Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Taking teenagers skiing this winter?

Poster: A snowHead
Daughter 13yrs old. Downloaded the app last week, had to take a photo of her passport and scan of her face, and all loaded fine. Was trying this morning for the pass but still said had to be over 16. Just tried again now and finally working!! managed to get her first dose and recovered qr codes. Keep getting errors when trying to print/download or email so have just saved it to her phone via google pay and saved it to her home screen.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yay my paper one arrived today. Requested on Friday 28th. Date on letter 31 Jan, expiry 2nd Mar. Thats half term covered. I will be scanning and printing multiple copies to be on save side!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NickyJ wrote:
Yay my paper one arrived today. Requested on Friday 28th. Date on letter 31 Jan, expiry 2nd Mar. Thats half term covered. I will be scanning and printing multiple copies to be on save side!

Scan it into a Tous Anti Covid App for your child and then have it digitally too....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NickyJ, You should also be able to get the NHS covid status app if you kid is over 13.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am so confused...again. Having booked and cancelled so many holidays I am loathe to book another while there are so many conflicting rules, but the lure is strong (especially while sat here on a cold dreary day!).

I have a 12 year old who is single vaccinated but then tested positive a few days before he was due his second jab. According to UK rules, we have not done a PCR test to back up the LFT. Will this mean we now have difficulty getting whatever evidence of recovery is required for travel? Any help much appreciated!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skibeskibe wrote:
I am so confused...again. Having booked and cancelled so many holidays I am loathe to book another while there are so many conflicting rules, but the lure is strong (especially while sat here on a cold dreary day!).

I have a 12 year old who is single vaccinated but then tested positive a few days before he was due his second jab. According to UK rules, we have not done a PCR test to back up the LFT. Will this mean we now have difficulty getting whatever evidence of recovery is required for travel? Any help much appreciated!

Hmm, did you report the positive LFT result on the NHS website? If you did not, I think difficulty would be an understatement. If you did, I don't know whether the new NHS electronic facility only provides proof of positive PCR results (which it definitely does) or of positive LFT results too. The way to find out would be to register your child for an NHS log-in and see!

P.S. Proof of a positive result is not required 'for travel' (in the sense of travel to France). A child accompanying a fully-boosted parent is allowed in regardless of vaccination status. What it is useful for is the pass sanitaire once you're there, since then the child need not do daily LFT tests in a French pharmacy - but those tests are always an option if you are prepared to put up with the hassle and queues.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skibeskibe, i think Norway, Switzerland and Andorra are OK with 12yr old not fully vaccinated, as long as parents are.

Also France and Austria are possible but with daily LFT in pharmacy (France) or 48 hourly PCR (Austria)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@NickyJ, good point - my thinking is too France-centric since those are the rules that have been troubling me!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
For those in Wales with teens,

I successfully setup my childs (12yr) login. Needed NHS number, passport and webcam to validate. Took about 1hr to validate.

After validation I was able to access there recent recoved QR code. Very Happy

FWIW in Wales we cannot use the app or linked accounts, so you must setup an NHS login for them and access the certificate via the website.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does anyone know which app to use on Android or ios to verify super green pass?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
VerificaC19 is the official app used in Italy to check Super Green Pass. Please not it is for checking the validity of the super green pass, not to store or show it. It is only in Italian but you should be able to work it out. I used it to check out kids qr codes. You have to select the second option which is for vaccinated or recovered. The first one is for basic green pass (no good for restaurants, lifts etc) abs the third is for care homes etc. Let me know if you need any help using it
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We now have the QR code for my 14 year old Very Happy

We set him up on the NHS website last week, did the verification of a video reading numbers and passport and had confirmation that had been successful a few hours later. Today when he got home from school logged into the app and the QR code was available. Q lots of relief and saving us the hassle of testing in resort.

We've also not had to do anything via the Dr's to get any sort of access.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
zikomo wrote:
VerificaC19 is the official app used in Italy to check Super Green Pass. Please not it is for checking the validity of the super green pass, not to store or show it. It is only in Italian but you should be able to work it out. I used it to check out kids qr codes. You have to select the second option which is for vaccinated or recovered. The first one is for basic green pass (no good for restaurants, lifts etc) abs the third is for care homes etc. Let me know if you need any help using it

Thanks. Got it and all validated. "rafforzata" = super/enhanced is think
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@dklemm, yes it is. You are good to go!

NB lots of nonsense about it having to be 14 days since the vaccination cycle was completed. Utter tosh, that was a regulation for first doses where you could get the pass valid from 14 days until the scheduled second dose. I tested the QR code for one of my kids the day after his second dose and got the green tick.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
QR letter arrived for youngest today and nhs app installed and verified. Getting there. Just staying well and passing the 24hr lft is the last hurdle.
ski holidays
Thank you very much NickyJ and Yak. I guess I will see if we can get the app to work. We did report the result from the LFT so fingers crossed.
ski holidays
My 15 year old now has two QR codes showing on her app and in her iPhone wallet. Hurrah! I’m so impressed it’s worked.
Just got to make it through the next two weeks without her catching COVID at school rolling eyes
ski holidays
Sorry to add yet another QR code question but...
My 13/15 year olds have both -
Had Covid in Oct 21
1st and only jab in Dec 21
We've set up the NHS app for them both and we can see the QR codes, when we upload to the French AntiCovid app the codes are visible but we don't get the confirmation that I do when I upload my 3 jab info.

I assume that's because they don't meet French requirements set up within the app.

So that leaves me with 3 questions -
Is 1 jab, had Covid and using the NHS to display the QR's app good enough to ski in France?
Or
Do we need to get Pass Sanitaire's via a pharmacy in France (using the QR's as proof)?
Or
Is 1 jab/had Covid not good enough to ski in France?

We can't get them 2nd jabbed until we get back.

Thanks
snow report
So I’m still confused. Apologies if I’m being really dim…head is fried by all these rules. My 15 year old now has the nhs app and QR codes for his first vaccine and proof of positive Covid test from November. How does he now use these to get the French health pass? He’s scanned both codes into the tac app. Will restaurants/lifts scan both of these codes and accept that? Or do I still need to go to a pharmacie and get an equivalency certificate? Does anyone know?
snow conditions
Sorry jimsue20040
Just read your post and we’re obviously both having exactly the same issue. So frustrating. Our teenagers do seem to qualify for the health pass but I just can’t see how we prove that? Maybe we’re over complicating and the two nhs codes would be enough….but it’s pretty high risk!
Hopefully someone will be along soon with some info Eh oh!
ski holidays
Rw74 wrote:
So I’m still confused. Apologies if I’m being really dim…head is fried by all these rules. My 15 year old now has the nhs app and QR codes for his first vaccine and proof of positive Covid test from November. How does he now use these to get the French health pass? He’s scanned both codes into the tac app. Will restaurants/lifts scan both of these codes and accept that? Or do I still need to go to a pharmacie and get an equivalency certificate? Does anyone know?

That’s all you need to do, scanning the nhs qr into TAC is what’s needed! no need to get equivalence cert. This is what they will scan..

Remember teens get the sanitaire if not fully jabbed, over 18s have to have booster etc for vaccinale..
snow report
And then at restaurants etc would he show both of the qr codes that are in TAC? Will they accept that? Thanks so much for your help…very much appreciated!
snow report
Rw74 wrote:
And then at restaurants etc would he show both of the qr codes that are in TAC? Will they accept that? Thanks so much for your help…very much appreciated!

You only need the most recent (the recovery trumps the vaccine), I'm surprised the 1st jab works as you need 2. Maybe there is some flexibility.

Each vaccine is tagged with 1st, 2nd and booster and you can't get the latter without having the former so they only need to validate the latest to know your up-to-date for the rules.
snow conditions
Rw74 wrote:

I think (don’t quote me though) both QR are the same, it’s the recovery that gives them the access and should be valid for 6 months (without daily testing!) as my sons is.

Show the TaC (or NHS one I believe also) for lifts, restaurants, other places they’re required.. I’m going to print off and stick in a lanyard..phones/batteries and cold don’t work well

I’m just so relieved.. have been worrying about this, daily testing etc since they said we could go!
ski holidays
jimsue20040 wrote:
Sorry to add yet another QR code question but...
My 13/15 year olds have both -
Had Covid in Oct 21
1st and only jab in Dec 21
We've set up the NHS app for them both and we can see the QR codes, when we upload to the French AntiCovid app the codes are visible but we don't get the confirmation that I do when I upload my 3 jab info.

I assume that's because they don't meet French requirements set up within the app.

So that leaves me with 3 questions -
Is 1 jab, had Covid and using the NHS to display the QR's app good enough to ski in France?
Or
Do we need to get Pass Sanitaire's via a pharmacy in France (using the QR's as proof)?
Or
Is 1 jab/had Covid not good enough to ski in France?

We can't get them 2nd jabbed until we get back.

Thanks

The proof of recovery should be valid for 6 months.

I don't think the 1 jab will help, if the recovery has expired you'll need daily testing.
snow report
dklemm wrote:
Rw74 wrote:

You only need the most recent (the recovery trumps the vaccine), I'm surprised the 1st jab works as you need 2. Maybe there is some flexibility.

Each vaccine is tagged with 1st, 2nd and booster and you can't get the latter without having the former so they only need to validate the latest to know your up-to-date for the rules.

Sorry for yet more questions, by proof of recovery, do you mean a QR code showing the dates etc of a positive test?
snow conditions
jimsue20040 wrote:
dklemm wrote:
Rw74 wrote:

Sorry for yet more questions, by proof of recovery, do you mean a QR code showing the dates etc of a positive test?

Yes, this becomes proof of recovery 10 days after test. Not sure if the 6 months is from test or test + 10 days.
ski holidays
Rw74 wrote:

Easiest thing is to download the TAC Verif app and scan the qr codes you have…if valid it will give you the green tick and ‘valide’ that you need
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dklemm wrote:
Rw74 wrote:

Just to add to this, we can add the 1st jab/had covid QR's to the TAC but we don't get the successful validation that you see with 3 jabs, its this that is causing the confusion, if 1 jab/recovered is good enough then wouldn't you expect the TAC to acknowledge that?
snow report
jimsue20040 wrote:
dklemm wrote:
Rw74 wrote:

Just to add to this, we can add the 1st jab/had covid QR's to the TAC but we don't get the successful validation that you see with 3 jabs, its this that is causing the confusion, if 1 jab/recovered is good enough then wouldn't you expect the TAC to acknowledge that?

The vaccine is not valid for any pass so don't scan that. You need to scan the recovery as a health pass. If you download tac verify you need to disable vaccine pass to enable health pass.

Vaccine pass is required for 16+. Health pass for 12+.
snow report
dklemm wrote:
jimsue20040 wrote:
dklemm wrote:
Rw74 wrote:

The vaccine is not valid for any pass so don't scan that. You need to scan the recovery as a health pass. If you download tac verify you need to disable vaccine pass to enable health pass.

Vaccine pass is required for 16+. Health pass for 12+.

Now I get it!
Just scanned the u15's positive test and get the green tick confirmation in the TAC verify app.
Looks like we are going skiing at HT after all.

Thanks for all your help everyone.
ski holidays
Yes, all went very smoothly for us. You need to use the recovery QR code for the health pass Eh oh! Eh oh!
snow conditions
Thanks so much everyone…think we’re sorted!
snow report
Question about registering 12-15 year olds for NHS covid app. Others have described their teens having to repeat numbers on video. Mine were only asked to let the app scan their face. Anyone else? Worried we’re going the wrong route…
snow report
Did two kids yesterday. One asked for vid one asked for face scan.
snow conditions
Thanks so much! Fingers crossed it comes through quickly.
ski holidays
@Frapps, I think it depends where you are and therefore what app you are using. The NHS Scotland Covid Status app uses a picture of the passport and scan of the face. I found it a PITA, it took 8 attempts to get it to accept one of my teenagers.

Form what I have read here the English app uses a different verification system (reading numbers).

Why it is a good idea for each devolved administration to build its own app is beyond me, the sheer duplication of IT is mind-numbingly wasteful. I am all for devolution but where it makes sense we really should be able to do a better job of doing it once instead of 4 times! We managed that for vaccine supply thankfully, one of the things the UK Government got right. Why not covid status apps also?
ski holidays
So that’s what was worrying me: we’re in England but the kids were asked to do face scan. But I’m taking some comfort now from MHskiers experience of different process for each kid…
snow report
@Frapps, Well whatever works! The face scan in Scotland works quite quickly in that it either rejects the identity validation or lets you advance to the next step of sign-up within a couple of minutes. It was very clunky though, rejecting multiple attempts before finally accepting one. I eventually managed to get all 6 of us validated and vaccine status shows as soon as you are past the identity validation stage.
snow conditions
andmelffion wrote:
Rw74 wrote:

Easiest thing is to download the TAC Verif app and scan the qr codes you have…if valid it will give you the green tick and ‘valide’ that you need

Thanks. Just tried this and yep, qr code for most recent vaccine for me works….. and the qr code for my 12 year olds positive test works (but not the one for his vaccine, which he’s had since the positive test).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy