Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North America West Coast Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Crystal was very fine last weekend!

Good chance I'll be at Bachelor for a slightly elongated weekend too
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If your weekend starts on Thursday let me know. I drove up to Bend from Mammoth yesterday. Four good days down there, ended by high winds; Heavenly couldn’t open. I have people coming in from Seattle on Thursday night. Check the bachelor website, as the big RV shindig is happening in the West Village parking lot and they want us to go to sunrise.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Probably skiing Friday thru Monday methinks
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Some heavy wet cream on crust was on order. Never felt the crust though. Dumping and storm skiing in very late April. No complaints!

Definitely was heavy "pow".

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowing at Mt Bachelor and Hood this morning. Old Man Winter is feeling frisky!

https://www.skihood.com/en/the-mountain/toyota-live-stream-mountain-cams
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Went for a hike this morning to enjoy the freshly fallen snow.

About 4" of nice soft widbuff.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bachelor Webcam indicates white frozen liquid falling. Mother Nature celebrating Mother's Day with some fresh mountain snow.

Tonight: Snow showers, possibly mixed with rain before 8pm, then snow showers between 8pm and 5am, then snow showers, possibly mixed with freezing rain after 5am. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 28. Breezy, with a west wind 21 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers, possibly mixed with freezing rain, becoming all snow after 8am. Some thunder is also possible. High near 32. Windy, with a west wind 21 to 30 mph, with gusts as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Saturday Night: Snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Low around 20. Breezy, with a west wind 14 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Sunday: Snow showers before 2pm, then snow showers, possibly mixed with freezing rain. Some thunder is also possible. High near 30. West wind around 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stellar mid-February conditions at Mt. Bachelor this morning. Mid 20's and 7" at 6:30am. Was dumping all morning. Not much running this morning so the main lift up was quite crowded unfortunately. That's the thing about skiing in May. Not as many folks still working to handle lift ops. No matter, it was a fantastic morning to shred some powder!

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Another 5"-8" in the Cascades and much colder temps. Snow flurries at the house this morning - elevation 4k feet. Not going to make it up this morning. Mom comes first today! Maybe a late afternoon tour. But for those that can get some fresh turns in May, enjoy!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Managed to get a few afternoon turns in. Nice way to finish a Sunday afternoon in May.

Not to mention a bootpack to end the day.

snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pulled up to front row parking after the lifts stopped spinning to go for a tour in the 5"-6" of fresh.

Was snowing heavily for a few lonely laps in the May powder.

Should see another 6" overnight. Friday the 13th should be pretty fun
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Last day of lift served at Bachelor and 5" of overnight and snowing on and off during the day. Winds were on the gusty side, 30-40 mph, and temps just below freezing. So the snow was on the heavier side, but no complaints for May 29th! Toofy Grin

Brilliant way to end the lift served season.

snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Stellar day in the mountains. Bluebird and fresh powder served up on Memorial Day. No lifts spinning, so you do the work.

Sun softened up the 8" that fell over the past few days.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Light dusting of snow in the Cascades overnight. Was a chilly 34F at my place this morning. Meanwhile in the rest of the USA, the temps are in the 100F range.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Opening day at Mission Ridge. Decent top to bottom groomers! I'll take it
snow conditions
Has Vail Resorts got enough staff to run the infrastructure this season?
snow report
kditrj2d wrote:
Has Vail Resorts got enough staff to run the infrastructure this season?

Let's hope so, although all is quiet at Whistler at the momemt ... besides Creekside gondola updates
ski holidays
Whistler looks very promising for US Turkey day. Most of BC and Alberta actually looks like they will get hit with a few storms between now and the end of the week.
snow conditions
Forecast looks promising but the base is minimal.

"Lifts spinning starting at 8:15am on Thursday include Blackcomb Gondola, Excalibur Gondola, Excelerator, Jersey Cream, and Catskinner on Blackcomb Mountain; those operating on Whistler Mountain include the Whistler Village Gondola, Fitzsimmons, Garbanzo, Emerald, and Franz’s Chair, with an early season terrain package that includes 125 skiable acres on Blackcomb and 116 acres on Whistler. Whistler Blackcomb will continue to make snow and take advantage of new snowfall to expand terrain offerings. "
ski holidays
Daughter skiing in Whistler today as a part of the instructor only day. She said conditions are pretty good
snow conditions
6 feet in Buffalo:)
ski holidays
I'm in Mammoth for the thanksgiving long weekend. Originally booked a hotel in Tahoe City for Alpine/Palisades but we decided to last minute pivot to Mammoth because I think they did a lot better from that storm a couple of weeks ago with their elevation + aspect. Snow is still excellent with loads of the mountain open - very pleased with the decision even if it took 7.5 hours to get here from SF!
snow conditions
So, you thought you wanted to ski the Rockies...

http://youtube.com/v/2LPEaeQh2gk
snow conditions
@sibhusky, Does anyone buy day tickets anymore?
ski holidays
Personally, no, except when I was in Lech.

But, I'm sure there's a ton of casual skiers who are doing it (or maybe doing a 180° at the window). The issue doesn't quite apply here (where I live) as we're still "reasonable" (! at least vs. these places in the video). Our resort's president:

"Polumbus is concerned that other resorts have lost track of what’s important in the industry, at the risk of alienating a growing segment of skiers.

“It’s really easy for resorts of our size, middle of the road, to play the ‘Vail game,’” said Polumbus. “A lot of places get sucked into jacking up the prices and then discounting them, or jack up [day ticket] prices and drive people to the [multi-resort] pass. We’ve decided not to play that game.”
snow report
@sibhusky,
In North America at destination resorts I meant. I still buy day tickets in Europe. And I would if up to about 70/80 Euro/USD per day which includes a few nice hills.
latest report
Since I don't know any "casual skiers" that go anywhere other than locally, it's hard for me to say. After all, if you're on a ski forum, you're already not in the category we're talking about. When I lived back in New Jersey, I knew a few families like that, but they couldn't afford even then to stay for free with us in the Poconos and pay for lifts and rental for 2 days. And that was 20 years ago. Most of those people stopped skiing after one trip with the kids. Here, I know locals who ski once or twice a season, but the day ticket on a weekend is under $100. ($94 walk-up, $84 online 2 days before. Still pretty preposterous. There might still be Costco deal as well.)

These prices elsewhere explain the huge increase in skier visits the last few years. Why else would you come to ski in the fog?
ski holidays
sibhusky wrote:
Since I don't know any "casual skiers" that go anywhere other than locally, it's hard for me to say. After all, if you're on a ski forum, you're already not in the category we're talking about. When I lived back in New Jersey, I knew a few families like that, but they couldn't afford even then to stay for free with us in the Poconos and pay for lifts and rental for 2 days. And that was 20 years ago. Most of those people stopped skiing after one trip with the kids. Here, I know locals who ski once or twice a season, but the day ticket on a weekend is under $100. ($94 walk-up, $84 online 2 days before. Still pretty preposterous. There might still be Costco deal as well.)

These prices elsewhere explain the huge increase in skier visits the last few years. Why else would you come to ski in the fog?

A Whitefish and Fernie combo is on my radar. If I have to take on fog so be it.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Since you guys always seem to have six week trips, you might as well hit Schweitzer while you're at it.
ski holidays
@sibhusky, I’m from Australia. I have many North American road trips on my radar. Haven’t been to your general area yet. I’ll be sure to do the National Parks while I’m there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy