Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomiti superski 2021/2

Poster: A snowHead
For the Dolomites isn’t Innsbruck the closest airport (it’s where I’ve booked for next March anyway…) EasyJet and BA at least… but I guess it’s easy for me being 75mins from LHR..

Oh - BA is £2400 for 4 people Economy Plus…!

Any Ryanair options to Italian airports? Treviso?[/quote]

Heathrow is fine for me - only 30 mins away. The other two families could do the Jet2 flight from Birmingham. Every airline I’ve looked at for Innsbruck is super expensive for that peak week as much more of a ski holiday airport. Venice is much cheaper but fewer flights. I can only find Ryanair flights to Milan but that’s a 5 hour transfer so may as well drive from here.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@LadyDi, doesn’t Ryanair do Treviso?(they call it Venice I think but it’s actually more convenient for most places)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Which dates are your half term dates?
Squeezyjet do Gatwick - Innsbruck out on 19.02.23 and return on the Sunday
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe check flights to Verona as well. Drive up the A22 to Ponte Gardena and into the Val Gardena valley. From there cross over the Gardena or Sella pass into Alta Badia or Val Di Fassa if you need to (assuming heavy snow hasn't closed the passes)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Venice is the ticket, literally. Very easy 3-ish hour drive up to the Dolomites. Plus you can spend a half-day in Venice...

Milan is ultra cheap but does add a couple of hours. We've done the drive from Milan (both Linate and Malpensa) 4 times. The key is to make it to Verona (half-way point) for lunch and an espresso. Still, it's not a difficult drive at all.

Every time we've looked at Innsbruck the cost/value/time equation doesn't add up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Got some pals out in Badia right now. Conditions still very good. The piculin at Kronplatz had its last day of the season at the weekend but most other runs are still open and good Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Probably inevitable that they were going to get a big late fall. Looks like they’re had a foot of new snow to set the last week of the season up.
Still 3 weeks to go at Kronplatz however Cool
https://www.bergfex.com/kronplatz/webcams/c620/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
usually ski in France - Les Arcs 1950 - but the prices are getting silly. Is there anywhere similar to this in Italy, or somewhere that offers true ski in/out as we are taking our very young granddaughter so will not all be able to ski at same time. Thanks in advance.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Driven in tonight. Snowing (mostly light) from down the Cadore valley, well before Cortina. Needed chains from Falzarego to San Cassiano. 8 inches of fresh on the balcony. We’re between La Villa and Corvara for the week so expect a few updates.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://www.bergfex.com/groeden-wolkenstein/webcams/c15154/

Great late season conditions Cool
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mickrennie1968 wrote:
usually ski in France - Les Arcs 1950 - but the prices are getting silly. Is there anywhere similar to this in Italy, or somewhere that offers true ski in/out as we are taking our very young granddaughter so will not all be able to ski at same time. Thanks in advance.

Italy doesn't have many (any?) purpose built French style resorts. there will be some resorts with piste side hotels, just can't think of any at to moment..
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@mickrennie1968, we were in Seiser Alm/Alpe di Siusi for a couple of weeks and there were quite a few hotels right on the piste.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much

Today’s snow on the front lounger, yesterday + today on the back one. Just a cosmetic top up really. Still going to be pretty good tomorrow on the Alta Badia plateau. These are supposed to be for humans to soak up the sun at this time of year.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The clouds are clearing on a new snowy scene
https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c12258/
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I was in the snow all morning. Light snow at the hotel. On Boe at 10, all round Arabba and back to Pralongia just after 12, constant snow. Less in Alta Badia but better viz this pm. Snow in excellent condition everywhere
ski holidays
Good news for anyone driving to Alta Badia next season (or for a summer trip). The new access road from Val Pusteria to the Val Badia Road is opening on 9th April. Will improve the long waiting times which occurred on transfer day at the existing San Lorenzo junction.

https://www.altoadige.it/cronaca/pusteria-gardena-badia/ponte-e-tunnel-il-9-aprile-apre-il-nuovo-accesso-alla-val-badia-1.3172334
snow report
Incredible scenery today, taken loads of photos. Skied the south facing runs to Belvedere then cranked down Fodoma which was knackering yesterday but fantastic around 12 today. Skis suddenly went really grabby after Cherz and had to do a lot of sweaty poling on 9 to get back for ski school. Sticky snow after 3. Might even have had to surf some slush in Corvara on the way home.
ski holidays
Snow mostly held up well yesterday but I mostly picked sensible slopes. Probably a bit better still today as it was a lot more cloudy (except for lunch when the sun came out and made the scenery even better). Other than piste 12 down Sorega and the Biok funpark, the slopes are still almost all open. The clouds might actually be parting to show me some Alpenglow. I definitely see blue sky.
ski holidays
Latest vid from Igor - Starts at Kronplatz and catches a train to the next ski resort followed by a Helicopter ride !!

http://youtube.com/v/WwcrVeRcnXc
snow report
@albob, THANK YOU! I love those videos to bits. Amazing new area to see. Wonderful skiing by the kids. And as for the heli ride... Shocked All in all, I have a grin from ear to ear. Very Happy
snow conditions
@Hurtle, snowHead

Some sections were a bit long winded ; I must admit to 'fast forwarded' at occasions. Did you notice the temperatures at one point (28 degrees!)??
The video did show just how good the Dolomites are at snow making and maintaining their Pistes well into the season.....!
ski holidays
https://www.bergfex.com/alta-badia/webcams/c17661/

Last day of The season in the Badia. Still over a 1000kms of runs open today across the super Dolomiti Laughing

Kronplatz and a few other resorts will remain open another couple of weeks.
latest report
@albob, Wow that’s some day out!
Endless scenic skiing on great snow and empty runs. I love Skiing Reid with its amazing train interchange. 3 Cime looks well worth the trip and that helicopter ride back via Cortina looked amazing Cool
latest report
Igor has posted another video taken on 10th April, the last day of the season I think. They do the Marmolada and Sella Ronda, or as he calls it the Marmoronda. Madeye-Smiley
http://youtube.com/v/3nLhW8XXtmg
And what great skiers Rafael and Gabriel are, obviously having a blast! Cool
snow report
Recorded on the 10th of April - conditions looked perfect!! : Telemarkers on the Marmolada - was it you Alastair ?? Wink
snow conditions
@albob, no Laughing (I'd just got back to the UK the day before from a week in Wengen).
snow report
Recognised quite a few of those runs. Conditions look great for the time of year. May be worth considering for a late season trip sometime.

Those kids are amazing skiers.
ski holidays
Great conditions for April and quiet. interesting how the cold snowy weather in the Dollies usually coincides with the Uk.
I notice that the drag lift up from Malaga Ciapela seems to have been decommissioned?
Snowing again today
https://www.bergfex.com/arabba/webcams/c11814/
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I needed cheering up for one reason and another. That did the trick! Thank you, Igor.
snow report
La villa to the Tofana and back. A big day out and some spectacular views

http://youtube.com/v/KuIDJ8oryLE
snow report
"I notice that the drag lift up from Malaga Ciapela seems to have been decommissioned?"

Noticed that also - thought were going to re-instate it?
snow conditions
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but it's sort of ski area and weather related, prompted by watching the Giro at the weekend.....does anyone know if Passo Fedaia is generally open during the winter? I am considering a cheap property in Penia for January but already have Venice flights booked. Google maps at the moment takes you over the pass via Malga Ciapela but the alternative route (if the pass is closed) is much longer via Canazei. I know heavy snowfall could close it at any point but wondered if it was generally closed anyway. I have skied down from Marmolada several times and cannot remember seeing cars heading up there.
ski holidays
@toyah807, This post may help...

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4786212&highlight=fedaia#4786212
snow conditions
@albob, it does, thanks. Don't think I will risk it, plenty of choices Arabba, Alleghe and Alta Badia sides with less worry in that respect
ski holidays
@toyah807, if it had snowed recently I'd be tempted to go the slightly longer route via san pellegrino to Penia, it will take less time than via Arabba and that road looks better. (the pass is ca 300m lower than Passo Pordoi)

Obviously I don't know what accommodation you're looking for but FYI we've just been booking from mid Jan on that east side of the SR and found it difficult to get a decent 1 bed apartment, plenty show as available but are booked up when you contact the owner.
latest report
@richb67, thanks and your suggestion makes sense, we are january too. Mainly looking at Half Board and have reasonable options in Alleghe (v cheap), Arabba and Colfosco, all of which are probably reliably shorter journeys without losing anything for skiing so I think Penia is out after all, not knowing the weather this far in advance. Maybe I will ask on the weather thread....... I only started exploring it (along with San Cassiano) for our week when I found rooms with breakfast for around £230pppw. Although reading that back makes it sound like the decision making process has been simpler than the 500 requests I have sent actually feels like!
snow report
albob wrote:
mickrennie1968 wrote:

Italy doesn't have many (any?) purpose built French style resorts. there will be some resorts with piste side hotels, just can't think of any at to moment..

Selva has some. As does Corvara and Colfosco.
ski holidays
mickrennie1968 wrote:

Several (hotels and self catering and B and B) in Sankt Vigilio. But the length of transfer might put you off
snow report
JHS wrote:
mickrennie1968 wrote:

Several (hotels and self catering and B and B) in Sankt Vigilio. But the length of transfer might put you off

Corvara and Colfosco have a few ski in/out places, depends what you call "true ski in/out", also depends what you call silly prices e.g. Posta Zirm in Corvara town or places such as Hotel Arlara just outside are literally on the piste. There are a quite a few where you have to cross the road which might not suit.
ski holidays
@luigi, just reading what you said about latemar, we hvae a mixed group, which means we have great fun up to an easier red. the reds in Seiser Alm or col margaretta in san pellogrino vs the reds of arabba or selva. we're planning on a week of the small resorts next year, and i wanted to get a feel on the level of red in latemar. if they are at the tough end then the group won't hvae much fun, but if they are at the easier end then all will be good. any thoughts appreciated
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy