Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scotland updates and snow reports 2021-22

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I am heading up to Fort William this weekend and currently thinking of exploring either the Back Corries at Nevis Range, or a tour - possibly Craig Meagaidh or Pass of Drumochter. Would be v grateful for any insight into conditions (to supplement SAIS reports + British Backcountry).
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think there is more in the west but others can comment more accurately than me on that. The forecast for the next 5 days is looking reasonably awesome Laughing

Humidity forecast to drop to 50% at Glencoe today Cool

http://www.winterhighland.info/cams/glencoe/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Looking good at Glencoe, as Peter S has highlighted Very Happy

Seems a bit odd that they have closed the bottom portakabin cafe before the new cafe has opened though - so no food or drink available at all at base level at Glencoe Confused Why not leave the portakabin open until the new place is up and running Puzzled

And the Kingshouse Hotel situation just makes it worse...

ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The contractor’s fault not GC’s.
Sounds as though the cafe will be handed over soon though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We'd planned for the Back Corries today, but Nevis Range was closed due to wind so we ended up at Glencoe and had a fab day. Snow is holding up really well, amazing vis, have never seen that far across Rannoch Moor before!

Thanks both for the replies.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.facebook.com/111429118884878/posts/5584490441578691/

More of the same tomorrow and Monday snowHead

Glencoe is sheltered from the south east. Nevis Range And Cairngorm are more exposed from that direction.

http://www.winterhighland.info/general/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:
Snow is holding up really well, amazing vis, have never seen that far across Rannoch Moor before!
Never mind seen that far across Rannoch Moor before, there will be a number of Glencoe skiers who have never seen Rannoch Moor before Laughing
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Eh oh!
Glenshee now closed for the season.
Still looking good at the Coe, will be there Tuesday.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.

http://youtube.com/v/SKHD-hvbYyQ

Coe is indeed great at the moment - need to get up there as they will run as long as they have customers.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Coe is indeed great at the moment - need to get up there as they will run as long as they have customers
They usually operate for a lot longer yet (snow cover permitting) - skiing until May Day Bank Holiday isn't unusual.

But will they continue to insist on booking tickets in advance online Puzzled (Which does limit impulsive trips to some degree...)
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
They do normally sell on the day now. Buy on the day queue was shorter than pick up queue on Saturday. It is/was a covid thing but that's all finished right?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Possible cool down at the start of April in time for the ‘Lambing storms’ ?
In the meantime looks like lots more sunshine over the next couple of days. Don’t forget the sun cream Eh oh!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Working today but getting up tomorrow. Always love a late-ish season Coe trip !

Not sure whether to buy ahead or just hit the day queue per Andy note above.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Snow is holding up really well, amazing vis, have never seen that far across Rannoch Moor before!
Never mind seen that far across Rannoch Moor before, there will be a number of Glencoe skiers who have never seen Rannoch Moor before Laughing

Touche! And re booking tickets, we were able to buy as walk-ups on Saturday. Will definitely be back later this week.

Yesterday an amazing day on Ben Nevis, below freezing and still clear vis, with climbers out in force, great snow in the gullies, variable elsewhere. We did Number Two Gully which was our first independent (i.e. non-guided) winter climb on the Ben, and loved it. Weather looks beautiful until Wednesday although it's starting to get very warm again!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
scottishandy wrote:
They do normally sell on the day now. Buy on the day queue was shorter than pick up queue on Saturday. It is/was a covid thing but that's all finished right?

It depends on numbers, during the week in spring outside holidays when it’s fully open or near enough then it’s very unlikely there won’t be tickets on sale on site. Weekends could be a different story.

The online collection queue can be several times longer than the purchase on day queue and still move quicker, because it removes the time to ask for the tickets, do the transaction etc.

It’s also been notable that with many people purchasing tickets in advance there isn’t the ridiculous all arrive at once stampede, you can be confident if you’ve got a ticket you’ll get into the carpark and obviously you don’t need to worry about tickets still being available! That all helps make it a less stressful start to the day for customers and ski centre alike.

Glencoe intends to go till at least Monday 2nd May, obviously weather dependent.

One thing is if we get a sustained run of settled weather the demand is well spread out over 7 days a week instead of maybe focussed into 4 days by the weather!
ski holidays
So has there been any skiing this year(maybe one day?) and I assume that's it for this "winter"?

It's so warm for winter/early spring..
ski holidays
@Ram80, wtf are you on about?
latest report
@kitenski, Just another daftie troll...........in fact probably the same one.

Hopefully he isnt at Glencoe tomorrow when I am enjoying spring snow in the sunshine Very Happy
snow report
Ram80 wrote:
So has there been any skiing this year(maybe one day?) and I assume that's it for this "winter"?

It's so warm for winter/early spring..

https://www.facebook.com/GlencoeMountain/photos/pcb.5589315501096185/5589312207763181/

What’s that white stuff? rolling eyes
snow report
Quote:

What’s that white stuff?

Porridge?
snow conditions
Lovely day at Glencoe, a wee bit hazy as little wind but still managed to burn my face, obvs........

Beautiful spring snow first thing, got a little chopped up mid afternoon which meant the unpisted areas were more fun (avoiding rocks of course). When on piste it was a good leg workout !!

Supposed to be nice all week so get yourselves up. Wasnt particularly busy.

latest report
@GreenDay, looks brilliant. Got to be a good day when the worst part is that it was a bit hazy Very Happy
ski holidays
@denfinella, It was fantastic.

Crap video incoming...............

https://imgur.com/eqRZlVX
ski holidays
Two snowboarders went off the top at Ben Lui on Sunday. Holy crap!

ski holidays

latest report
RosieL wrote:
Two snowboarders went off the top at Ben Lui on Sunday. Holy crap!

At a rough guess I'd say that was Richard Gear and Connor 'Danger' Carey, who document some of their stuff under the GlenClosed series on YouTube
ski holidays
Any updates on the new cafe and new chairlift at Glencoe Puzzled

Not holding my breath on the chair rolling eyes but see that the cafe is due to host a Warren Miller film next week...
snow report
mountainaddict wrote:
Any updates on the new cafe and new chairlift at Glencoe Puzzled

Not holding my breath on the chair rolling eyes but see that the cafe is due to host a Warren Miller film next week...

Chair deffo next season.

Cafe was being stocked (inc with beer) as I left yesterday and an employee said "not long now" in answer to someone else asking the same question as I passed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cheers GreenDay.
ski holidays
Was there mon and tues fantastic time had. Staff said base cafe open on friday in time for mightycoe event.
snow report
@bronc666,
Great news, arriving Saturday morning have tickets for the weekend.
ski holidays
Who’s at the Mighty Coe festival today? Great snow, great sun, great fun, good music on the hill. Should be a good party tonight for the vanners now the cafe has opened. Plenty of ski crazy folk up here today snowHead Laughing

Shout out for ‘Fauna’ skis, Cool
ski holidays
https://www.facebook.com/stories/1882553861785165/UzpfSVNDOjUxMTAyMjkwMDQxMDYyNg==/?view_single=1&source=shared_permalink
latest report
Peter S wrote:
Who’s at the Mighty Coe festival today? Great snow, great sun, great fun, good music on the hill. Should be a good party tonight for the vanners now the cafe has opened. Plenty of ski crazy folk up here today snowHead Laughing

Shout out for ‘Fauna’ skis, Cool

I’m there today with the kids.
snow report
@Joy Zipper,
Hope you and the kids had a good time.
I thought it was fantastic today Cool currently in the real food cafe Tyndrum having some tea before the journey home snowHead
latest report
Really glad the Mighty Coe went well. Certainly had the conditions for it! We ended up at Nevis Range today, frontside of the mountain a bit limited but the Back Corries in fantastic shape with limited cornices and lovely soft spring snow.

Yesterday was a non-ski day on the CMD Arete. Snow cover very limited, but mostly soft enough to walk in without crampons where it existed.
snow report
Peter S wrote:
@Joy Zipper,
Hope you and the kids had a good time.
I thought it was fantastic today Cool currently in the real food cafe Tyndrum having some tea before the journey home snowHead

We did thanks, you’re right it was a fantastic day. Took the boys (10 & 12) down the Flypaper for the first time too.
ski holidays
@schauspiele, was BraveHeart running?
latest report
kitenski wrote:
@schauspiele, was BraveHeart running?

Laughing
snow conditions
@haggishunter, it’s their biggest asset and they don’t use or advertise it at all! Lift served free ride bowl would be appealing to plenty of people I’d think. I’ve no idea why they don’t push or & use it!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy