Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les SYbelles

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Sis-in-law has asked me about this resort in FRance, but I haven't heard of it. Has anyone been?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry never been there, but Shermann Maeir mentioned it in this thread ....

And davidof has some info on his site.....
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Helen - I have skiied in Les Sybelles for the last 7 years including this season. Many of the resorts that link together to form Les Sybelles have no UK tour operators taking tourists out there - until now. For the last 20 plus years the land owners/lift companys and environmentalists have been trying to agree on new lifts that properly link all of the resorts together. The French gov finally agreed to the lifts and they were built last year giving you a 300 (ish!!!)km of lift linked pistes. You will find really good beginner and intermediate skiing and, because its not an "expert" resort if you ski off piste you will find plenty of opportunitys. Very good and cheap restaurants (prices are rising a little)Don't expect great nightlife though I have been the only one out after 10pm several times !!! The pretty bits are St Sorlin d'arves and St Jean d'arves. The larger,higher and more convenient stations are La Toussuire (the biggest) and Les Corbier (not pretty but well placed). If you'd like specific details on were to stay/guides/instructors/blah blah blah then let me know or look at www.la-toussuire.com for a bit more info on accomodation
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helen Beaumont, Had a great holiday last Xmas touring the smaller resorts of the Maurienne including La Toussuire and Les Corbier. Both were nice small resorts, great for day trips. If you base yourself down in the valley (we did fly/drive to Geneva and stayed in St Jean de Maurienne) you can also reach Valmenier, Valloire and Val Frejus with ease....and best of all there's a gondola from Orelle which takes you direct up into Val Thorens. We had great fun exploring the little resorts which are generally cheaper and friendlier and because we went somewhere different everyday the lack of really tough pistes didn't bother us at all.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
homphomp, sounds good, sis-in-law will like it. Thanks guys!!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Welcome to snowHeads, Frosty snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
OOPS, sorry Frosty, didn't notice you were new-welcome to snowHeads snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks for the Hello - everyone's very friendly round here ! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
homphomp wrote:
and best of all there's a gondola from Orelle which takes you direct up into Val Thorens
I am interested in how ski resorts fit in with each other, where they are on the map, their geography. It is easy to think of all the resorts in isolation. The Sybelles site has this map. Not very helpful. I know Val Thorens well, but don't really know where Orelle is. So where is Orelle in relation to Sybelles? Anyone got a link to a suitable map?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.orelle.net/acces.htm
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Jonpim, http://www.orelle.net/images/plan.jpg

Had lunch in the restaurant at the top of the 3 Vallées Express at the end of April, the bubbles were running but you probably couldn't ski all the way down, thought about it, but decided not to take the chance.... have you skied on the Pointe Renod glacier side of the domain?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I remember thinking when we'd skied into the 4th valley that it would be a VERY long way to get back to Val Thorens by road!

I see that Les Sybelles is on the same valley as Orelle which then runs on to Val Cenis and ends over the Col from Val d'Isere (I don't have a link but I do have Institut Geographique National "Carte de Promenade" for Grenoble - Mont Blanc 1:100000 and it shows the lie of the land admirably!)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PG, we went up Peyron and Bouchet, but only skied down the Bouchet side (at was getting late and weather was deteriorating), so I don't think we actually went on the glacier.
The link back to Val Thorens is a bit daft. You have to walk up a fair way to get to a red run, or ski down Chamois which is labelled black. So lots of skiers puff up to Falaise. I wonder if this is a silly practical joke by the Pistey People, coz Chamois is not black but red: most people could avoid the walk.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, it is a bit of a climb. I went down the Chamois, I remember it was marked as a black, but I couldn't really tell... on May 7th at the end of the day it was a complete whiteout when I was trying to make my way back. The Bouchet and Coraia runs were the quietest in the domain... most people were content to stay on the VT side.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ian Hopkinson wrote:
I remember thinking when we'd skied into the 4th valley that it would be a VERY long way to get back to Val Thorens by road!

That was one of our worries skiing Val Thorens from Orelle....but if they let you up they guarantee to get you back! The lift office staff were very helpful with information about forecasts and advice on when the lift may or may not run - assuming you speak a bit of French that is!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy