Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inventor of Gore-Tex dies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Gore-Tex: Inventor of waterproof fabric Robert Gore dies aged 83

Those of us who take part in snowsports and other outdoor activities have benefited from his invention that allowed waterproof but breathable clothing. R.I.P.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
His legacy will live on - on our coat rack.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@j b, And the boot rack.

But also some responsible for some leaps in medical survivability with certain implants and also some very clever cabling back in the 90s, some with military applications.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
When GT made it to market, they had a killer demo at the REI flagship store: a half-full beaker of water with the top sealed with a layer of GT. The beaker was tipped 90 degrees so that the GT was holding the water in the beaker, which was positioned over a torch flame. This caused the water to boil, and the liquid stayed in the beaker and the steam came through the GT, proving its vapor permeability right there in your face. Beyond brilliant in my view, though a bit of a fire hazard!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I remember my first goretex jacket (Dark blue) back in about 1985 ? I think I used it for the Pennine way.
In my opinion Gore Tex is still the most effective and durable performance material for the harsh uk mountain environment.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Transformed my hillwalking experience when it came out - and that extended into skiing. Brilliant stuff. Thank you Mr Gore - RIP.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If they stick his body in the washing machine for half an hour they'll get another 5 years out of him Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nah he'll be good for about 90 mins then still wet-out in the bootiful British climate.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I always put Goretex and Thinsulate as two of the best inventions of the 20th century for outdoors.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
spyderjon wrote:
If they stick his body in the washing machine for half an hour they'll get another 5 years out of him Toofy Grin

Can you proof that? Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@GlasgowCyclops, I'd say that as a theory it's full of holes....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm still finding this hard to absorb.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy