Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2020/2021 (inc useful info)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are driving down heading into resort for 9th April. Any recommendations for kids ski school and hire please?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It depends what end of town you are.
We use Jacques sport near the hiking lift. Venosc end.

We use ESF ski school
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are the venosc side. Although the hotel offers a shuttle bus. I'll take a look at those options thanks. Do any hire shops offer free lockers with hire to save carrying?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes jacques does try there
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We've booked ski lessons with esf for the kids. Will also book hire with jaques sports this evening when I get time.
Thanks for all the advice.
Hope it snows over the next few days ready for us to arrive on the 9th April
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Some snow yesterday and believe forecast for the next few days so fingers crossed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looks like the predicted big dump didn't materialise. Still looks the was a little top up on the cams. Heavy rain currently forecast next week. Let's hope that doesn't happen
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Can someone please advise what the roads are like driving into L2A with snow?
We arrive on Saturday hopefully around lunchtime. Current forecast is rain or potential heavy snow depending on freeze line. I will be on summer tyres but have snow chains for the front wheels. First time driving to the alpes and I'm wondering if I need to get some all season tyres fitted this week or will chains be ok?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Boarderfarce, Chains will be fine to get you up. The very last part of the road into L2A is steep and may be tricky if slow moving traffic.
The hardest part is when to bite the bullet and put the chains on. There is a parking area at the bottom of the road up to resort.

Try and keep an eye on the weather right up to the last minute. Normally if chains are required the information board will say so.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Alpinebear, excellent thank you. Watching the weather constantly right now
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In LDA just now. Warm and getting soft quickly below 2100m and I wouldn't recommend skiing back to resort, but the joy of LDA is the glacier and so much skiing above 2600m. Will still be plenty for anyone coming next week.

http://youtube.com/v/FWKeK63Qoyg
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm in L2A as well. Seriously warm... Hoody weather rather than proper coat! Any flat sections, even on the glacier, are hideous slushy crawls which is a misery on a board! Anything higher up with a bit of angle to it is in relatively decent condition.

Thought this weekend was the end of season? Won't be any snow left on the runs back to resort by Monday.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Here too.
Tried the jandri Sunday never again! Nearly
Ruined a good day.
Lifts down for me.

Other than all good, glacier skiing fab.
And lunch or drinks in a tee is lovely Eh oh!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy