Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North America West Coast Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Bergmeister wrote:
For us, the torture from a distance continues - though I'm glad you are having a great season over the pond.

We remain in lockdown here in the UK, with no real prospect of skiing anywhere soon. Our one remaining glimmer of hope is that Scotland reopens its borders at the end of the month and we can do some (limited, by then) ski touring. Here's hoping!

@Bergmeister I hope you folks are able to get even just a bit of time on the snow!

We've had a pretty decent season all things considered. Somehow the US ski resorts were able to avoid any large COVID outbreaks. I guess the fact that the ski areas really limited indoor dining helped? Hard to say. The only ski resort that has made the news was the outbreak in Whistler at the end of March that caused the resort to close two weeks early.

Hopefully the 2021/'22 season will be a return to some normalcy. Fingers crossed. (Got my first Pfizer COVID shot March 14th and the 2nd dose coming up April 14th.)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Last turns of the season for me. See you all next season.

latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Toadman wrote:
Last turns of the season for me

Meanwhile... we are hoping that Scotland lifts its international (from England rolling eyes ) travel ban on 26th April and we can get up there for some heather hopping, hiking and ski touring. It's our only hope for some proper turns this season.

Fingers (& toes) are firmly crossed, with a bit of US knocking on wood for good measure! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
"Hopefully the 2021/'22 season will be a return to some normalcy. "

First time I've ever seen that word - normalcy. Is it common in the USA? (It's "normality" over here).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, common. We'd say it the way he did (perhaps without "some") and for one to use "normality" in that sentence over here would be.....abnormal.

Was at Tahoe and Mt B until yesterday. Perfect spring conditions for 9 days. Heavenly is a better mountain than I remembered.

Sure hope we can cross the pond, or our northern border, next season. But some great road tripping this year has been a more than adequate replacement, for which I have endless gratitude.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
More snow coming Friday night into early Saturday morning for a few Cascade mtn peaks. Couple inches for Bachelor and Mt Hood forecast. Some of the Colorado Front Range resorts got up to 11" of snow Thursday night. (Winter Park and Breck did well.)

Mammoth should also get some snow on Sunday. Winter just doesn't want to leave!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Light dusting of snow overnight in the Cascades. Bachelor and Timberline are still open in Oregon. Forecast calls for a few centimeters here and there over the next few days. Might need to dust off the skis Saturday... Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Go for it, why not? I'm headed for LA next week, and gonna hit Mammoth on the way home and close Bachelor on the 31st. Will report.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow flurries this morning in Bend.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
20F at the Base of Bachelor this morning and some snow flurries. Was 30f at the house this morning. Low pressure out of the Gulf of AK should push through by tonight. Not much snow accumulation. Just flurries and wind.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
First snow of the season.

Bachelor-Sept-21
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bombogenisis is forming off the PNW. Duck and cover folks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/beast-bomb-cyclone-set-wallop-180413861.html

Satellite imagery indicates that the moisture associated with this storm train will be transported all the way from India and other parts of southeast Asia across the northern Pacific and into the western U.S., according to Senior Meteorologist and Manager of Forecasting Technology Mike Doll said. Energy from former Severe Tropical Storm Namtheun, which churned over the western Pacific, will join forces with a non-tropical system sitting over the northern Pacific on Wednesday, according to AccuWeather Meteorologist Randy Adkins.

Rapid strengthening will result. As the storm comes together a few hundred miles off the coasts of Washington and British Columbia, its intensification could easily surpass the criteria for bombogenesis.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Toadman wrote:
Bombogenisis is forming off the PNW. Duck and cover folks.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/beast-bomb-cyclone-set-wallop-180413861.html

Appropriate name for the writer of that article... Alex Sosnowski
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It feels like they are getting more dramatic with terminology these days. The NWS forecast is for a night of reasonably heavy rain up here, with Bachelor getting a few inches of snow, both of which are entirely expected this time of year.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mammoth going to open early.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/one-americas-best-ski-resorts-145925006.html

Quote:
The winter gods are smiling on skiers and riders for the 2021/2022 season.

On Thursday, Mammoth Mountain in California announced it will open a full two weeks earlier than planned thanks to a little early snowfall from Mother Nature.

While the mountain had planned to open on November 13, it is now expected to open on October 29. This is only the 10th October opening in the mountain's history.
snow report
A few flakes at Mt. Bachelor today. A few more to come tonight and tomorrow.

snow report
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
It feels like they are getting more dramatic with terminology these days. The NWS forecast is for a night of reasonably heavy rain up here, with Bachelor getting a few inches of snow, both of which are entirely expected this time of year.

Just further north, we've definitely been getting a very wet October - our unnoficial weather station (a bucket on the deck Madeye-Smiley ) has been emptied twice already this month, and we're still not done being weather-bombed or atmospheric rivered yet!
Until the last few days it's been quite cool so hopefully that is all turning to snow somewhere up Whistler! snowHead
latest report
Limited opening announced for Mammoth after they have received over a foot at the base and 2 feet at the summit.

https://www.mammothmountain.com/events-calendar/event-detail?url=mammoth-mountain-ski-area-opening-day
ski holidays
Fresh snow overnight at Bachelor. Will warm up later this week. Don't expect it to stick.

upload images
snow report

I can see a Thunder Dump about to arrive.Followed by a Deluge Express .... Puzzled
snow report
Yep, what used to be a Pineapple Express is now an Atmospheric River. Or, in my terms: we're gonna get rinsed on Thursday!
latest report
Got myself some turns in outside Tahoe, which got smoked in this storm...only grazed a couple of snow sharks in the creamy sierra pow.

Mammoth and Palisades are opening a month early after the October dump. At higher elevations we got >4ft of snow.

snow report
A few turns made this morning at Bachelor.

ski holidays
Plenty of snow at my parent's place in South Anchorage. Roughly a foot or snow. Alyeska set to open on Dec. 10. Maybe they need to consider opening earlier!

snow report
Gnorm the Gnome got buried today at Revelstoke

https://www.revelstokemountainresort.com/conditions/webcams

Some decent snow falling in interior BC and Alberta. A bit on the warm side. But good for the base!
snow report
Any local intel on what will be open at Whistler for ThxGiving? Pickings are slim locally right now - I think its there or Sun Valley, which is a tad of a drive for us. But ....
latest report
gortonator wrote:
Any local intel on what will be open at Whistler for ThxGiving? Pickings are slim locally right now - I think its there or Sun Valley, which is a tad of a drive for us. But ....

gotonator, So where did you end up for Thanksgiving? Looks like the best conditions were in Lake Louise/Banff. VT looked pretty good other than the winds for the women's WC events. Fingers crossed for some fresh snow in the PNW and Colorado Rockies, Wasatch range here in the not so distant future. Maybe toward the end of the first week of December? Puzzled
snow report
Sun Valley.. killington like skiing but twice the vert. 3 good days of fast hard pack ish to get the legs moving.

Mission Ridge might survive the week for next weekend. we'll see. Not much hope elsewhere...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Need the jet stream to drop a few hundred miles South and let some cold Arctic air mix with all these AR's we seem to be getting in the PNW. 14 day FI forecasts do have some blips of promise, but the next week down South of 47 degrees Latitude is not looking very cold or snowy...
ski holidays
Not a good start to the ski season in the PNW.

https://www.q13fox.com/news/1-dead-5-rescued-from-crystal-mountain-avalanche
ski holidays
Meanwhile, the snow is piling up.

https://www.windy.com/-Webcams/United-States/Washington/Puyallup-River-Junction/Crystal-Mountain-Resort/webcams/1578985079?snowAccu,next3d,46.922,-122.326,9,i:pressure

Please stay safe out there.
latest report
Sick about the slide at my home mountain, in one of my favorite places.
ski holidays
Sick about the slide at my home mountain, in one of my favorite places.

Yep. Some of my best days skiing were in Silver Basin. Love that area.

snow report
Some fresh turns at Bachelor this morning. About 9" reported over the last 24 hrs. A bit of warm up coming into the weekend, and then going cold again.

snow conditions
Nice. Crystal was plenty good today. Northway and 6 are on the cusp of opening.
snow report
PNW and BC in for some storms this week. A few fronts coming inbound Wed/Thursday and another Friday. Sierras going to get another blast as well. Rode the lift with a Truckee, CA local who was up for a snowboard comp at Bachelor this past weekend. Said it took him 90 minutes to dig his vehicle out. About 5 feet of snow over a 36 hour period.
MHM has a notice on their website to bring a shovel as you might need to dig yourself out!

A foot in the past 24 hours at Bachelor. Heavy and wet, but still made for fun skiing in the Cascade Concrete.

Will be warmish with higher freezing levels. Might be some upside down snow conditions.

As they like to say around these parts, "good for building the base."

Stay safe out there.
ski holidays
Snow is coming in cold and light. Going colder as we approach the weekend. Snow forecast still holding for a white Christmas in the PNW. Another 18"-24" forecast into Saturday night in the Cascades.

About 7"-8" at the start of the morning. With free refills.

latest report
Dumping on Christmas day. Brought out the crowds but it was a very festive vibe. Resort said 10" but it skied deeper.

ski holidays
Toadman wrote:
Dumping on Christmas day. Brought out the crowds but it was a very festive vibe. Resort said 10" but it skied deeper.

What is that white stuff?
ski holidays
Resort reporting 24" over the past 24 hours. Very cold temps in the - 15C range (5F). Very stormy conditions with winds in the 30 MPH range.

Didn't make it up today. Have a bit of a tender knee due to a header into a snowbank that resulted in a double ejection and maybe a hyperextended knee. But Christmas skiing with my older brother was worth some knee pain. Now time to try and recover.

Weather will trend colder later this week. Chance for more snow around Thursday to go with the 4 feet plus that has fallen over the past 3 days.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy