Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Arlberg Snow Report 2021/2022 (Dec 3 - April 24)

Poster: A snowHead
@kitenski, probably a bit more than 3 hours to Stuben. We drove down from Gauting, south of Munich, on Friday evening in about 2H30.
If there is lots of traffic drive via Mittenwald/Telfs & avoid Fernpass or even round via Bregenz & come up the Arlbergpass from the other side
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It is the Closing Day Party at the KK ..... There all done for the season....

Next Season maybe different wink

Its Bye Bye Undergound to .....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:

Its Bye Bye Undergound to .....

Is that 100% certain ? I know that Joan was thinking about making this the last year, there was talk about this when we were in there last month ... but she's done more final tours than Status Quo so I won't believe it until I see it !
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JohnS4,
50yrs ..time to end back in Oz With her Bro.

Season running down real fast here.. Nearly everywhere closing up this Saturday ..

Just one or two places (resturants/bars) running until Easter Sunday and only a few days open .

Peace returns...

Touring Skis out Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skiing on Rendl this morning was quite good. Pistes 5, 6, 8, very firm under an inch of dandruff. Did several laps on 5 and 6 but sadly the bottom half of 5 was roped off for Team-Slalom-Austria. The valley run was moving towards slush-puppy by 1pm so I had a beer, then up Galzig and skied the most peculiar snow on Osthang, slush-grip-slush-grip, so then over to Schindler which was okay but pistes well cut up. Ended up at Stuben which sadly was a slush-fest. Back to St Anton for an early lunch with lots of wine.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yep, did a run from Zürs over to st Christoph after lunch - mistake. Slushed up bumps all the way around galzig, bailed and had the most painful trip down 100. Beautiful sunshine, but getting real heavy after lunch.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@skimastaaah, @BartMasters, good to hear from people who are really out there, I take it that it is r**ning currently down low??
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Today (Thursday pm) yeah Sad - I'm at Zurs and we've had an hour or two of r***/sleet/r*** this afternoon - however its stopped as I type this. There was a touch of snow up on the mountain, but here at village its r***/sleet. I'd imagine it would be the same at Lech and St Anton villages.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BartMasters, Sad how long are you there for, hopefully the forecast is correct and it cools down and turns to snow everywhere!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@kitenski, skied Rendl most of yesterday in glorious sunshine. Wind blown fresh snow on most pistes so nice fresh snow onto Teflon corduroy. Really good April day skiing. Finished early taking the Talabfarht down which was mainly sugar snow.

Today I'm staying in Stuben where there's been overnight drizzle low down with Albona looking good in sunshine and broken clouds. Will ski Zurs and Lech mainly today as I expect it will be quieter.

Will post later on.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BartMasters, check out the Lech Zurs webcams. Here at Stuben, Albona looks like it has a good cover of new snow. Zurs should then be pretty good too.

https://www.lechzuers.com/de/live-infos/webcams

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Fri 8-04-22 15:20; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@skimastaaah, cheers, we are in Stuben from Sunday.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Raining earlier this morning.

Blasting on the hill from 06:00 ...

Currently a break some blue sky but rain will return later..

Tomorrow we could be white again and have snow on thee ground in town ..

Music Fest starts today ....

For you Undeground fans it's their last day of the seaon tomorrow.(Sat 9) .maybe forever ....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Probably the worst conditions I've ever had in the Arlberg in the past 15 years.
HOWEVER..... brilliant early conditions top half of Tritkopf, so did a few laps. Over to Madlochjoch in quite a blow skiing down to Zug. ... the top section windy but nice snow, bottom was getting slush puppy. Had an early lunch at Rud Alp, and now having a drink in Lech before Strolz opens. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@skimastaaah, I can remember a couple of years back a really wet Saturday, had to retreat to the coffee place in the Nasereinbahn after an hour. I managed to create a fair flood given how wet my kit was Sad Looks like the last proper snow of the season tomorrow.
snow report
@skimastaaah, we’re you there in the past maybe 8-10 years when Warth was mostly brown and you needed a tow behind a snowmobile to get the link back to Lech? That was the worst conditions I’d seen but still an enjoyable holiday!
snow report
@kitenski, the snow conditions today were really variable. Took Albona 1 first thing (09.00am) and the route down to Alpe Rauz was already suggary/slushy. Got up to Trittkopf and found lovely fresh snow, slightly heavy but certainly the best surface I've been on so far this week, so Mrs Skimastaaah and I did a couple more laps before the crowds. Went across to Mugengratt and did the Tali-route, once again better-ish snow but the run-in was pants. Took the new Madlochjochbahn, all auto-close/auto-open system, in quite a blow with skis buffeted around. Top half of the run to Zug was busy but nice skiing despite the wind, and the new lift from Zug transforms that connection.

There's plenty of snow around but not of a great quality. There's plenty of skiing around so go to your favourite places.

Of to Warth Schrocken tomorrow with an optimistic air. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
@munich_irish, @kitenski, That was the year I had bought a pair of yellow "Kjus" ski pants with a black "Vist" ski jacket that had a membrane coating on the outer layer, this melted in the sun, then leached on to the Kjus pants with the rain. Both items ruined! Skullie
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
… before the crowds…

Is it that busy? I have never been in StA that late in the season, but I always imagined it would be tumbleweeds in the streets/pistes at this time of year, other than Easter.

It seems there have been some little top-ups, but no substantial snow since 25 Feb? Is that a fair comment?
latest report
@ulmerhutte, Currently snowing here in Stuben, with quite a wind. Temperature has dropped and the forecast is for more of this throughout the day. Not quite sure of the impact of this overnight snow on piste quality but will post later. BTW .... the "crowds" were a family of 5 skiing in front! Toofy Grin
latest report
Dust on Ice Very Happy
latest report
There is a post at Wepowder which is a trip report of a short recent visit to the Arlberg https://wepowder.com/en/forum/topic/284863
snow report
Austrian friends, residents of St. A, are always telling me that early April is the best time when the crowds have gone and there are usually snowfalls to provide powder days. But I've resisted their siren calls and never skied there later than mid March. I just hate slush and heavy snow, give me January every time.
Though, thanks to vagaries of weather, I have encountered sleet in Jan., but very very rarely.
latest report
Great day skiing Zurs, Lech, and schrocken. Fresh snow has made both piste and off piste so much better. Even got plenty of sun this afternoon.

Sadly Rud Alpe was pants service. Skullie
snow report
skimastaaah wrote:
Sadly Rud Alpe was pants service. Skullie

April 2022, and you really felt you needed to write this down here?
Pants....
ski holidays
@Langerzug, Nah............. I put in Trip Adviser too!

Skiing today was on refreshed pistes and enjoyable (apart from lunch). Piste skiing was pleasant and a much better than the past few days.
latest report
skimastaaah wrote:
@Langerzug, Nah............. I put in Trip Adviser too!

Skiing today was on refreshed pistes and enjoyable (apart from lunch). Piste skiing was pleasant and a much better than the past few days.

You think there’s a little off piste possible with the new snow?
Arriving tomorrow morning…
ski holidays
Quote:

You think there’s a little off piste possible with the new snow?
Arriving tomorrow morning…

Yeah, should be. Managed to get a bit of off piste work today, and it has been on and off snowing all day - even into the evening. With a bit of sun tomorrow should be pretty sweet.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@saller1, More fresh snow today at Stuben, and Arlberg webcams show snowfall around the region. But don't expect great off-piste. Most of yesterdays snow was on top of the orange/brown Sahara snow layer, and even by lunchtime in Lech the new snow off piste had become "glazed over" in the spring temperatures melting the top surface, don't expect deep powder. Maybe St Anton higher area faired better, but conditions much improved now.
ski holidays
Today Albona was excellent with a decent covering of fresh snow. Did a few laps OP past the Star Wars building, sweet. Moved over to Lech and onto Schrocken mainly in sunshine. All in all a pretty good day out.so far.
latest report
Thanks man!
Stayed mainly at albona and even managed one sweet run down albona northface on sunny conditions Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
@saller1, enjoy your skiing. There's good snow out there to be found. snowHead
latest report
Kaiserwetter Heute.

Sunscreen on..

Folks The Underground Apres Bar is finally finished..

Only ever went there (new one) once. .that was enough.

The old place was much better but the really old joint Belfast in Pettneu was the best.

The real legend of St Anton Apres Ski is laying in Innsbruck Hospital in a very serious condition. Shocked
snow report
stanton wrote:

The real legend of St Anton Apres Ski is laying in Innsbruck Hospital in a very serious condition. Shocked

More details ? I can think of a couple of people you might be talking about but they were both looking well just over month ago.
snow conditions
Better than expected snow today on and off piste, then sat outside in shorts and T shirt until 6 pm! Few sticky patches of snow by 4pm, let’s hope it doesn’t deteriorate too badly with the warm spell.
snow report
@JohnS4, Only thing I will say.

Not a Customer but an Ex Owner Apres Ski Mountain Bar.

Very Serious Ski Accident on April 2nd...

I know more but not for here.

Taps Race is underway already this morning ..

Weiße Rausch April 23 ..
snow conditions
@JohnS4, you have to understand. He has secrets he can only hint at to us non-insider plebs. Things that could change the world order, so he can do no more than hint at what he knows and leave us all in agony of suspension. That's the way it is.
latest report
Steilhang wrote:
@JohnS4, you have to understand. He has secrets he can only hint at to us non-insider plebs. Things that could change the world order, so he can do no more than hint at what he knows and leave us all in agony of suspension. That's the way it is.

I think I have an idea who he is talking about. If its the ex-owner of a very well known apres ski bar on the mountain there are only really two very well known bars ! Terrible shame if it is, he was in one one of the bars in town when I was there recently and came over to chat because I was wearing a very old t-shirt that I bought from the bar in days he owned it. Really nice guy. If it is him then I'm sure most of the regulars on here will also have an idea who it might be. Hope he gets better soon.
snow report
@JohnS4, of the two only one is an ex owner but given @stanton, tendency to over state things it might not be one of those two places. Plenty of other spots call themselves "legendary". Assuming you are correct then it would be sad as he is a really nice guy, never seemed to me to be the sort to set up & run a "legendary" apres ski bar, I guess age mellows us all!
snow report
Taps closing party tonight
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy