Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

North America West Coast Resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Interesting weather pattern for the weekend. Don't see this happen very often with cold Arctic air coming down from Canada, but with a SW flow. That means places like Northern Idaho, Eastern Washington will do well. Little Mission Ridge could be looking at over a foot on Friday night/Saturday morning.

The Tahoe resorts are looking at a storm coming off the Pacific. Temps will be seasonal average, but not too warm for this time of year. GFS looks to have about 12"-20" from Friday through Sunday night.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We may be heading to Mission this weekend Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
gortonator wrote:
We may be heading to Mission this weekend Smile

I hope you are able to get out of Europe and back to the States. Sounds like travel from/to Europe will be fairly difficult for those who have been in the Schengen.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/11/homeland-security-acting-secretary-chad-f-wolf-s-statement-presidential-proclamation
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
GFS and ECM showing a strengthening of the storm coming in to the Sierra's on Friday night. It's puttering along and will linger over Tahoe and drop upwards of 3 feet of snow when it finally moves on it's way to Utah and Colorado Sunday afternoon.

Looks like some of that storm energy will be far enough North to hit the Tetons as well.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's currently snowing at many of the Washington ski areas. Mission Ridge should do well with this storm overnight. Crystal has picked up 3" so far today. Should see another 8" or so over night, maybe a foot at the highest elevations.

Mt Hood in Oregon starting to see some flurries as is Bachelor. Temps will continue to drop into the single digits tomorrow morning. Will be cold and light pow for March.

Tahoe ski areas on track to see upwards of 3 feet of snow by Sunday.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Woke up to snow on the truck. Was snowing as I pulled out of the driveway up to Bachelor.

Dry and light snow was waiting for those willing to wait for it.

Was worth the wait.

Groomers were covered in about 5" of hero snow.

Some very nice, dry, light powder for March.

snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Toadman, was Pine closed? The size of that line on Red suggests so. And is that the start of Sparks @ Tower 21 from above? Whatever, it looks nice. Headed down tomorrow I hope.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scooter in Seattle wrote:
@Toadman, was Pine closed? The size of that line on Red suggests so. And is that the start of Sparks @ Tower 21 from above? Whatever, it looks nice. Headed down tomorrow I hope.

Scooter, Saturday's are early Red chair mornings at 8am. Once Pine fires up at 9am, and of course the rest of the lifts, then things spread out. I never waited much for a lift all morning. Was probably one of the best days of the season for me. As I type it's dumping at my house in Bend (elev. 4,000') Should be good for Sunday, with cold temps in the teens , and dry light powder for Sunday morning. Depending on weather, they might be able to get Summit spinning, which would be awesome. They were doing some avy control work during the morning. Love that sound! Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Toadman, ah yes, early ups, forgot. Hope Summit waits for me! Still hoping to come down tomorrow, though places keep closing....all Vail and Alterra resorts now shut. Hope Powdr keeps 'em open.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Toadman, ah yes, early ups, forgot. Hope Summit waits for me! Still hoping to come down tomorrow, though places keep closing....all Vail and Alterra resorts now shut. Hope Powdr keeps 'em open.

Scooter, hope you didn't make the drive down. Sad to see Bachelor announce they are closed March 15-22 for further evaluation. Sad
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ha - happy times only 48 hours ago! Now everywhere is closed Sad

Mission Ridge got 22 inches, and more during Saturday. It was blower pow - great, possibly final weekend of the season unless places like Bachelor and Timberline somehow resurrect Spring schedules
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gortonator wrote:
Ha - happy times only 48 hours ago! Now everywhere is closed Sad

Mission Ridge got 22 inches, and more during Saturday. It was blower pow - great, possibly final weekend of the season unless places like Bachelor and Timberline somehow resurrect Spring schedules

Yep, tough pill to swallow. Can't even do my favorite hike up the Cinder Cone with uphill traffic suspended for now. Had 6" of snow in the driveway yesterday, and, well, I shoveled my driveway, the walk ways and my own house along with the sidewalk for a neighbor trying to get back from Phoenix. Kind of crazy, that mid-March had it's dumping all over, and the ski resorts are closed. I'm not even going to look at a forecast for a while.

Working on getting my new carbon fiber frame road bike put together...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
yup - my road bike should be out of the repair shop tmr ... biking season starting early. At least the weather here in Seattle is beautiful this week

Idaho resorts still open but who knows how long that will last. And BC still open but can't believe the border won't close soon. Might need to drive there for a beer in a bar anyway Smile
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Not that it matters, but there's a large storm coming through the PNW, Northern Calif, and into Utah later tonight into Tuesday. If your ski area allows uphill traffic, it might be good to get some exercise and powder. But just keep your distance.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snowed overnight in Central Oregon and the Cascade Range. Woke up to a light dusting on the vehicle. 20cm's on the snow stake at Bachelor. Does me no good. No uphill traffic allowed. Sad

Colorado resorts are discouraging uphill touring at the resorts as well. But not banned. Local mtn rescue folks are discouraging any touring, and if people do, to be very conservative, as they are focused on assisting with COVID 19 situation. You just might not get rescued if you get into trouble, or have to wait much longer.

Stay safe everyone!
snow report
Snow currently falling in the Cascades. Should see about 10cm-30cm through the weekend with decreasing snow levels. Another storm is inbound for Monday time frame with even lower snow levels to about 2,500 feet. That storm is looking to drop around 30cm or more of snow. I might go for a tour on Saturday and Sunday and get some fresh powder.
latest report
Dumping in the Cascades. Untouchable...

snow report
Brutal.
ski holidays
Woke up to fresh falling snow. And it has been snowing at my house since at least 6am. The state of Oregon has all the snow parks closed off. All the state parks are closed too. They are issuing fines to anyone who tries to bypass the closures.

The temps continue to fall as the storm front passes. Would be an epic storm skiing day with over 30" of powder up there. I wonder if some of the ski patrol and employees of Bachelor might be doing some "work" up there this morning...
snow report

It's like window shopping. Look but don't touch....
ski holidays
Wow -- what are they, Snow covered chairs/tables ??
ski holidays
albob wrote:
Wow -- what are they, Snow covered chairs/tables ??

People?
ski holidays
They are hibernating bears. After they shut down, a group of grizzly bears took over the mountain.

But seriously, they are just some tables and chairs.

I think when all is said and done, this storm will have dropped over 4 feet of snow. I haven't really been looking at forecast models, but there might be another one coming in later into the weekend. Not that it matters, other than providing a decent snow pack for agriculture and recreation, if there is any recreation this summer.
snow report
Yep, the deck at West Village of Mt.Bachelor. That's a serious dump right there. Looks like we'll be able to water this summer anyway.
snow report
@Toadman, thanks for keeping the updates coming , I know its irrelevant , but I will follow things till the end of season , and as you say hopefully no water shortage of water this summer Toofy Grin
ski holidays
I've stopped looking .... typical we get a cool, snowy Spring in Cascades.

Bachelor email yesterday was upbeat about 'reopening as soon as possible/allowed'.

Methinks that might be November Sad

Starting to dream of South America in August. Not even optimistic about that
snow conditions
Went for a bike ride at lunch and got snowed on. More storm activity forecast for the weekend for the Cascades and the Sierra's. Don't ask me how much, I didn't bother to look into the details.
ski holidays
Seattle March was colder than January averages. So much snow in Cascades Sad
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowed in Bend on Saturday morning and again on Sunday. I have heard over 4 feet fell in a 72 hour period last week. Plus the foot or so that fell this weekend.
ski holidays
Timberline and Mt Bachelor opening on May 16th on limited bases. It did snow yesterday in the Cascades. Mt Bachelor got a few inches. Mt Bachelor is planning a limited opening on a reservation based system to pass holders only. Will run just two lifts. 500 total skiers. Will probably take some time to process the skiers into the parking lot, as you have to show your reservation.
latest report
You going to go try and go up? We pondered an attempt at Timberline midweek but with all the restrictions and constant threat of dodgy weather closing Palmer, not sure we'll bother.
snow report
Its 9:40am and tomorrow's reservations for T-line are already full, so there's a data point about pent-up demand.@gortonator, Palmer won't be open, its just the Mile and Stormin Norman. Fct for the next several days sucks but I may try to go next week. Funny, in a normal season I would NEVER consider skiing Timberline with only those two lifts but here we are. Sure wish I'd gotten a pass at Bachelor this season!
ski holidays
Its 9:40am and tomorrow's reservations for T-line are already full, so there's a data point about pent-up demand.@gortonator, Palmer won't be open, its just the Mile and Stormin Norman. Fct for the next several days sucks but I may try to go next week. Funny, in a normal season I would NEVER consider skiing Timberline with only those two lifts but here we are. Sure wish I'd gotten a pass at Bachelor this season!

We normally get 12-15 days at Bachelor on the Spring Pass.I suspect the 500 places there each day will go quickly too.

Will monitor Timberline demand for midweek and then maybe make a run at it? I dunno. Doesn't sound 100% enticing but I guess this might be the new reality fro next winter? I have a pretty flexible job and Mission Ridge gets about 200 people normally on a week day. Glad I bought a pass
ski holidays
Yeah the Spring Pass is the best deal on the planet. Meanwhile, reservations for tomorrow at T-line are sold out after eight minutes! And the forecast is horrid for days. Sigh.
snow report
Timberline not the fun-est place in horrid weather either. Midweek, good forecast and Palmer possibly open and I may try.

Assume the camps will be canceled? Maybe?
snow report
Race Place sent me something yesterday that said they were hopeful that camps would still go. Seems like they could make those work, distancing-wise.

It's weird, I know what's at Timberline and would never bother going there under normal circumstances, but right now it almost feels like a duty, like going to a funeral. On the other hand, will I need to quarantine myself when I get home? Not a good bargain.

I'm starting to whine, time to move away from the keyboard! At least the yard looks fantastic!
ski holidays
you wouldn't need to quarantine??

Gonna ponder for a few days and see what happens. looked very quiet up there today
ski holidays
Re quarantine needed upon return: definitely possible, but not certain. If I ride the chair solo and otherwise stay isolated, not needed. Plenty of things could happen to change that to yes, needed. I worry about somebody coughing up a lung in the lift line. As I said, not a great bargain. FCT continues to be meh....Fri/Sat look the best of a sorry lot. I was 3 hours from getting on a plane for 3 weeks in the Alps when this all hit the fan. As a result I have "ski season interruptus", the only malady that could get me to even consider such a silly trip.
ski holidays
Outdoor environments are pretty safe - the necessary combo of exposure and time are pretty unlikely skiing, even on a chair

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2020-05-15/will-i-get-coronavirus-at-the-grocery-store-unlikely
snow report
An inch overnight at Bachelor. I have no plans to try and make a reservation to ski though. With just two lifts operating, I will just use my unused days towards this upcoming seasons pass purchase. With Bachelor joining Ikon, it will be interesting to see how things unfold.

From what I have heard, the reservations for the 500 slots has been going in under 5 minutes. So, the demand is there. I'm wondering if this is what the future of skiing will look like. People will need to make reservations, and resorts will limit the number of rooms rented out? Who knows. Doesn't seem to be a sustainable model without increasing the prices.

Edit to add: Snow showers are forecast for today and tomorrow. It's been unseasonable cool here the past few days. Lots of very badly needed rain and some minor additions to the snow pack.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy