Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2021/2022

Poster: A snowHead
@eblunt, yep on the Edenski website
SKI A LA CARTE €15 instead of €29 thanks to the code WELCOME before December 1st,2021.
Go to www.skialacarte.fr
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The flash sale on season passes has started today, offer available up until 15th November.

20% off a season pass, 25% off an annual pass or 10% off weekly passes.

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/earlybooking-saison
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
News on new lifts for the Glacier
https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/projet-domaine?fbclid=IwAR0_P-0tE6mPh7SedVTpPq_MWI-1vU8u5V8ipXo-gaC_SxKqRu7TS2XL2gk
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
THE GLACIERS TELECABIN - OPENING DECEMBER 2023

The Glaciers telecabin is the first stage of an ambitious development project between Plagne Bellecôte and the Glacier to be completed by 2025. Our intention : to improve access to the skiing at an altitude of 3000 metres !

• FIRST STAGE : building the 10-seater Glaciers telecabin.
Starting from Roche de Mio, the new telecabin will follow a different line from its predecessor. It will go via the Col de la Chiaupe (middle station) and carry on climbing all the way up to an altitude of 3000 metres offering a panoramic view over the Vanoise glaciers. The project will be completed by improvements and facilities which will blend into the surroundings and enable visitors to enjoy an experience at an altitude of 3000 metres in both winter and summer.
Work began this summer, 2021, and will continue in summer 2022 with a view to opening in December 2023.

See pictures of the project :

New line of the Glaciers Telecabin

Gare départ télécabines des Glaciers à Roche de Mio
Bottom station at Roche de Mio (2700 m)

Gare départ télécabines des Glaciers à Roche de Mio
Middle station col de la Chiaupe (2600m)

Top station (3000m)

• SECOND STAGE : Plans for a new telecabin for Roche de Mio are currently being examined with a view to opening in December 2024 (winter 2024/2025)

THE LOVATIÈRE CHAIRLIFT - TO BE DISCOVERED FROM DECEMBRE 2021

Expérience luge à la Plagne

The ski area is investing to improve its skiing products.

All skiers starting in Plagne Centre, coming down from Plagne Aime 2000 or arriving from Plagne Montalbert will appreciate direct, comfortable and rapid transport from the snow front all the way to the top of the Verdons on this new 6-seater declutchable chairlift.

This new facility will bring plenty of benefits :

• an additional departure point from Plagne Centre, offering an alternative to the Becoin chairlift,, Funiplagne, Grande Rochette and the Bergerie chairlift,

• a quick and easy link to the Champagny-en-Vanoise sector on the southern slopes, which provides access to Roche de Mio,

• a great ski sector : the Verdons sector can be reached quickly and easily. It has excellent blue (Verdons, Pollux, Marie-Chantal), red (Banzaï) and black (Frisbee) pistes. All you need to enjoy yourself whatever your ability and to be repeated over and over again.

Look ahead and watch the video of the project
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sad news - It was always nice to see Dani and Craig on the slopes
From Facebook https://www.facebook.com/LimeSnowsports/posts/1989111714587416
Quote:
Lime Snowsports
Important information re Winter 21/22
Following a change in personal circumstances Craig and I have decided that we will not be offering ski lessons in La Plagne this winter.
This has been a very hard desision to make and we understand a lot of people will be disappointed.
We do hope to operate again in the future.
We hope you all have an amazing winter skiing
Please do check out all the other ski school in La Plagne
Dani and Craig
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
skichampcouk wrote:
The flash sale on season passes has started today, offer available up until 15th November.

20% off a season pass, 25% off an annual pass or 10% off weekly passes.

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/earlybooking-saison

Not sure if I'm missing it, but can't see the 10% off weekly passes (can see the 20% off a season pass)??
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Handy Turnip, If you view the main menu, then flash sale it gives you the 3 options.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@skichampcouk, perfect.. got it! Thank you!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am contemplating a week in Belle Plagne using one of Montagnettes residences.
I know the company from our bashes in Tignes and Val Tho, clean and spacious rooms in decent piste locations.
They have 2 in Belle Plagne which appear to be geographically close, any tips/reviews which one is the better choice?
Le Chalet des Cimes or Le Chalet du Vallon?
TIA
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
La Plagne branded buffs that also meet face mask standards for Gondolas and lift queues

https://boutique.la-plagne.com/en/en-attente-de-nom/souvenirs-de-la-plagne/tour-de-cou-covid-la-plagne
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
drporat, choose Chalet des Cimes. It sits right on a piste running through Belle Plagne on the way down from Arpette.
Your car goes into a section of the underground car park right underneath.
Chalet du Vallon is not so well positioned.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boredsurfin wrote:
La Plagne branded buffs that also meet face mask standards for Gondolas and lift queues

https://boutique.la-plagne.com/en/en-attente-de-nom/souvenirs-de-la-plagne/tour-de-cou-covid-la-plagne

Thanks for sharing, I'm quite tempted by these. No chance of running into any issues if you have a la plagne branded covid-safe stamped buff surely?! Plus it's actually a reasonably nice buff so if come Jan we don't need them, then I'd still happily wear it.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Handy Turnip, Mine arrived in the post yesterday - they are good quality as well. The 'certification' is clear to see, so no arguments about suitability.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@boredsurfin, thought I'd go for it. Doesn't seem to give me an option to deliver it and then it gets confused when I don't want to collect in store - went round in circles about 5 times then gave up!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Handy Turnip, ah, I have an account and logged in through that. I usually use it for passes etc.
You can set up one here https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/en/register/new
snow report
Handy Turnip, i found that trying to set up an account from the boutique.la plagne.com link got me into the same mess you met.
But if you go to skipass-laplagne.com (as suggested by boredsurfin) and scroll down past the lift pass options you will eventually find a buff picture: click on that and all will be well.

Meantime MeteoFrance has some interesting possibilities for next week: a significant drop in temperature and 7 days of snow! snowHead
snow conditions
@Jonpim, @boredsurfin, cheers all, that worked a treat!
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:

Has La Plagne made it clear what the requirements are? Tignes seems to be saying face coverings required on all lifts, but I couldn't see any information about what types were acceptable. We're booked to come to La Plagne in January, so starting to think about what we'll need.
snow report
sugarmoma666, regulations are likely to change.
I would wait and watch.
Have sent for the La Plagne buff, and have a variety of other masks/buffs with and without filters.
Have also got touring skis purchased for last season but never got to use.
ski holidays
sugarmoma666 wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

Has La Plagne made it clear what the requirements are? Tignes seems to be saying face coverings required on all lifts, but I couldn't see any information about what types were acceptable. We're booked to come to La Plagne in January, so starting to think about what we'll need.

Heres the updated dated October 29th need for masks in queues is specifically mentioned...
https://en.la-plagne.com/coronavirus-information
snow conditions
Thank you boredsurfin.
Quote:
1. "a Health Pass is not required to use the ski lifts". Stated in bold type, preceded by the caveat "unless the government regulations change".
So far so good.
Then:
2. "By prefectural decision, it is compulsory for anyone aged 11 and over to wear a face mask in the following cases: When entering a group of more than 10 people on the public highway or in a place open to the public, When queuing".
So seems a good idea to get your La Plagne certified buff.

But with covid cases on the rise again in France all this could change.
snow report
@Jonpim, Yep and Boris and Macron both trying to look tough, who knows what could happen!
But hey, I've invested my Tesco vouchers in 2 Eurotunnel crossings in December and January, just need to spend the pension on vets fees to take the dog with us!
Also need two different Consultants appointments in December to be good news and then I can buy some insurance as well Laughing
Still bouncing off the kerbs over Annual Pass V. Ski a la carte, that decision to be made by the Nov 15th deadline ...
snow report
boredsurfin, we've booked outward Eurotunnel - not sure when return.
And gone for Season Pass. Then no worries if just go out for a quick run up to 2000 and back, as often done when weather is foul.
ski holidays
@Jonpim, Did you go for the La Plagne or Paradiski one?
We've just bought ours and gone for the La Plagne season pass and ski a la carte card. The La Plagne season pass gives the same benefits (cheaper trips to La Rosiere, Ste Foy etc.) as the Paradiski card and we're hoping to spend some time in the three valleys and other resorts this year as well as continuing with the cross country skiing in Champagny le Haut. We managed to find some cross country kit to buy at the end of last season (we rented kit for most of it) and only got one days use out of that.
latest report
skichampcouk, we did the math and decided on Paradiski.
Now been set free I can spend more time in the alps Very Happy
We'll also use à la carte for Val d/Tignes and 3 Valleys.
Maybe meet up with you in Courchevel some time?
latest report
Isn't it wonderful how unpredictable the weather is in the alps.
Forecast on La Plagne site for today is "sun".
MeteoFrance has "a few flakes"
But then look at the webcams: https://www.la-plagne.com/decouvrir-la-plagne/domaine-skiable/webcams/bergerie
(don't bother with the view from Plagne Centre as that is 3 days old)
ski holidays
@Jonpim, That's looking good, snow-forecast had predicted 30cms of snow this week and looks like a bit more to come in the next couple of days.
Good to hear you'll be spending more time in the Alps, have you applied for your long stay visa yet?
ski holidays

Looks promising on the Montalbert webcam this evening Eh oh!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone have any information on Covid testing facilities in resort? We are staying in Belle Plagne over Christmas and will have 4 single vaccinated teenagers in our party who will require a test every day following the French government announcement today. At present the tourist office have advised that the only testing facility for those who don't have symptoms is at the Pharmacy in Plagne Centre. I am certain that now all British teenagers will require daily tests the single pharmacy covering all villages will be quickly overwhelmed! So if anyone has any other information to set my mind at ease I would be very grateful.
ski holidays
That is the only one in the resorts, or there is one 35 mins away in Aime. Currently that is only open twice a week, which will surely have to change if testing is daily.

You can have a supervised self test as well, so when the pharmacy opens in December I will find out how that works. It may be quicker to buy a bulk of tests and just get the pharmacy to supervise especially if there are 4 of you.
snow conditions
Susang73 wrote:
That is the only one in the resorts, or there is one 35 mins away in Aime. Currently that is only open twice a week, which will surely have to change if testing is daily.

You can have a supervised self test as well, so when the pharmacy opens in December I will find out how that works. It may be quicker to buy a bulk of tests and just get the pharmacy to supervise especially if there are 4 of you.

Any updates would be hugely appreciated. Do you know if the supervised tests can be British NHS ones or would we need to bulk buy once in France? We are driving so it could be an option to stop en route to buy them but I would rather not have to drive out of resort every day for tests (and that would not be an option for many Brits in resort who will have arrive by plane/coach).
snow report
We're driving too, leaving Christmas day so getting tests on day 1 will be impossible.

Will probably take some NHS ones just in case, pharmacy opening date is 11 December so will have to wait anxiously for a few weeks.
snow conditions
NHS tests weren't accepted in the summer, we had to use the Pharmacy in Plagne Center.
snow report
Snow forecast every day for next two weeks!
https://meteofrance.com/meteo-montagne/la-plagne-2000-m/731502
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
Snow forecast every day for next two weeks!
https://meteofrance.com/meteo-montagne/la-plagne-2000-m/731502
Winter is just about to arrive...
latest report
And hopefully we will arrive there December 8th snowHead
latest report
Jonpim wrote:
And hopefully we will arrive there December 8th snowHead
We are arriving the day after Montalbert opens! So almost two weeks after you... snowHead
snow report
Does anyone know which lifts are likely to be opening on Sat 11 Dec? We were thinking of staying in les Coches.
latest report
@richey810, It's just the high altititude villages opening on the 11th December.
The lower altitude villages of Les Coches, Montchavin, Montalbert and Champagny wil not have the lifts running until the 18th December.
snow conditions
Snowcanons spraying on to the new (thin) layer of natural snow.
Looks nice in the sunshine. More snow to come.
https://www.la-plagne.com/decouvrir-la-plagne/domaine-skiable/webcams/colorado
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy