Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne 2021/2022

Poster: A snowHead
Keen to hear how testing is working for teens in resort?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jonpim wrote:
Yes, boredsurfin, and now we can hear the booms of pisteurs having their early morning fun.
(Probably not that much fun, a responsible job, but I've long wanted a go at setting off a bang)

We were going up the old Versions Nord lift a while back and they set off the Gasex over in the bowl - quite spectacular, particularly when the resultant avalanche stopped quite quickly, so they did it again. The lift was stopped so we had a grandstand view snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin wrote:
For those with Teenagers I guess....

La Plagne Tarentaise Savoie France
8h ·
#DépistageCovid
The municipality of La Plagne Tarantaise informs you that a screening center will open its doors at the Plagne Centre's Hors-sac Hall starting Friday, December 10th for the whole winter season.
⏰ Friday: 6pm to 8pm
Saturday - Sunday - Monday: 8am to 11:30am and 12pm to 6pm.
Without appointment - 25 euros a test.
Days and hours may change.
Eh oh! ️ If you have symptoms, please bring you closer to the medical staff of the station.

do you know if this is pre-bookabel. also no opening times above for tues / wed/ thurs. I am ideally looking for pre bookable tests for January so there is some certainty rather than chancing it in a queue
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@backhojo, Nope, no more than the above press release plus this earlier one https://en.la-plagne.com/coronavirus-information?_gl=1 Scroll down
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, Renside and backhojo, I dont' know much about testing facilities here in La Plagne, but there is little sign of any significant Covid precautions
No Covid signs up at the lifts. No insistence on masks/buffs, no checks of Covid pass.
All lifties were wearing masks, as were a small number of skiers - maybe 10%.
We didn't go into any bars or restaurants.

Meantime the pistes are lovely, not crowded, always had chairlift to ourselves ( didn't try gondola). And it's snowing snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was asked to put a mask on by a lifty on an open-air lift in Peisey today.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Intersting, @fuzzydunlop, certainly no sign of that here

And one very forlorn sight. Envers lift. Looks abandoned. Chairs hanging covered in snow. No sign of any activity at either top or bottom station. No lights on.
What's the plan? (boredsurfin will know Smile )
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I realise that technically I am not in La Plagne, although part of the same ski area, but in Peisey-Valandry this afternoon it was like 28 Days Later.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Jonpim, Envers-- It had better be working! They spent another fortune on it this summer, my man on the spot is in the only bar open in Montalbert this evening, so no answer so far snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
fuzzydunlop, I've not watched 28 Days Later, but Wikipedia informs me it was all about a Rage inducing virus caught by being bitten.
The mind boggles as to just what was happening in Peisey-Valandry today Shocked

boredsurfin, looking forward to info from one of your many spies/informers Cool
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Jonpim,

The principle character wakes up to what appears to be a suddenly and recently deserted world -there are no people.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Although I did think the lifty had a hungry look in his eye…
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jonpim wrote:
Intersting, @fuzzydunlop, certainly no sign of that here

And one very forlorn sight. Envers lift. Looks abandoned. Chairs hanging covered in snow. No sign of any activity at either top or bottom station. No lights on.
What's the plan? (boredsurfin will know Smile )

I asked at SAP yesterday and they said it’s going to work this winter Eh oh!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
backhojo wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

8h ·
#DépistageCovid
The municipality of La Plagne Tarantaise informs you that a screening center will open its doors at the Plagne Centre's Hors-sac Hall starting Friday, December 10th for the whole winter season.
Eh oh! ️ If you have symptoms, please bring you closer to the medical staff of the station.

do you know if this is pre-bookabel. also no opening times above for tues / wed/ thurs. I am ideally looking for pre bookable tests for January so there is some certainty rather than chancing it in a queue

NO booking system being put in place. But they are confident that they will have enough testing (100 tests an hour according to the man I spoke to there today). Although he did say you will bambe want to avoine peak times. 8am and 17.00 pm
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Timg60 wrote:
backhojo wrote:
boredsurfin wrote:

8h ·
#DépistageCovid

NO booking system being put in place. But they are confident that they will have enough testing (100 tests an hour according to the man I spoke to there today). Although he did say you will bambe want to avoine peak times. 8am and 17.00 pm

Hmm...doesnt inspire me with confidence...prefer to have it all booked before we leave the uk to take away the stress
snow report
Timg60, with no sign of any attention to Envers now, maybe it will be like the year it was meant to start: nothing until last day of season when it ran for a day for dignitaries and press photos.

If no one is checking Covid Pass, then why bother with tests?
Certainly if self catering and not going into bars/ restaurants, anyone could ski yesterday.
They may of course eventually tighten up on checking, but for now . . .
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Timg60, with no sign of any attention to Envers now, maybe it will be like the year it was meant to start: nothing until last day of season when it ran for a day for dignitaries and press photos.

If no one is checking Covid Pass, then why bother with tests?
Certainly if self catering and not going into bars/ restaurants, anyone could ski yesterday.
They may of course eventually tighten up on checking, but for now . . .

I’ve been told that it will be the same offence as sharing a pass or trying to use a child’s pass etc. Ie if they check and you cannot produce a pass sanitere your ski pass will be annulled. I’ve not made it up the mountain yet but there is meant to be covid police with armbands on checking passes. Perhaps will be more of a thing for holiday weeks
snow report
Timg60, yes, my comment was really just conjecture. If I had kids who needed daily tests, then daily tests it would be, despite the temptation to do otherwise.
But most noticeable there are no signs up stating the Covid precautions, and certainly no message that you could lose your lift pass.
Also i see you too were up Snowheading at 2am Puzzled
ski holidays
Jonpim wrote:
Timg60, yes, my comment was really just conjecture. If I had kids who needed daily tests, then daily tests it would be, despite the temptation to do otherwise.
But most noticeable there are no signs up stating the Covid precautions, and certainly no message that you could lose your lift pass.
Also i see you too were up Snowheading at 2am Puzzled

The joys of working for a to at the start of the season with all the challenges this winter is bringing on top of all the usual ones. Sleep is a luxury……
No signes anywhere but they seem to rely on all the information being on their website
snow report
Lovely day. Blue sky, bright sunshine, perfect piste conditions, resort quiet, pistes quiet, no lift queues.
Met up with Mr and Mrs Skichampuk.
Some Covid Pass checking. They got checked on La Roche lift, but not then on any lifts after that until end of day at Collosses.
Checked in Croque Neige and Inversen restaurant, but both places rather casual about masks.
Few people wearing masks on lifts.
snow report
La plagne have opening online reservations for Covid antigen tests however the system isn't accepting UK phone numbers. Has anyone found a way round this before?
Thanks
latest report
Susang73 wrote:
La plagne have opening online reservations for Covid antigen tests however the system isn't accepting UK phone numbers. Has anyone found a way round this before?
Thanks

I'm afraid I don't have an answer for you but am experiencing the same problem - desperately trying to book daily tests for 4 children but can't get it to accept my mobile number. If anyone has a work around for this I would be very grateful....
ski holidays
I heard back from la plagne tourist office and apparently they are working on it. For Xmas week still à lot of slots left so at least no one can book. We are going 26th, so hoping that it gets resolved before the dates are released.

For the first day (26th) managed to get booked into Montchavin via doctorlib, so will drive through there on the way.

It's like one step forward, two steps back!!
snow report
We travel next weekend so it is a little more urgent! We have spoken to our hotel and they think the link is a little misleading and is not for appointments at the new testing centre at the picnic room in Plagne Centre. My understanding is that the picnic room testing is on a walk-in basis. They have also now removed all appointments from 20th December onwards.
ski holidays
They must be struggling with the technology. The La Plagne website now says that the pharmacy will do the tests as well, so might be worth a phone call to them as well!
latest report
Well, back on the piste after a "rest day" in Albertville.
Wall-to-wall sunshine with a hint of warm wind come late morning.
Remarkably few skiers about - was a bit worried after the larger than expected on Saturday, but they all largely disappeared on Sunday, and almost completely gone today.
Pistes are in superb condition, apart from a couple of worn patches on the red runs down to La Roche.
Covid precautions remain very casual.
No requests to wear masks/buffs on lifts, so very few do.
No requests for Pass Sanitaire today on any lifts - we went from La Roche to top of Arpette.

And no sign of life from Envers Sad
snow conditions
@Jonpim, Worn patches already! stop theses people skiing before I get there please Very Happy
Hopefully Envers will open on Saturday when Montyalbert opens...I guess Adrets is still closed as well for the same reason? Hopefully maybe...
snow report
@Jonpim, We too were back out in La Plagne today. We were convinced you were not out as it was so quiet and we didn't see you.
Agree with you about the run back to la Roche although the red we went down was more scratchy than patchy.
We were asked for our pass Sanitaire at la Roche and going on to the Bergerie lift.

Made it up to Inversens again this afternoon and managed the source run back down.
What I hadn't noticed on Sunday is that they have added another level to the restaurant. A level has been added with indoor and outdoor dining with spectacular views so it will be even busier this season. It does look very stylish.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@boredsurfin, with so few skiers out I think most pistes will last until you get out Smile

skichampcouk, Inversens restaurant has new Layer! Shocked How did we miss it?
ski holidays
Well, we are definitely being spoilt. Spoilt rotten.
Lovely sunshine in clear blue sky. Perfect Pistes. And hardly anyone here.
Going up Arpette there were moments when we couldn't see anyone on any of the pistes.
No queues. Never having to share a chair.

We were even asked to put up our La Plagne buffs at the Colosses lift.
But only that lift. And no one asked for Pass Sinitaire anywhere, except Bergerie restuarant.
snow report
On Nov 25th boredsurfin wrote:
We are arriving the day after Montalbert opens

That will be Sunday Sad No good.
The border shuts at midnight Friday night.
I hope you have managed to move your slot.

Such a disaster for so many: skiers, chalet/hotel owners, ski instructors, hire shops . . .
And so glad we got out here when we did.

It has been suggested on another thread that almost everyone in London has Covid. A slight exageration methinks, but the mountains (for the moment) seems a good place to be.
snow conditions
Absolutely gutted, was due to be flying into Grenoble on Saturday. Missed out at Easter 2020 and have been desperate for a ski holiday since. Accommodation agency must be absolutely fed up to the back teeth with me - booking / cancellation / booking / cancellation.
ski holidays
@Jonpim, See you tomorrow snowHead Do like to be there for first lift of season Cool
snow report
Aha! boredsurfin, you sneaking in just in time.
Bet you glad you decided on Friday arrival . . .
snow conditions
@Jonpim, Yep at 08:20 this morning Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Well, boredsurfin, we hope you are managing the mad panic of suddenly bringing forward departure. Shutting up the house in 24 hours, with tests and forms on top of the usual packing, fridge clearing, car sorting, whatever, is quite an undertaking.
Best of luck.
snow report
@Jonpim, Fortunately we were mostly ready, I'd left Friday to do the 'Admin' so brought that forward to Thursday, car was ready anyway, left at 05:30 this morning got here at 20:30. Long queues for every part of the Tunnel process, Pet check in staff doing a great job, and were expecting 2,500 pets today! Joined queue just off the M20 to get to check in at 07:20 and got on train at 10:30 (booked on 08:50) Took at least an hour to check the dog in.
Passports looked and stamped!
The trickle of cars coming through French border, only 4 gates open, UK had 6, meant trains (4 an hour) were leaving with only the lower deck used.
Good journey down until Chambery where a combination of roadworks and sheer volume of traffic led to a 30 minute delay as traffic management was in place to prevent traffic queuing in the tunnel. Once cleared that there was an incident near Moutier that led to another 5 minute delay, not sure what it was as they were removing the bollards as we got to it.
This may have been our longest journey time - but too tired to check this evening!
Will have a late breakfast and get out on the skis at lunchtime I think...

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 18-12-21 9:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
boredsurfin, well, you made it. And, from your times, must have really belted it through France to arrive at 8.30.
We are going over to Champagny side to meet up with the Skichampuks. May make Montalbert tomorrow. Enjoy your breakfast. snowHead
latest report
Hi we’ve made it to Plagne 1800 but couldn’t find the picnic room today. Can anyone give us a steer on which lift it is near?
ski holidays
@Renside, take Melezes lift out of 1800 turn right off lift: "salon hors sac" is on right
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy