Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2021/2022

Poster: A snowHead
I thought Samedi Je Ski was online exclusive and you needed an existing ski pass card?

Pistes were great yesterday, today they got scraped quickly. Ended up on a piste to hell today, Esselet, which hadn't been pisted and wasn't much fun on a board at all. The blue cat track was like a farmer had ploughed freshly laid concrete, could barely get the board out of the ruts Sad

Perhaps it wouldn't have seemed so bad if the doctor hadn't diagnosed an Acromioclavicular Joint injury last night; but it was my mates last day.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Esselet is one of the pistes shown on the map as 'Natur' which means it is left unpisted. Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Even before it was left to “natur” it was always a bit hit and miss for ice - I once went what felt like the whole length of the piste on my back with an angry Frenchman taking an impromptu ride on top of me! Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hamlet, Ah, it was the only time I let my mate choose which way to go Laughing

At least I now know what it's like to stand up in a bobsleigh.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Can anyone recommend a boot fitter?
Been having real problems with my boots this week. Severe numbness within minutes of putting my boots on, only gets better if I sit on a ski lift, but those 20 minutes queues in Plagne centre and belle plagne are excruciating to the point of tears.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Liv7, you should visit Boudu Sport (Skiset) in Plagne 1800 and ask for Fabrice.
He will see you right. Speaks English.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jonpim wrote:
Liv7, you should visit Boudu Sport (Skiset) in Plagne 1800 and ask for Fabrice.
He will see you right. Speaks English.

+1
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Headed there this afternoon!! Hoping this solves my woes
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
What are the snow conditions like at the minute for those who are out there? Looking at the webcams daily and it seems to be wall to wall blue skies!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Now we can properly say things are very busy Smile last night it was super complicated and quasi impossible to find a parking spot in Plagne Centre, Aime 2000, Villages. When we did finally park, the telebus from Villages to Centre was closed so we had a nice walk at night. Queue for la bergerie right now is the biggest I have seen this season. Lovely sunshine Eh oh!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It started snowing yesterday afternoon, and went off and on untill 11 am this morning. Clouds remain in the sky, but no precipitation at the moment. I'd guess 5 to 10 cm has fallen at 2000 m. On my way to go train this afternoon Smile expecting bumps
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
56cm expected according to the below

https://uk.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/France/La_Plagne_snow.html
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Snow forecast showing some light snow falls, not much sun, over the next few days.

I wouldn't be looking past the next 2-3 days with much reliability.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, JulieAimeLeSki, snowed yesterday, snowing today, and maybe snowing tomorrow.
Also could be a lot of show over weekend, as Ryunis mentions.
But a lot variation on the various weather sites: could be snow, could be rain, could be lots, could be little.
And all forecasts rather different today from yesterday. Could be anything come the weekend.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The top layer of snow on the front de neige is wet. Rainy in the first part of the morning. Grey skies, nothing falling at the moment in Plagne Centre. The road is black and I will be going down to Albertville later today for Brico Dépôt and Ekosport Smile Tonight there is supposed to be the 'descente aux lampions' in Belle Plagne, where the ski school groups go down with a light from Belle Plagne to Bellecote. The 'descente aux flambeaux' where the instructors do this from Col du Forcle to Belle Plagne, which would have taken place past Monday, was cancelled this week because of the snowy weather at that moment.
latest report
Looks wonderfully quiet just now in Plagne Centre according to webcam.
Presumably the Lunchtime Effect.

Those torchlight descents can be quite magical in decent weather, when at first all you can see is the distant long line of lights zig-zagging down.
Will they be serving Vin Chaud?
snow report
Pistes do look a lot less crowded than in the beginning of the week. You have to be prepared to get wet though Smile when my boyfriend left this morning to go teach, I said: I hope you don't get too wet. He responded: I did my 'prefo' (the first two weeks of the French instructor exams) in the 'Vosges' so I'm sure I can handle this. It rains quite often there because it's lower Smile It's mostly rain that's falling at 2000m in Belle Plagne at the moment.
For the Vin Chaud, I did not discover any vin chaud last week but I skied down Thursday evening for fun as well so maybe/possibly I just missed it, otherwise no. The lampion in itself is sold for 5 euros I think Smile
ski holidays
If it's wet that will keep people off the slopes - in fact it's the only conditions that we will bail out - once we are soaked to the skin.
snow report
The sun has returned over noon. Terraces are full to enjoy a last lunch outside. It's warm and the snow is soft. It's a good day Smile
latest report
JulieAimeLeSki wrote:
The sun has returned over noon. Terraces are full to enjoy a last lunch outside. It's warm and the snow is soft. It's a good day Smile

Sounds idyllic
ski holidays
Can anyone tell me the nearest place to montalbert for COVID testing for the health pass for skiing?
According the La Plagne website the nearest is Plagne centre and Aime, but I phoned the pharmacy in aime and they said they don’t do health pass for skiing.
ski holidays
Topperski, if no one here knows, telephone the Tourist Office.
snow conditions
Gorgeous day, sunshine with a few clouds, not very cold, a little bit less busy than last week, but still a February-amount of people around. Nice beginning of this week, smiles and sunshine Smile
latest report
@JulieAimeLeSki, And over 40cm of fresh snow forecast for tomorrow.
ski holidays
And the snow arrived. Certainly a good 30cm. Most of it overnight.
Lots of lifts shut first thing today resulting in silly queues where queues don't normally happen.
Such as 1800 lift - no queue for Melezes, so presumably there was massive queue for Bergerie and people came back down to 1800 hoping to go out the other way. No such luck.

Snow looks lovely, but we don't mess with the Parisian crowds: we went snowshoing instead.
Hire shop amused when i asked for Raclette . . . rolling eyes
snow conditions
@Jonpim, The snow was lovely, especially this morning. The gondola from Champagny started going at 9.20am with quite a queue forming but we were near the front of it so no major problems.
Excellent powder on the Stade in Champagny as well as Les Bosses, in fact in most of Champagny today.
Only major queue we encountered was at Borselliers at 11 am so went for a coffee whilst the queue died down.
Finished off at Roc des Blanchettes for a late lunch at 2pm and a bit of relaxed journey home after a few genepis.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Tue 22-02-22 18:23; edited 1 time in total
snow report
@skichampcouk, is the Roc des Blanchettes still a good lunch spot? It's been a few years since I've been to the area but really enjoyed the food there. Seemed to always get a little pichet of genepi with coffee afterwards too, which was good!

Any other similar recommendations would be good, I'm there with some friends next month. Ta Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
@Klamm Franzer, Yes, it is still a good lunch spot and extremely popular at the moment, definitely worth booking a table if you want the restaurant service. It's the same price as self service and they still give a little genepi with your coffee at the end of your meal. If you go in regularly more than a little genepi although that does tend to make you duplicate your posts on snowheads.

We also tend to frequent the Inversens restauarant near Roche du Mio, Croque Neige in Plagne Centre and the 360 at the top of the Montalbert gondola. We intend to visit the Verdon Sud restaurant soon as that was excellent a couple of years back and still seems to be run by the same people and is always busy when we go past.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Verdons Sud is still wonderful. We went around Christmas this season. The setting is also super pretty. Also love roc des blanchets (especially hot chocolate with marshmallows), 360 (bbq and desserts mmm), Inversens, Matafan. Croq neige is very popular with a lot of people, but I've not yet been. Mama's kitchen is delicious Greek fastfood. Cheyenne is okidoki but no terrace. Le Bonnet is popular too for burgers. Le dou du praz is nice.
snow report
Glorious out there today !
snow conditions
Lovely day. Blue skies, sun, relatively cold. The weather bulletin indicated low temperatures of -11 Celsius. We had lunch on the terrace of Le Matafan with a lot of other lucky people. We snowboarded and enjoyed ourselves. I am at my fifth day or so of snowboarding in my life so lots to be developed in that area, but it's so fun as well. Pistes are hard packed at places, in general in good condition. Barely any queues. Which means no queues, apart from Arpette at 16.30. People have been arriving for another holiday week all day today, including Belgians.
latest report
@Klamm Franzer, when are you there? A couple of SHs and I will be there for w/c 26th March.
latest report
@Riccardo, the week before, sadly. Staying in Les Coches and skiing the 26th before heading home in the evening.
snow report
@Klamm Franzer, Shame. Have a great time.
ski holidays
We were up on the glacier (I know it’s not really glacier these days ) today - wonderful ! There’s a new pylon - looks like the works have started for the new link .
ski holidays
Does anyone know of a chalet chef who could cook for us in longefoy?
snow conditions
How's the snow doing at the moment ? is there any more due soon ?
snow conditions
My boyfriend's opinion: hard packed snow, icy in some places. I haven't skied myself in a couple days. No snow forecast in the first few days. Wonderful sunny week at the moment.
ski holidays
eblunt wrote:
How's the snow doing at the moment ? is there any more due soon ?

Nope
snow conditions
Quote:
How's the snow doing at the moment ?

Well, considering there's been no proper snow now for 10 days, and it was a long time before that for a decent snowfall, the conditions are surprisingly good.
The wonderful wall-to-wall sunshine helps - happy thoughts make the conditions seem better.
There are some hard packed/icy bits, but also a lot of good stuff.
Yesterday we did Inversens, lots of the Champagny side, runs down from Lavatier and Becoin, and found most of it lots of fun.

Its the French holidays - Paris fortnight - and the almost religious fixation on mid-day lunch is fascinating.
Come 1200 the hordes return to their apartments or pile into restaurants.
The lifts and pistes are suddenly wonderfully empty.
You just have to make sure you don't go near the ski rooms at 1200 or 1400 coz they are packed with determined parents and children eager for food or eager to return to skiing.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy