Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knee contusion strapping

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@Bigtipper, @holidayloverxx, if there is no pain and no significant impaired movement then you do not seek advise. This is self diagnosis and treatment.

Honestly I would respectfully disagree. Seemingly minor niggles can niggle on for months and restrict your ability to run or do many sports. The reason they are not better in a few weeks might be because you are going completely the wrong way about self treating it, or even making it worse! For example, for many running related niggles, rest is the worst thing you can do! But for others rest is critical.

Have low threshold to seeking professional help, it's likely your physio has seen this problems more than once before
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Some significant improvement after the last week of resting my knee. The biggest improvement came when I gave my knee a light finger massage and seemed to release some of the issue.

I went for a run two days ago, and had no problems (except some groin tendons getting tight because I had not run for a week)

This morning there is no tension in my knee at all. It feels good again.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
One month on again, no problems stretching my quads now. (can stretch them fully with no problems or tension)

I have been running regularly (3x per week, or 13x in October, and 6x in November so far) however I am still getting a little swelling on the day after a run at the point of the contusion. It is not painful, or hot, just does not look the same as the other knee.

I have decided to reduce the running distance and see if that helps. Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bigtipper wrote:
Quote from Web MD..

"Evidence Lacking

There has not been conclusive scientific or medical evidence to confirm the effectiveness of the tape. A review of evidence from 10 research papers for Kinesio tape to treat and prevent sports injuries was published in the journal Sports Medicine in February.

No clinically important results were found to support the tape's use for pain relief.
There were inconsistent range-of-motion results.
Seven outcomes relating to strength were beneficial.
The tape had some substantial effects on muscle activity, but it was not clear whether these changes were beneficial or harmful.
The study concluded there was little quality evidence to support the use of Kinesio tape over other types of elastic taping to manage or prevent sports injuries.

Some experts have suggested there may be a placebo effect in using the tape, with athletes believing it will be helpful."

I can't see any benefit of private physio appointment for something which needs a little bit of time to heal on its own.

Not sure I can help you much then
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Jonathan Bell, not currently however someday maybe.....
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
14 runs in November, 12 in December so far. I've continued with reduced distance for the time being, and I am no longer noticing much about the knee I fell on. (the left one) The right knee sometimes twinges at the start of a run, but no pain in either knees.

Should be good for skiing if there is any snow which lasts in Scotland. Keeps raining at the moment, gets cold, snows and then gets warm and rains.

Maybe by March all of this coronavirus nonsense will end?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
13 runs in December, 15 in January 22, 3 in February so far. Knees are working fine. Takes a little time to heal (6 months for full recovery), but all good now.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
February this year was 13 runs, March 15, April 14 and May 15. June so far I have had 8 runs.

The left knee sometimes gets a little stiff, but a rub and it loosens up.

I used to use an ultrasound massager on my knees, but stopped when I ran out of water based lubricant. (I did not need the massager for anything anymore) It used to warm up my knees, and remove any stiffness. Similar to a rub, or use of some heat based cream stuff you smell in rugby changing rooms.

I changed my trainers to new ones, as the old ones had done over 500 miles and the heels were worn (the cushioning is much better on the new pair)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have averaged 14.3 runs a month since last May. Knees are not creating any issues.

Just started a new pair of trainers, as the last pair went over 500 miles. Took about 6 pairs of trainers to the trainer recycling depot.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy