Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chamonix Snow Report 20/21

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Alex A wrote:
Even with a video of a natural slide on the way up the cable car coming down right in front of them...

Wasn’t that set off by Papy Milet and Tof Henry? Let’s hope they checked there was no one below them Shocked
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@BobinCH, that's what I heard / thought too ....
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alex A wrote:
Yet you see so many people posting Mallory, Eugster descents etc on social media, playing roulette, 1 or 2 days later.

Bienvenue à Chamonix...

Friends of mine skied the Mallory and Col du Plan on ‘opening day’ (same day as the Cosmique accidents) Were they right, were they wrong? Everyone has to make their own choice as to what is ‘acceptable’ risk/reward balance...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
offpisteskiing wrote:
Alex A wrote:
Yet you see so many people posting Mallory, Eugster descents etc on social media, playing roulette, 1 or 2 days later.

Bienvenue à Chamonix...

Friends of mine skied the Mallory and Col du Plan on ‘opening day’ (same day as the Cosmique accidents) Were they right, were they wrong? Everyone has to make their own choice as to what is ‘acceptable’ risk/reward balance...

All the routes were perfectly skiable with due care - slough managment, cutting slopes and stopping in safe(r) zonses.

AFAIK the Cosmiques was being skied full on freeride style. Which IMHO is not a good idea first run after very long time.

Generaly the steeper runs are skied with more care than the Rond and Cosmiques becase the margin for error is less. Not that there is much margin for error in the Rond or Cosmiques.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah I've skied both Rond and Cosmiques and I know the exposure is still pretty up there for most of us.

What I think is fact is that whilst you can say its all possible to manage with the right decisions etc, but the fact is the signs were there and there were MANY natural slides. So I think that the risks taken by some were crossing the line. But I suppose they will be happy with their choices until they make a mistake and then don't have a choice again in future... blunt comment, but also fair I think.

Each to their own. Maybe I feel like this as my kids are now 13/15 and the amount of risk you are prepared to take goes down as you get older. Clearly talent overtakes logic sometimes and I think this is very true in this type of skiing. You'll say all day long that you had it under control, until you don't.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Alex A wrote:
Yeah I've skied both Rond and Cosmiques and I know the exposure is still pretty up there for most of us.

What I think is fact is that whilst you can say its all possible to manage with the right decisions etc, but the fact is the signs were there and there were MANY natural slides. So I think that the risks taken by some were crossing the line. But I suppose they will be happy with their choices until they make a mistake and then don't have a choice again in future... blunt comment, but also fair I think.

Each to their own. Maybe I feel like this as my kids are now 13/15 and the amount of risk you are prepared to take goes down as you get older. Clearly talent overtakes logic sometimes and I think this is very true in this type of skiing. You'll say all day long that you had it under control, until you don't.

They were chomping at the bit with no lifts all season and then the AdM opening with lots of fresh. The powder frenzy must have been off the scale...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A nice ski and a long walk home.

http://youtube.com/v/6x9QJhA-9_8&feature=youtu.be
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not skiing, but gives you a good idea of the current conditions.

http://youtube.com/v/uKLGOiRSagA
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy