Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2021/2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@chopkins13, yes good idea for a ‘one shot’ extended run. Eggs run until 11-30. Depending on how much you want to do you could hop onto the navette to 1800 from Bellecote, as there is a small no pass button lift there you could circle on.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hello, could I ask a couple of questions please? Does anyone know if you can go up funiplagne hrande rochette as a pedestrian and then come back down in it? My friend wants to see the view but isn't experienced enough to ski down from there. We do have ski passes.

Also in terms of blue runs, is the steep part at the beginning of Mira the most difficult or are there any tough blues to rival it? I did not enjoy the first part of Mira this afternoon I have to say.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@tanyastories, yes pedestrian access up Grande Rochette is fine.

As for intimidating blues, Mira is probably up there as the worst thanks to combination of height, initial steep pitch and generally very busy indeed. The blue down from Verdons into Plagne Centre can be intimidating but not as much as Mira. Other than that the only other one I’ve had a wobble on was the blue down to Plagne Centre from the top of Becoin - not particularly steep, just quite exposed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks chopkins13, that's really helpful. We did so much skiing this morning we've had to have a rest this afternoon but may go up funiplagne tomorrow.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Did anyone encounter the sticky red snow yesterday (Tuesday). Very strange indeed it was like having somebody tugging backwards on the back of your skis suddenly at various moments, also a rather eerie red tinge to the snow.
Apparently some tornado over the Sahara caused it to become airborne, and the light full of snow we had on Monday night dropped it on LaPlagne amongst other places
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
https://www.connexionfrance.com/article/French-news/France-s-Saharan-sand-sky-Until-when-will-the-phenomenon-last

And now over UK: https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/mar/16/saharan-dust-shifting-across-europe-hit-britain
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Off to La Plagne for the first family ski holiday that, in theory, we can all actually ski. What is the snow looking like? I am v.keen for the girls to get bitten by the ski bug to ensure years of family ski holidays ahead……..
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
galpinos wrote:
Off to La Plagne for the first family ski holiday that, in theory, we can all actually ski. What is the snow looking like? I am v.keen for the girls to get bitten by the ski bug to ensure years of family ski holidays ahead……..

For this time of year the snow is looking very good.

There is plenty, for sure there are some bare patches in the afternoon but nothing of concern.

The best news is that it is snowing right now and has been for 24 hours. The forecast suggest more snow for the next 4 or 5 days as well!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
New snow in La Plagne
 6.0cm2.4in
Thu 31st (PM)
La Plagne Weather (Next 3 days): The snow forecast for La Plagne is: A heavy fall of snow, heaviest during Fri night. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -3°C on Thu afternoon, min -12°C on Fri night). Wind will be generally light.
La Plagne Weather (Days 4-6): A dusting of new snow. Temperatures will be below freezing (max -2°C on Wed morning, min -9°C on Sun night). Wind will be generally light.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Looks like an decent dump tonight and some more tomorrow/Saturday. Excited…..
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The lifts turned untill this past saturday, the 30th of april 2022. On the snowfront in Plagne Centre, the last class in the esf ski school kids garden ended friday 29th april at lunch. Not much white was left of the garden by the end of that day. Higher up, conditions still seemed very decent and almost nobody out on the slopes. Flèches and chamois ski tests in Belle Plagne and in Plagne Centre still in the second part of that last week. Some shops and restaurants already started closing before or during the last week of the season. We spent some time on the terrace, all green, of Le Plante du Bâton in Plagne Centre, saturday afternoon, which closed pretty much just after we left. We also enjoyed a final Dou du Praz hike with the dogs. A little rain/snow fell that saturday evening after lifts closure. Sunday morning the first of may things were really calm and the layer of new white even accentuated that. Almost no one around. We hiked up to Aime 2000 and the only people out were the last sunday to sunday Club Med guests. We spent our sunday afternoon around Macot, visiting friends, where it felt like summer. Monday 2nd May in Plagne Centre came with the hustle and bustle of the start of summer renovation projects. Pisteurs and remontées mécaniques personnel also at work for their end of season. We left La Plagne and winter 2021-2022 monday evening the 2nd of May. Already looking forward to next season, which should start mid october in Tignes for us. Have a wonderful summer fellow La Plagne snowheads.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy