Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé 2020-21

Poster: A snowHead
Super early I know, and perhaps a bit optimistic given the current circumstances, but there seems to be news of the winter protocols published by Snow Space Salzburg ( Flachau/Wagrain/St Johann ) here............. https://www.snow-space.com/Covid19-measures

I presume that this will be similar/the same throughout the Ski Amadé.

Fingers crossed folks......... Cool

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 24-08-20 11:54; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
https://www.snow-space.com/Covid19-measures

Extraneous full stop above
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
whoops, thanks @HutToHut
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It might also be of interest for those who don't know, that the new lift between Flachau/Wagrain and Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl is coming along nicely

https://www.snow-space.com/en/winter/information/general/Panorama-Link-construction
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Timberwolf, good work. I can see the crane for the new top station for the Panorama-Link at Flachau from my apartment. There will also be a new lift at Reiteralm, a 6-pack chairlift to replace the T-bar at the top with a new longer blue piste. Plus the long-awaited replacement chairlift for the Lärchenkogel on Planai.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Any talk of a replacement for Rohrmoos I & II at Hochwurzen?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@HutToHut, not that I'm aware of.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shaping up nicely. Looking forward to some less crowded weeks next season. Will take a walk up to the new station in September and post some pics.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It's snowing in Zauchensee! snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Confirmed, I got a birthday ski in, my earliest tour yet Cool

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Scarpa, I was actually thinking if I should drive there or not, but it felt a bit early to change car wheels for winter ones, and I'm sure it was bad anyway NehNeh Yeah not jealous at all NehNeh
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@primoz, By mid day the snow was getting a bit heavy, we went mountain biking the next day as temps rose. The road was clear right up to the resort so summer tyres would have been fine (bit of a gamble though). I run Nokian winter/all seasons all year as my mileage is pretty low.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
From the photos, it looks like you walked up and got the lift down... not jealous of that at all wink

The new Panorama link looks good, though I fear it will mean that the masses who can't be bothered to get a bus will suddenly discover my favourite parts of the range.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ousekjarr, Toofy Grin NehNeh

snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You're toying with me now - a screen shot of a video with a play button which doesn't work... Twisted Evil Mr. Green
ski holidays
@ousekjarr, it got me too!
snow report
click on it again @holidayloverxx ??
snow report
@Timberwolf, You can't fool me twice! (well not very often)
snow report
Another dusting of snow in Zauchensee and Obertauern today. Rain down here in the valley.
ski holidays
The whole of Ski Amadé is looking very white and wintery this morning. The ski season officially starts today with the opening of the Dachstein glacier ski area (Salzburg Supercard areas such as Kitzsteinhorn and Mölltaler glaciers are already open). Visibility might be an issue today! snowHead
snow report
So, do people want us to keep updating this thread? Or will it wee wee those off who cannot get here for whatever Covid-related reasons?

We've had a mostly dry and sunny month with some higher than average temperatures since the last post, and I've had Covid so haven't been out much. But today we woke up to a dusting of white and the cannons are fully in action.

Assuming the current restrictions will be eased from 7th December (that's the plan anyway), the main Ski Amadé ski areas are aiming for opening date on 11th December. I have a sneaking suspicion that Planai and Reiteralm might open a day or so before that, they always like to be first.

The early purchase lift pass discount date has been extended from 2nd December to 21st December.
ski holidays
@queenie pretty please, I'm still interested - the season is not yet started, and it won't be declared dead until such time as all hope is gone. If travel is permitted in early 2021 then I have every intention of visiting as normal if I'm allowed to, and we have a tentative booking for Flachau in February which will remain live fort as long as seems reasonable under the circumstances.

Even if we can't make it, we're all still keen skiers and even though it may turn us green with envy, seeing details of someone else skiing if we can't does at least remind us all that the earth continues to turn and the sun continues to rise, so there will be a better future.
snow report
@ousekjarr, +1
snow conditions
@queenie pretty please, yes please Cool
snow conditions
@queenie pretty please, Hope you're feeling better and that's you sorted for the season. Only 19 reported cases worldwide of re-infection so you should be safe as houses from now on. Every cloud etc etc.
snow conditions
Thanks folks, I shall continue (with the help of the other resident Amadérs of course). We hope you will be able to join us at some point.

@RedandWhiteFlachau, thanks, I'm on the mend. I'm not making any assumptions about immunity although at least in the short term I should be good.
snow report
@queenie pretty please, yes please, keep it coming.
latest report
@queenie pretty please, Anecdotal, but my eldest tested positive in April and negative on Day 7 & 9 testing so released. In the last two months he has had to lockdown with his fellow student housemates twice after different students in his house went Hot. Despite close proximity he tested out negative both times. Fingers crossed.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
So Ski Amadé has confirmed opening day on Thursday. FFP2 masks are needed for the gondolas so there has been a mad dash to buy them with many shops already sold out. Ski touring has been really busy here, car parks full. Snow forecast on Tuesday-Friday, bring it on.
snow report
Should be there today Sad
ski holidays
@Timberwolf, Sad
latest report
@Timberwolf, Crying or Very sad There will be other times.
latest report
Timberwolf wrote:
Should be there today Sad
I would normally too, but now can't even leave my flatlands city limits, We went to T3 Sat, then T4 Sunday, a little northern outcrop of T4 for some reason I can't quite work out. If this new xmas u-turn excuse making more transmittable mutant is so dangerous why not T4 whole of England? I see the chances of skiing this season slipping away, maybe Easter.
snow conditions
and now I see the French have u-turned on freight traffic going into France. Panic all-around
ski holidays
My first ski day today. The lifts did open on 24th Dec but the weather has been a bit grim plus too many Christmas festivities going on. Today was pretty cold, snowing to start with in Flachau, plus all cannons on full blast. Snow was a hard crust underneath with a layer of new snow on top. Tried out the new Panorama gondola link from Flachau to Flachauwinkl. Wasn't easy to find as the visibility wasn't good, it's a short way down the Flying Mozart piste. The new gondola station for the new Flying Mozart is there, but we're still on the old gondola for now. Weather cleared up a bit in Flachauwinkl and Zauchensee. Plenty of people about, locals and day trippers which was encouraging to see.
latest report
Beautiful cold sunny day today, but I haven't gone skiing. Couldn't get my ski rack to work. Then every car park is full and people are queuing for the lifts. However friends who have braved it say it's really good. Queues are fast moving and the pistes are great.
snow conditions
@queenie pretty please, hauser kaibling have posted to say they are full
snow report
@holidayloverxx, pretty sure they're all full today. There was a 5km traffic jam on the Ennstal Bundestraße.
ski holidays
Had a quick look on the Webcams and Piste Maps today. I see that it is mostly single hill skiing with the links only partially open. Better than nothing, if you're there! Sad
ski holidays
@RedandWhiteFlachau, the new Panorama link between Flachau/Wagrain and Flachauwinkl/Kleinarl is open, I used it yesterday (although I didn't get a panoramic view due to cloud). But you're right that the Schladming valley links and the Wagrain link to Alpendorf are not open yet and also the middle section of Hochkönig is not open yet.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy