Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif 2020/2021 snow report, Les Carroz, Flaine, Samoens, Morillon & Sixt

Poster: A snowHead
gsb wrote:
Who remembers the pleasure of the evil, very long with dog leg double poma before the new Vernant chair went in, I think in the late 90’s
. Remember it well from holidays to Flaine in the mid to late 80's, somewhere I have a photo of one of our group holding onto the disc with outstretched arms most of the way up, very much in pain at top!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes.
Went there with Red Guide in 1982 - it was there then.
Awful!!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yesterday

Started at Morillon 1100 and then up under the Sairon lift to 1800m.

5mins of powder heaven.....I love this resort (picked a good day for a first visit)

http://youtube.com/v/sY0VKMFU3UU
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@polo, looks epic very jealous!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@polo, fantastic. Very jealous. My brother lives in Samoens and was skiing on saturday on a similar route.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cheers....such a good area from Morillon over to Samoens 1600 - 2100, too many off piste runs to do without lifts. Also some good stuff heading the other way towards Les Carroz which i hope to do next time.

The guy in the blue jacket is from argentina, and a ridiculously good snowboarder (compared to me).....didn't get much footage of him as he was too fast (some at 1:50 and also 3:50 mark to 4:30).
And if a hard morning hiking 700m vertical and riding powder wasn't enough, he then spent the rest of the day kite surfing at Excenvex beach on lac Leman, while my other mate and I were grateful to find La Combe bar was open in Morillion and serving socially distanced beer and burgers all day. Win win.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
season pass info, very cheap until 30th september, message was as follows:

Starting now, take advantage of the PREM'S Season offer for the 2021-2022 season with an unbeatable price by booking before 30th September:
489€ for an adult pass
289€ for a junior pass. In the GRAND MASSIF, junior is up to and including the age of 20!

Your benefits:
- The "Insurance" (ski rescue service) option is still available to you at 30€.
- The GRAND MASSIF, is also summertime, take advantage of the additional option at 75€ instead of 150€.
- You have the possibility of paying in instalments without incurring charges.
- You are entitled to day passes in other ski areas.

Your guarantees:
- Your pass is not used at all?
We will give you a full and unconditional refund.
- The Grand Massif ski area is open for fewer than 12 weeks during the 2021-2022 winter season?
We will issue a pro-rata refund based on these 12 weeks of skiing.

And for latecomers...
From 1st October to 30th November, you can still continue to benefit from the promotional
525€ instead of 1050€ for an adult pass,
325€ instead of 650€ for a junior pass.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Anything new for 2021/22?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@BAN, They were putting snowmaking in from l'igloo restaurant area down marvel when we were there at the start of September, and the drag at the base of timalet has had it base moved up a bit
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Seems quite minor. Anything new around Coulouvier?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BAN, sorry, have not gone that way
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pas de problem!
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Earlier today we skinned up from Morillon 1100m to 1800m, same route as above vid from last March but opposite ends of season.....so very different experience.

Lots of lift testing going on and most pistes are bashed so presume they will open soon.
It will look a lot different by the weekend with all the new snow expected but today there were several hazards as is usual this early....main one was the dips and gullies in the terrain haven't filled in yet and the piles of artificial snow which can bring your riding to a sudden halt or throw you off balance.

It's a bit wobbly, we're rusty and struggling with leg burn / talent, but it's a great route for mellow meadow sliding, about a 1hr 20 hike to cover 4.5km's and 700 elevation.

http://youtube.com/v/r38l_1kjbm8
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Anyone out there now?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BAN, been out here since 17th. Conditions ok, hasn't snowed all week, raining at 1100 today, doesn't look pretty for the rest of the week.
snow conditions
@BAN, new thread

https://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=157483&sid=f20385f9c8e414bc9fd9dcf0a13233a2
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy