Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The All New FIS Ski WC 2020/21 Thread + Cortina WSC 2021

Poster: A snowHead
Super Gs cancelled
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@holidayloverxx, shame to not have the final speed events of the season Sad

Pinturault has been handed a bit of a blessing now to try and retain the overall title - cannot see Vlahova not taking the womens overall!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@extremerob, agreed on all points
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Surely there will be racing today. The weather looks good.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@ster, yes. Team parallel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Great Britain face Sweden in the first round. Meanwhile, looking good for Billy Major in his bid to win the Europa Cup slalom title. He's in third place after the first run at Reiteralm this morning. Cup leader Anton Tremmel, who has the narrow margin of three points at the top, is in fifth spot. Laurie Taylor in seventh.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks perfect conditions.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Semi finals now.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Billy Major wins Europa Cup slalom title! Cool
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well done Mr Major! Slipped to 12th spot in his second run but his German rival fared even worse and just crept into the top 20.

I think the last Briton to win a Europa Cup title was Dave Ryding and it hasn't worked out too badly for him!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
LOL you would think Pinturault would be able to give a smile esp as it‘s his 30th birthday.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Sat 20-03-21 8:31; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks like Pinturault’s won it on the day and overall GS and maybe the whole Combined? To many skiers slipping in between him and Odermatt.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ster,
Probably but you never know. If the piste gets cut up in the second run it could work better for the early starters.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Will be interesting 2nd run. Odermatt having to fly down, Pinturault having to fight the nerves.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ster wrote:
Looks like Pinturault’s won it on the day and overall GS and maybe the whole Combined? To many skiers slipping in between him and Odermatt.

It's not done till its done. Pinterault has form for skiing out this season.

Overall GS? Whole combined? There isn't a combined race thuis season. You mean the GS globe and the Overall globe?
ski holidays
holidayloverxx wrote:
ster wrote:

It's not done till its done. Pinterault has form for skiing out this season.

Overall GS? Whole combined? There isn't a combined race thuis season. You mean the GS globe and the Overall globe?

Yes my mistake. Overall globe for bestest skier.
ski holidays
What a great run by 19 year old kiwi Alice Robinson in the last Women's Giant Slalom race of the season in Lenzerheide! Cool
snow report
Long time lurker, but just need to vent about Nick oh can you believe it Fellows Eurosport commentating. Is there any chance this could be his final season inflicting his poor pronunciations, obvious favouring of team USA, in particular Shiffrin and his love affair of Tanguy Neff and his US university education. Most of the time he seems to be watching a different race. I've always found Simon Golding to be far more professional.
snow conditions
Slightly puzzling exit by Lara Gut in the first run. Seems it was a protest about FIS not laying on the speed events & hence robbing her a chance at the big globe. Not impressed if that's true.
Really impressive run from Alice Robinson, good to see things mixed up a bit! Well done!
ski holidays
That was a heavy hit for poor Michael Matt. He wasnt even on the course long enough hear about his brother.
ski holidays
@skiking69,
Quote:

Long time lurker, but just need to vent about Nick oh can you believe it Fellows Eurosport commentating. Is there any chance this could be his final season inflicting his poor pronunciations, obvious favouring of team USA, in particular Shiffrin and his love affair of Tanguy Neff and his US university education. Most of the time he seems to be watching a different race. I've always found Simon Golding to be far more professional.

just watched the start of the 2nd runs, jesus, i now know what you mean about Nick Fellows obsession with Tanguay Neff. during his 2nd run, fellows told us everything about Neff apart from his inside leg measurement Puzzled Puzzled
snow report
"Cross Hufferson", as we call him in our household, has a lot to figure out before next season - as does Daniel Yule (interesting comment by Finlay Mickel regarding his stance width being wider this season, which may be contributing to his woes).
ski holidays
Steilhang wrote:
Slightly puzzling exit by Lara Gut in the first run. Seems it was a protest about FIS not laying on the speed events & hence robbing her a chance at the big globe. Not impressed if that's true.
Really impressive run from Alice Robinson, good to see things mixed up a bit! Well done!

True to character for Lara IMHO, always was a bit of a wild child in her early days. But she does have a point, they could have run the a speed event on Friday.
latest report
@davidthornton, Here's the Swiss trainer giving an explanation (in Swiss German). Long short, she was unable to build up the necessary inner 'tension' and realised that it was pointless or even dangerous to continue... (Ihr hat die Körperspannig g'fehlt). Sounds a bit unlikely to me.
snow conditions
skiking69 wrote:

Every single European who goes to study across the Pond is referred to as "sharpening their skills/keeping their skills sharp on the collegiate circuit". He always says it about Neff, and I'm sure he said it twice about Kristina Riise-Johansson yesterday!
snow conditions
Always sad to see the last of the ski races for the season. There now seems to be some healthy competition for Shiffrin in SL with Vlhova and Liensberger. Austria's Pertl should continue to grow in the men's SL. Swiss Odermatt also, just hope that he doesn't suffer a Janka, promising early career derailed.
But, overall, a massive thanks must go to the organisers and competitors for completing the season under very difficult and complex Covid conditions - Prost!
Looking forward to seeing the crowds back in 21/22, hopefully, especially the raucous Austrian hordes at Kitzbuehel and Schladders.
Anyway the seasons move on, and, for me, skiing's season knits together very well, with F1's season starting imminently.
snow report
Good to see that Charlie Guest won the last Women's Europa Cup slalom of the season at Reiteralm today! Very Happy
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, yes. Hopefully we'll see a bit more of her on the world cup circuit next season as she's had some good top 30 results recently.

I see no-one's commented on Dave's result! Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ster wrote:
He wasnt even on the course long enough hear about his brother.
Laughing Laughing

On another note, I'm sick of hearing about the tragic death of certain skiers' parents. It's really not appropriately and NF mentions it every run. Evil or Very Mad

(Yes, I've braved the commentary for this week with my finger ready on the mute button for when he gets too shouty. Pity, as I quite like both Finlay and Ed Drake.)
ski holidays
Quote:

On another note, I'm sick of hearing about the tragic death of certain skiers' parents. It's really not appropriately and NF mentions it every run.

Ah yes, yet another person he cannot pronounce properly.
ski holidays
@Alastair Pink, yes indeed Alice crushed it. Funny how you don't need the clock to see the winner at times, and this was one of them. The level of competition in Women's GS is outstanding right now.

Is "Lara Gut" Swiss German for "no class"? I didn't care for that stunt. Unfortunate that weather intervened, but that's ski racing.
snow conditions
Quote:

Is "Lara Gut" Swiss German for "no class"? I didn't care for that stunt. Unfortunate that weather intervened, but that's ski racing.

Petulant little brat isn't she.
snow report
Lovely Lara got a whopping $523k for her troubles this season 20/21. She was the highest earner, man or woman, on the circuit according to the International Ski Fed.
Second up was Petra Vlhova with $479k, followed by Mikaela Shiffrin getting $444k. Poor old Alexis Pintaurault trousered just $379k, hardly worth all his effort!
Isn't it time male skiers were paid the same as their female counterparts, after all they have to ski further. wink
snow report
skiking69 wrote:
Quote:

Petulant little brat isn't she.

I had some sympathy for her position, but that dissipated with her antics.

She chooses not to race in slalom, Vlhova chooses to race in every discipline, and the consequences of their choices are as much a reason why she isn't the overall champion as the cancellation of those races.
ski holidays
I was struck by how little joy Vlhova showed upon winning the overall (at least on the scant coverage over here). After such an accomplishment I would have expected more....Goggia would have gone into orbit! But three cheers for her anyway, she ran in all of 'em, was competitive in all of 'em, what a stud.
snow report
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
I was struck by how little joy Vlhova showed upon winning the overall (at least on the scant coverage over here). After such an accomplishment I would have expected more....Goggia would have gone into orbit! But three cheers for her anyway, she ran in all of 'em, was competitive in all of 'em, what a stud.

Having competed in virtually every race all season, I reckon the poor woman was too knackered to jump about and cheer!
latest report
Former World Cup racer and Olympic medallist Roland Thöni (cousin of Gustav) has passed away, aged 71. He took the bronze in slalom at the 1972 Sapporo Olympics.
latest report
I remember the Thoenis, especially watching Gustavo Thoeni, brilliant slalomist. That was in the days went they had to go round the hard wood posts rather than through the bendy plastic ones now. Very different technique.
snow report
Anybody tried ORF across a VPN in the UK lately? Seems it's no worky now.
ski holidays
Great race today and fantastic result for the French.

Looking forward to Sundays second DH
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy