covid in Jan so can’t have second jab.

Do I need to apply for a recovery letter as there doesn’t seem to be a barcode for recovered status on app?!
latest report
Butch_Norton wrote:
Now got my 14 year old’s app working and can see Covid record and have scanned doc for my son’s online nhs account…

…but both have first jab but had Covid in Jan so can’t have second jab.

Do I need to apply for a recovery letter as there doesn’t seem to be a barcode for recovered status on app?!

My kids were in the same boat - 1 jab and then Covid at Xmas - in the app we see 2 qr codes one for his jab and then one for his PCR test / recovery which you can see by swiping the qr codes. Admittedly only done the app version so not sure the website is the same but assume it would be as its trying to achieve the same thing
ski holidays
Butch_Norton wrote:

Hmm, it should be there (assuming that they had a positive PCR test) - others of us have found a recovery barcode. If they only had a lateral flow test that you reported to the NHS, I'm not sure if that counts from a QR-code perspective, but I don't know.

There is no "recovery letter" - part of the problem with the previous paper-based Covid pass approach for teenagers was that it was strictly for double-vaccinated kids only, and it looks to be the same still: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/

So I guess you would have to try to persuade someone (your GP?) to help with properly recording the +ve PCR test on the NHS system so that it shows up in the NHS account, thereby allowing the QR code that should be there to appear. Failing that (and if you're going to France), there is the hit-and-miss old approach of trying to persuade a French pharmacy to issue a barcode based on 1 jab + recovery. Our tour operator organised that for someone from the pharmacy in Avoriaz a few days ago, so there are still some places willing to provide this service.
snow conditions
@Butch_Norton, I don't know your location so don't know what app you are using.

But you should be able to download proof of recovery from the website either way, and it should have a QR code. Assuming of course an NHS PCR test at the time. It seems that private ones (e.g. Day 2 tests on return) do not show.
ski holidays
Just to be clear....as I have double jabbed and one single jabbed child....if the single jabbed tests positive should I get a PCR positive reported (eg not report the lateral flow). I'm starting to wonder if you can't get a QR code by logging a positive lateral flow only??? Unless anyone has achieved this? Sounds like another thing that could trip people up?
latest report
We only did lateral flows for positive tests and negative didn’t bother with the PCR so I guess it doesn’t count
snow conditions
@Butch_Norton, I suspect you are right. How did you report the results of the lateral flow positive tests?
ski holidays
@kettonskimum, @Butch_Norton, the NHS information about Covid passes seems to suggest it is a PCR test only that counts. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/ says:
Quote:
When you can get a digital NHS COVID Pass for travel abroad
To get a digital NHS COVID Pass for travel you need one of the following.

- To be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine used in the UK
The NHS COVID Pass is usually available within 24 hours of having your vaccination, but it can take up to 5 days for your records to be updated.

- A positive NHS PCR test within the past 6 months (not available in the Isle of Man). The NHS COVID Pass is available after you've finished self-isolating and up to 180 days after taking the test. This applies to NHS tests sent by post, or done at walk-in sites, drive-through sites or hospitals.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy