Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2021/2022

Poster: A snowHead
One of the best days
and Envers was working snowHead

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boredsurfin, agree completely.
Had everything yesterday had plus a little bit more snow and lovely sunshine.
No queues anywhere and lots of lovely snow everywhere.
Mrs JP voted today best day of season so far .
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jonpim, Same vote from Mrs BS - also requested her skis are waxed ready for the morning Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Detailed off piste line question because it's so long since I skied, I've nothing else to talk about and I'm bored:

If you ski down the boulevard from the top of Crozats chairlift direction bottom of Inversens chairlift there is a hard right with the Teppes blue run to the left. If you go straight on rather than either of those two options there is a nice mellow bit of off piste before you turn right into a lightly wooded little valley where it's a bit steeper. When you get to the bottom you join the track to Bauches chair. Anyhow, last time we did this not far off the start of the line (at the bend down to Inversen I was looking at taking a right turn early on into a wide medium gradient couloir. As you look down you can see the Crozats black run going right to left. My question has anyone skied that line, any gotcha's down there?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Layne, we love the Crozats off-piste area, but been clobbered these last 2 days.
Yesterday the "boulevard" (marmottes piste) was closed due to avalanche risk.
Today the Crozats lift was kaput
Interesting to see quite a few skiers still ski down and then stop as they noticed the lift not running - they either spent a lot of time in the restaurants or took the long boring blue down to Montachavin from Les Bauches.
Also interesting that Salla is meant to be closed due to a mechanical problem, but by 10am Salla was miraculously in action.
On the way back from a lovely lunch with friends at Le Chalet Du Plan Bois (Chez Laurette) we found the Crozats lift fixed and Salla back to inaction.

But in answer to your question: not sure of the precise location you are referring to, but we have never found any nasty hidden surprises in that area, though no doubt they exist. Just ski carefully snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
That looks an inviting restaurant and off the beaten piste, is it expensive for lunch?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Tykebike, there were 4 of us: we had coffee/hot chocolate to warm up, then bowl of hot vegetable soup and a large platter of cheeses, meats and paté, a bottle of red wine (Gamay), then more coffee and gratuit génépy. Bill was 86€.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks that's not bad for four of you.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Nice and sunny but a little chilly, keeping the pistes lovely, the off piste is still ok

hmm
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mont de la Guerre was in good condition today, it hadn't been bashed and there were plenty of moguls on the steeper bits but quite a pleasant experience. Our first run of the day and it really was an excelent warm up.
Not too busy but worth trying soon before it becomes too bumpy / icy.
The only diificult bit was towards the bottom going down into Champagny but there are easy tracks you can take to avoid the tricky bits.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just booked for the 5th of Feb! Cannot wait, 30th Birthday on the 6th on the slopes!!! One happy lady. Been a while since i've last been and looking for recommendation for 30th birthday lunch on the slopes which will be accessible for boyfriend beginner snowboarder having lessons in the mornings.
We're staying in Aime 2000 so I'm not sure which ski school Crystal will use for the lessons!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If we all manage to prove negative on the 28th we'll be boarding the plane on the 29th January bound for LP1800. We've had it booked for months and all sorts of ups and downs along the way including having to dash off for a new passport on the 6th.
In our group of eight we've got 3 pairs of new, one year old, skis, one pair of new boots and one new ski outfit - lets hope that we get to christen them! Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This may not be the appropriate thread to ask, but any recommendations for a decent boot fitter in Plagne Centre?

I'd also be grateful for any suggestions of easier blacks to get to grips with (or blacks to avoid!). We have skiied Crete Cote (near 1800/Centre) without too much difficulty last time we were in La Plagne.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tykebike, i wish you well. Change of travel restrictions now on mainstream news.
We too came out with kit bought at least a year ago. A jacket and some skis.
Expecting to get out last season but realising lifts were likely to be shut, we bought touring skis and skins.
Lockdown meant they languished in the loft.
But come New Year they came into their own as we enjoyed puffing up walking routes and picnicking in the sunshine while others wasted their time in large queues and risked life and limb on busy pistes full of idiot straightline bombers.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
milzibkit, I would recommend you pop down to 1800 and visit Boudu Sports (Ski Set) where Fabrice will see you right.
snow conditions
@milzibkit, I have used elpro in Belle Plagne who have helped me out with 2 emergencies (in February 2020 and last month). Good experience. The bootfitter with the best reputation in the area that I know of is in Bourg Saint Maurice (Ludovic Schang). Just in case this can help Smile

Gorgeous day today. Happy to be back at SL training as I have been out with bronchitis the beginning of this year. We skied on the stade de slalom de Champagny today. Lovely snow and weather conditions and nice and calm. I only did the morning, hoping to be back to full days soon. My slalom exam (French test technique) is on Wednesday the 2nd of February so it is getting close Smile
snow report
JulieAimeLeSki wrote:
The bootfitter with the best reputation in the area that I know of is in Bourg Saint Maurice (Ludovic Schang).

What is the name of the shop he works in, please?
ski holidays
@Jonpim, ski de randonnée (in the holiday weeks or whenever) is the best Smile a few weeks ago in the first week of French school holidays we had a wonderful day out with my sister and my parents, skinning up with our Australian shepherd and their puppy in the backpack from Plagne centre to col de forcle, a big part over the walking paths, skiing down to Chalet des Verdons Sud for a lovely afternoon lunch on the terrace, and skinning back up on the walking route to col de forcle to get back home Smile I had already been on touring skis a few years back but the first lockdown saw me buy the setup. At the time I was with my boyfriend in Valloire while we worked from home in our apartment and mid may they accepted skitouring again (as before it was a forbidden activity) => lovely very late season weekend days on the snow Smile
snow report
@Old Fartbag, Ludovic Schang bootfitting, Laboshop Bsm Les Jardins du Rochefort, Av. du Stade, 73700 Bourg-Saint-Maurice
snow conditions
JulieAimeLeSki wrote:
@Old Fartbag, Ludovic Schang bootfitting, Laboshop Bsm Les Jardins du Rochefort, Av. du Stade, 73700 Bourg-Saint-Maurice

Thank you.
snow report
Another Blue Sky day....

ski holidays
boredsurfin wrote:
Another Blue Sky day....
Indeed.
So we've spent the day painting and cleaning and learning you can have repeat letters in Wordle Cool
ski holidays
A little favour to ask; if anyone is travelling up on the Bergerie lift over the next few days please could you let me know how full the motorhome carpark is (halfway up). TIA.
snow conditions
BoardieK, was only half full 2 days ago.
snow report
@Jonpim, Thankyou, booking website telling me its fully booked every day for weeks ahead so your observation means it is worth driving up. Due to meet a friend who has just booked a week with Crystal on 29th so will ask again in 2 weeks Smile

Hope the pistes there are as good as here at La Feclaz.
latest report
La Plagne have sent out this e mail just now

If you have any questions about the health situation in La Plagne, (almost) all the answers are here!
https://social-sb.com/mm/3bpzolxtaz4ttu?
latest report
@boredsurfin, they make it sound so simple!

With two teenagers I can say it definitely isn't!
snow report
Jonpim wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:
Another Blue Sky day....
Indeed.
So we've spent the day painting and cleaning and learning you can have repeat letters in Wordle Cool

Did you get yesterday's Wordle? In still smarting that I failed.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Layne, Crystal Ski are hoping to publish a definitive guide regarding teenagers and France later today on their website, I get the impression they are seeking clarity from French Gov. but as its now after lunchtime on a Friday may not be until next week Laughing
snow report
sugarmoma666 wrote:
Did you get yesterday's Wordle? In still smarting that I failed
Yes, did get it, but took nearly all day.

Another beautiful sunny day. Resort wonderfully quiet. No queues. Usually get Gondola all to yourself.
Mont de la Guerre still fun: flat, then bumpy, then dodging the bare patches. And finally rewarded with yummy crepe at the bottom from the stall by the lift.

Off piste in the shade still has soft fluffy snow - a bit more taxing where the sun has visited.
latest report
@Jonpim, Friends said Mont de Guerre was a mess yesterday afternoon and didn't enjoy it at all. They didn't realise its now <Natur> and literally that, no pisteing at all.
Its been +7c down here most of the day apparently!
No new snow forecast for next 15 days - which may explain why they have so much man made snow stacked up!
ski holidays
boredsurfin, the thing about Mont de La Guerre is that it looks so easy at the start: you whizz along a road that seems to go on for ever, taking you well away from the main resort (so quite exciting), then you get to a wide easy looking piste going down to the left: hardly looks red at that point. But you only see the first 200m or so. After that the slope gets suddenly steeper and is full of moguls. Some big, some small (at least the piste is quite wide), but they seem to go on for ever. Then you get to the really tricky bit . . . Toofy Grin
latest report
@Jonpim, Indeed I have done it many a time and its different every time but the top 3 (?) miles were always pisted with rather nice powder fields either side to play in. The village bottom half was rarely pisted but there was always the winding road cris crossing the main route which was sometimes pisted so tired legs had somewhere to go Very Happy
As you know, sadly, there's no way I could manage it this season
snow report
Still gorgeous weather out there. I had a rest day, with shopping in the Leclerc in Aime, a hot chocolate in the afternoon at Dou du Praz, yoga in the sun up there and the hike back home. Refreshed for tomorrow's training. The first person of my training group passed his test technique today Smile very well deserved!
latest report
The bright blue sky is going to last for at least the next 7 days as well!

ski holidays
Keeping everything crossed we can actually get there on the 29th!
snow report
As boredsurfin says: bright blue sky is going to last for at least . . . (fill in your favourite number - maybe right up to early February), but the temperature has stayed mostly down near or below zero, and the sun is still low in the sky and therefore quite weak, so the pistes are still in good to reasonable condition.

Quite busy going over to Les Arcs today - Vanoise was full both ways: going out 09.50, coming back 15.00 (most people wore masks). But we made it to Villaroger for coffee and tart at La Ferme, and then back via Malgovert (one of our favourite Les Arcs tours). Only bum note was rope tow to Dos Rond packing up just as we got on - but then we can remember when there was no rope tow, and you had to leg it every time.
snow report
Jonpim thanks for the update. We'll be in Belle Plagne on Sat and usually head over to Les Arcs twice in the week. So good to know about the Vanoise. Malgovert is our favourite too - followed by a blast down Mont Blanc! Did you get up Aiguille Rouge - what was that queue like?
snow conditions
Hamlet, no, we didn't try the Aiguille Rouge cable car, so no idea about the queue.
We went up Lanchettes from Arcs 2000.
snow report
Another overnight cm or so (had the same last night) - easily enough to cause traffic chaos in UK.
Even made for the odd accident round here - road up was very slippy yesterday morning.
Anyway, trees all white again and temperature well down: -7C now outside.
So pistes should last a few days more yet snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy