Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Now you can post a snow report by SMS!

Poster: A snowHead
It's easy! Before you go, do the following:

1) Register your mobile number here (or from your Personal Profile)
2) Find the thread for snow conditions in your resort in the Snow Reports forum. If there isn't one, start one! At the bottom of the page, you'll find a button marked "Make this topic your 'fave'". Click it!
3) Save this number in your mobile +44 7 SNOWHEADS (follow the letters on your number keys and this should come out as +44 7 7669 43237)

And then you're all set! Once in resort, start your text to 07 SNOWHEADS with the word "fave", and the rest of your text will appear on your chosen thread Very Happy You don't need to leave a space between "fave" and the rest of your text so you can get the maximum amount of characters on describing the white stuff! snowHead

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 10-01-10 14:55; edited 3 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
By the way, your fave doesn't have to be a Snow Report topic, it works for anything Wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
TallTone, A few questions...........
Is that a premium rate mobile number?
If I click several threads Embarassed which one does the txt go to, or does it go to all of them Cool
Can we send pictures as well?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Boredsurfing, no, it's a standard rate number. Texts will go to the last one you clicked on as your "fave". You can't send pictures at the moment, though admin may have plans there Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

+44 77669 432237

TallTone, 'The number you have dialled is not recognised' Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Boredsurfing, oops. Mistyped there (although nothing wrong with +44 7 SNOWHEADS Wink)

Should be +44 7766 943237.

Although you can't ring it for a chat Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
One more technical note - for now, you can leave out the "fave" on your text (but don't!), and it will still post correctly. However, this default will probably change in the future, so best get into a good habit now wink Oh and if you leave out "fave" and happen to use one of the other keywords - such as "test" or "local" - you may get an unexpected result!

(this has indeed changed - you need to preface your message with 'fave' for it to be posted correctly)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
TallTone it works! (via SMS)
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing, Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Will we soon have a BoredTexting? Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Oh, here's another one that's working.

Start your message with 'intro' and follow it with a friend's number and they'll get a message from us inviting them to use the snowTexts service.
It also gives them a convenient message from which to save the number to their phone (in case they can't work out 07snowheads Very Happy)
This should prove very useful soon - you'll see Wink

Send a message with the word 'help' and you'll get an idea of some of the things that are coming.

There will be outbound text services too, which you'll be charged for.
The texts you get back from us, for example when you make an error or send 'help' or the one your friend gets from 'intro' are free, luv from sowHeads snowHead

Sending 'Stop' will temporarily prevent any texts coming to you from snowHeads (so you can be sure of a good night's sleep at the EoSB Embarassed)
Sending 'start' will restart the sevice.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
...and yes Boredsurfing, posting via SMS does increase your post count normally.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
admin, about time to remove the post count counter display then...........
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The add telephone page could do with a link button back to the forum. Mine were already registered. I guess that means I can play now.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mmm.........I can't be doing it correctly - it shouldn't take this long to come through. I can't have the number right in my phone - its not keen on the plus sign on the +44 - I've tried 00447766 943237 and it doesn't seem impressed
latest report
TallTone, admin, Shame, we could have helped with that - http://www.text-connect.co.uk

But I'm impressed that you got the number to match 'snowheads'. snowHead
snow report
Megamum, in the UK you can simply do 07 SNOW HEADS (07 7669 43237). I gave the international code since I expect most texts to come from abroad wink

The 0044 you tried should work though. I've checked your set-up and it looks OK. Can't do any more from here though - try the simple 07 number above and if that still doesn't work, drop me a PM and I'll check it out tonight.
ski holidays
trying from the uk only number on this attempt (via SMS)
latest report
Previous user error should mean that this international number now works! Happy (via SMS)
snow conditions
Megamum wrote:
trying from the uk only number on this attempt (via SMS)

You couldn't pop over to France and try that could you? wink

Seriously, I know that the system works from abroad, as admin is reporting in from Arabba... ah - try sending a message starting "test" and store the number on the returned message Smile
ski holidays
Hey, Hey!! Very Happy Looks like I'm up and running. It's quite 'neat' isn't it? If I can fathom it (mobile phone type tech) then there is more than an even chance that everyone else can Laughing N.B. You get an automatic reminder if you forget to post FAVE at the front of the message too Laughing

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 11-01-10 12:57; edited 1 time in total
latest report
Megamum wrote:
Previous user error should mean that this international number now works! Happy (via SMS)

You beat me to it Laughing
latest report
Oh! I'd never bumped into the personal profile section before.
Before I go filling it all in though - how much displays to all members?
I can't see an option for public/private on things like the mobile number.
snow report
"Who will see this info?
And what's it for?"

Are those meant to be links as they aren't clickable on my browser (google chrome)?
ski holidays
wigan, they display help text when you hover over them. Sounds like it doesn't work in Chrome Sad

Ah well, here's what it should say Smile

admin wrote:
Not many people have access to it, just Administrators - Gender and dob go to make up the 'birthday boy/girl' tag.

Height/weight/shoesize/ridestyle/weeksonsnow etc will be passed onto skihire shops if you're down for kit when u come to bashes, that sort of thing.

In future, there may be a forum restricted to subscribers only, which would display either the 'Familiar name' or 'forename' / 'surname' when you post but if you don't post to it, your name wont be shown.

Part of the reason for this profile is that we collect up lots of bits of info about people like addresses, phonenumbers or shoe size when they buy stuff or come to bashes and, under the Data Protection Act, you would have a right to ask us what info we hold on you. This way, just about everything is grouped together in one place and accessable to you to alter or even delete if you wish.
snow report
Thanks TallTone, I'll register my mobile number and have a go!

(Oh and I've checked again, and no, nothing appears when you hover there in Chrome. You do get text appearing further down the page when you hover over the skiing ability section though.)
ski holidays
I have just tested it out and it works fine for me. What happens though if you have clicked one or more favourites?
ski holidays
surfski,
TallTone wrote:
Boredsurfing, no, it's a standard rate number. Texts will go to the last one you clicked on as your "fave". You can't send pictures at the moment, though admin may have plans there Wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boredsurfing, you beat me to it. Yes i had found out that the last topic you click on as fave is the one it will send it too. Pity you cant send pics Sad
snow conditions
testing (via SMS)
snow report
Oooh - that worked! Very Happy
snow conditions
cathy wrote:
Oooh - that worked! Very Happy
I should hope so Laughing
snow conditions
admin, but had you taken into account user variabilities? wink

Provided it's excellent conditions wink I'll try to send some from Lech next week - just to compete with those from Arabba Toofy Grin
latest report
test (via SMS)
latest report
Testing mobile because in 10 days we are off to selva (via SMS)
latest report
Jerry, Bartezki, but now you have set this page as your fave Laughing dont forget to click fave on the page you really want to post into Toofy Grin
latest report
testing testing testing (via SMS)
ski holidays
test (via SMS)
latest report
I tested last night on the schladming thread but nothing has happened Puzzled Does that mean there is no snow?
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, SMS sent to your registered phone... we can work this out Toofy Grin
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy