Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North America West Coast Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Until treatments and/or vaccines are available, I expect we'll see something along these lines. What happens in Australia will be instructive. NZ are opening with no limits but as they are an island and effectively free, its safe. And their numbers will be low anyway as there won't be any Aussies there - normally 50% of skiers. Epic have just offered refunds to all Aussie pass holders.

Might be a season to avoid busy resorts. Our Mision Ridge season passes could deliver big as a midweek day there normally is probably only 300 people! We should be able to adjust work schedule to make that happen. Just hope snow gods comply. Can't see a European trip happening somehow.

Probably will renew Ikon pass as again value might be midweek at Snoqualmie and Crystal

Science to the rescue hopefully!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
^^^^You are probably right on how things will play out this winter.

Currently snowing lightly at Bachelor. Summit lift on hold due to wind and low viz. They got a light dusting of an inch overnight. Should see an inch to 3 inches today. Forecast calling for cold temps overnight. Supposed to get down to 27F in town, and possibly mixed snow and rain. Crazy cold temps this late in the month of May. Might change my mind and try and snag a reservation for tomorrow.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good luck. I recall a spring trip down many springs ago and like today Summit was shut so it was a 6.5 hour drive to ski Sunrise. Wasn't worth it, but your drive is six hours shorter or thereabouts, what the heck, you might get lucky. As the surfers would say: Eddie would go. Hood's been getting its usual share of weather as well. Looks like mid next week it might get sunny. I'd like to go but at this point I'm thinking about waiting for Palmer to open....at least there's a little pitch up there.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
last Memorial weekend was hardly Springy either at Bachelor. In fact closing day greeted us with 6 inches of super gloop which was nigh unskiable. I managed about 15 laps of Pine and bailed before noon. Unheard of on closing day. We're normally up on the Summit drinking shots when the lifts close Smile

I'm keeping my eyes on Palmer. Palmer/Magic Mile laps are worthy in the funshine.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've not really paid that much attention to the Ikon pass thing as most resorts I want to go to aren't covered. Mt Bachelor has been on my to visit radar for a while and was slowly creeping up 'the list'. I seem to recall someone saying on a Whistler thread (maybe?) that Ikon pass resorts tend to become a bit busier/pricier. Is that your experience? How do you think inclusion on the pass will effect things? Have I missed the boat a bit?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@rogg, I would not say you've missed the boat. Yes, Ikon resorts have become busier and pricier, but I would not let that deter you from going to a resort that you otherwise wanted to visit. As for how Bachelor is affected by its new affiliation, time will tell, but it will not make it less crowded. On the other hand, it is not a natural destination for multi-area road trippers, as there isn't much worthy skiing within 7 hours. I would guess it will noticeable, but barely.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Scooter in Seattle, Thanks.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Went up to Bachelor for first day of uphill traffic. Quite a large contingent of folks enjoying the spring snow and warm and sunny weather.

Our dog, Bodie had a great time too.

http://youtube.com/v/Kk_SEMuXH1k
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quick trip to Timberline today. Sunny and hot. Mile and Stormin Norman running; 10 min lines mid morning. Teenage girls not wearing their masks. Felt comfortable, they did a good job of the distancing thing. Spent the whole day off piste, little suncups corning nicely, over with by noon. 70 degrees back at the car. Palmer currently getting a new rope, shouldn't take more than a week or 2. Email from Crystal waiting for me upon my return: they're opening Green Valley on a limited, reservation basis. Timberline reservations sold out in 2 minutes on the day I got mine; I expect Crystal to be the same.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sounds fun. Think we're gonna stick to biking and hiking and cross fingers and toes firmly for November!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Forecast for snow in the Cascades late Saturday night into Monday. Crystal has announced that June 7th will be last day of skiing. Could be some spicy weather up there on Sunday.

Might take the dog for a tour on Sunday morning. He does love the snow just as much as his owner does.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Forecast came through with a few inches of powder at Bachelor. A few of us got up early and went for a tour. Snowed all the way to the parking lot. Some fairly strong winds over 30 MPH dissuaded me from going to the top of Summit. Plus it was fairly wind scoured and icy, and I figured not worth the extra effort. Was still some decent wind blown and soft powder to play in.

All in all a nice and pleasant surprise to have some fresh June Central Oregon powder to play in.

woodforest atm near me
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
More snow on Sunday.

black and white duo names

Skied very nice for mid-June

I think these might have been some of my last turns until the 20/21 season.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Toadman wrote:
More snow on Sunday.

black and white duo names

Skied very nice for mid-June

I think these might have been some of my last turns until the 20/21 season.

Wowsers. That looks nice. Usual to have snow mid June?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BobinCH wrote:

Wowsers. That looks nice. Usual to have snow mid June?

Usual? Yes, it's not uncommon to have snow like this in June. But to have a series of cold fronts spinning out of the Gulf of Alaska on what feels like a once a week basis, yes, that is not normal.

I just took a peak at the webcam and conditions report, and it's coming down in a wet heavy blanket of snow. Temps at -2 C at 2,350 meters.

Alta got some decent accumulation last weekend as well. Made for some good late, late spring skiing!
snow conditions
Snowmaking starts at Mission Ridge tmr so time to revive this baby, and hope we get some skiing in this winter. Who knows ....

I did have an entertaining 30 minutes reading the locals responding to the Mt Bachelor parking reservation program on Instagram last night. #localsnothappy
ski holidays
The Bachelor locals sure love to bleat, don't they? (I am one, at times) I just reviewed the parking policy and sure, its a pain, but the operators need to manage a marginally-manageable situation so they can continue to operate and we can ski. So no, folks can't just head for their usual spot in the Sky lot and run their dog. It'll be fine; they'll tweak things and we'll adjust as we all learn a new way forward.

As for Mission, did they finish the big chair replacement? I gotta get over there this season, I'm getting bored at Crystal. I'm hoping to do some US road trips this season for obvious reasons. I believe the old chair was the first detachable chair in the US, first installed at Breck.
latest report
Old Mission Chair was from Winter Park, maybe Breck before? The new bubble chair should be up and running by Xmas holidays. I think it's going to be a game-changer for that ski hill. Faster, more reliable, and warmer ride. Can happily show you a few of the secret spots if you head over. We're still learning them too Wink

We have Mission season passes so intend to ski there, ideally, midweek (job flexibility helps!) a fair bit, although in reality only Saturdays are ever really busy so ones to avoid. And pick up days at Stevens, Crystal, Snoqualmie opportunistically (midweek again in high season anyway). With an odd road trip to get Epic/Ikon pass value. Ketchum in early January gives me warm (!) fuzzy feelings!!

And you never know, by April when we want to head to Bachelor the world might be looking up a tiny bit, and the locals bleating a tint bit less!

It's going to be an odd season. hard to know if they will be high demand beyond the diehards who have already bought passes?
snow conditions
Definitely going to be an interesting season. I've snagged my 7 early reservations to start the season. We shall see how it plays out. But, I have gotten 3 days of powder skiing in already, so I can't complain. Wednesday forecast looks very promising, so will see about getting in a 4th November powder day at Bachelor.

Crystal going to reservation system too, so the complaining by the masses continues all over the PNW.

And if the crowds to go early season resort ski touring are any indication, the demand will be very high. Everyone is a diehard skier/boarder this season.

latest report
Snow is looking good here too - been consistently cold and wet snowHead
Unfortunately the chance of skiing any of it any time soon (unless touring somewhere) seems to be diminishing rapidly Sad
snow report
Crystal opens today, early like in the old days. I got a reservation for tomorrow to determine how out of shape I am. Making the res was easy. I will whine in advance about having to walk further, or ride the shuttle, as opposed to paying $500 for an A lot parking pass. Early bird used to get the worm, no longer. At least there is snow!
ski holidays
Please make sure you update this thread with pictures
snow conditions
stuarth wrote:
Unfortunately the chance of skiing any of it any time soon (unless touring somewhere) seems to be diminishing rapidly Sad

watching from afar atm , looks like 2m+ up high in Squamish over next storm cycle , is whistler opening in doubt ?
snow report
Dabber wrote:
stuarth wrote:

watching from afar atm , looks like 2m+ up high in Squamish over next storm cycle , is whistler opening in doubt ?

nothing official, but provincial health orders and the spike in Covid cases would seem to make it increasingly tricky. Already recreational travel between health regions is restricted which in itself limits Whistler to Sea to Sky, North Shore, Richmond, and City of Vancouver population only - and it's not looking like the situation is improving Sad
snow report
Did someone say pics?

About 5" of fresh on the 4" that fell yesterday. Colder temps made for some very nice early dawn turns underneath Pine Marten chair. 4 powder days in the past two weeks is not too shabby for November. Very Happy

ski holidays
Great stuff! Sat here very jealous from a cold, wet and miserable UK !
snow report
Looks like Whistler had a strong early season dump, fingers crossed we can get there from the UK at Easter.
snow report
Sun Peaks is running already.

If you look at the UK's vaccination program... late March or April look like the best shot,
assuming they work out some sort of "immunisation passport" thing.

Worst case, Iceland's season runs late, and then there's always New Zealand in the summer...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Crystal was pretty good yesterday. Only rocks we saw/hit were on the 6 traverse, no surprise there. But 6 being open and having a foot or so of decent pow, that was a surprise. Lots of folks forgetting to wear their masks, and I have heard that all weekends are already fully booked until the new year.

Love the consistent, non-moguled base on these early days....
ski holidays
rinky75 wrote:
Looks like Whistler had a strong early season dump, fingers crossed we can get there from the UK at Easter.

Not sure whether to laugh or cry at that level of optimism rolling eyes
UK may be ahead of the game a bit, but there is little chance of a wide vaccine rollout here by April, so it's not going to make any difference then. BC premier saying not even inter provincial travel until a widely distributed vaccine, and Canada chief health officer saying not planning anything like normal until end of next year - so Perhaps you might want to consider Easter 2022 Sad
ski holidays
Jackson Hole is already over 100" of snowfall, and the season hasn't started yet. Baker is at 81" and they kicked things off today for pass holders only. Baker should get to 100" before US Thanksgiving on Thursday.

More snow forecast for Coast Range and North-Central Cascades from Sunday into Tuesday, although Tuesday is looking like higher snow levels before dropping into Wednesday.
snow conditions
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
Crystal was pretty good yesterday. Only rocks we saw/hit were on the 6 traverse, no surprise there. But 6 being open and having a foot or so of decent pow, that was a surprise. Lots of folks forgetting to wear their masks, and I have heard that all weekends are already fully booked until the new year.

Love the consistent, non-moguled base on these early days....

How are the lift ops and lift lines? Not good about the mask wearing, which I assume is while waiting to load up?
ski holidays
@Toadman, correct, in the mazes, which were mostly normal. Lifties were hit and miss as to enforcing masks. They put some other people on our chair which I did not like, but that only happened once, at opening. Lines were not long but not expected on day two. I do think it will be ugly on the weekends. Not a huge fan of the upper lot being reserved for $500/stall/season. But pow, and enough snow to ski back to the car on 11/19? I'll take it.
latest report
stuarth wrote:
Dabber wrote:
stuarth wrote:

nothing official, but provincial health orders and the spike in Covid cases would seem to make it increasingly tricky. Already recreational travel between health regions is restricted which in itself limits Whistler to Sea to Sky, North Shore, Richmond, and City of Vancouver population only - and it's not looking like the situation is improving Sad

Fingers crossed you guys don’t see a second wave like us , I’m still very hopeful to fly out in January, birth of First grand mini DABBER and new home in squamish to be there for , got the twin touring set ups ready to rock , seems like your local mountains will be open and some skiing willl be had snowHead
latest report
Dabber wrote:
stuarth wrote:
Dabber wrote:
stuarth wrote:

Fingers crossed you guys don’t see a second wave like us , I’m still very hopeful to fly out in January, birth of First grand mini DABBER and new home in squamish to be there for , got the twin touring set ups ready to rock , seems like your local mountains will be open and some skiing willl be had snowHead

Unfortunately it looks like we already have Sad Though with a little bit of luck and some following of the rules, hopefully the situation will get better soon, and in time for yours (and new Dabber jr jrs) arrival.
More unfortunately I don't have a pass for any of the N. Shore mountains anymore - buying one now would probably cost more than my Whistler pass! Annoyingly the early season snow is so good this year, can't even go biking as half the trails have snow on! rolling eyes snowHead
ski holidays
Fixed that. Got a Cypress pass (off-peak one, that didn't cost quite as much as my Whistler one!) - lets hope they manage to stay open!
snow conditions
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
@Toadman, correct, in the mazes, which were mostly normal. Lifties were hit and miss as to enforcing masks. They put some other people on our chair which I did not like, but that only happened once, at opening. Lines were not long but not expected on day two. I do think it will be ugly on the weekends. Not a huge fan of the upper lot being reserved for $500/stall/season. But pow, and enough snow to ski back to the car on 11/19? I'll take it.

@Scooter Thanks for the info. Never minded the hike from Upper C or B lot to the lifts. Good way to get the legs and lungs warmed up before hitting the slopes. Might trek up that way for a Monday lift assist ski day, since Bachelor is too cheap to open a bit earlier. The whole reservation biz makes last minute ski days a bit tricky though!
latest report
Beautiful morning for a tour. Kept it simple and just headed for the top of Pine Martin

The Cinder Cone has been hit hard.

Blue skies and cold temps made for some soft turns

Trees held nice stashes

There were lots of people out and about enjoying the snow. Forecast calling for storm up North in BC on Sunday, looks to still be on track to work South along the Cascades Sunday night Monday morning with a slight warming on Tuesday before cooling into Wed. with more snow for Thanksgiving.
ski holidays
stuarth wrote:
Fixed that. Got a Cypress pass (off-peak one, that didn't cost quite as much as my Whistler one!) - lets hope they manage to stay open!

well done , just had some pics from my lad touring off elfin lakes and it looks awesome , just hoping 'sods law' does not prevail as looking like a great years skiing on the horizon Toofy Grin
latest report
My Facebook feed is full of people all over the states having a great time on the slopes.

Gutted Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy