Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Deux Alpes 2019/20

Poster: A snowHead
I'll do this again this year after a year or so off.

Links
http://www.meteoexploration.com/forecasts/Les-Deux-Alpes/?lang=en - Forecast
http://www.les2alpes.com/en/ - Official Site
http://www.2alpesnet.com/ - Alternative Site
http://www.bensbus.co.uk/ - Transfers from Grenoble Airport and Lyon Airport
http://www.2alpesnet.com/buses - Lyon and Geneva to Grenoble shuttles and local buses

If you want British instruction there are several options -
- Alex Armand (Chapman) Tiptop ski coaching. Formerly with ESS Alex has been on her own for a couple of years now.
- Easiski (Charlotte) has been here a long time and has many SH fans but she only teaches a little now, existing clients
- European Ski School have a few British instructors too. Ian Huyton, Simon Edwards and John Nelson for skiing and Craig Nelder for Snowboard. All of their Italian instructors speak very good English.
- I think ESS are having one more Brit stagiaire too, Luke..
- all other schools, ESF, ESI, Firstrax have other English speaking French and Italian instructors. Some I know personally are very fluent.
- for off piste adventures any of the above

For those interested English Football is shown in the Red Frog (open all day) and the Secret Bar (although not open all day so prob not lunchtime kick offs).

If you decide you want to buy boots in resort Cedric at Jacques Sports is highly recommended. He did mine the winter before last and did a grand job.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There is an enormous amount of work going on up there atm. I walked half way up the Demoiselles a while ago and was engulfed by the dust thrown up by enormous earth movers driving up. One tumbled down off the side last week due to an inattentive driver who was lucky to escape serious injury.

The new Pierre Grosse gondola is on track I believe and this will relieve last year's pressure on the Jandri Express.

The first stage if the glacier 8 man chair is being moved to Cretes to replace the old 4 man. Also on track I believe.

The new Super Venosc lift isn't going ahead this year (the old one was removed last summer). Shame as Vallee Blanche is not as accessible or big without it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?

First snow of the autumn that I've seen on the Muzelle. Possibly some in September when I was away for much of the month.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pissed down in resort last night but as it has been pretty chilly it was obviously falling as snow higher. Woke to this.

Snow down to about 2000m but its also windy up there, can see the snow blowing off the Muzelle. The 2nd photo shows the Diable and Super Diable.

I also stole this photo from a friend's Facebook page, the new Pierre Grosse lift station. I might wander up to the Cretes myself later in the week to take a look at the new lift there.

Season Passes have been on sale for a while now, prices and cutoff dates for discounts are:-

SKI PASS SEASON BUY FROM 15/09 TO 18/10/2019
Adult : 999 € → 699 €
Child : 799 € → 559 €
Junior : 999 € → 699 €
Senior : 899 € → 629 €

SKI PASS SEASON BUY FROM 19/10 TO 22/11/2019
Adult : 999 € → 799 €
Child : 799 € → 639 €
Junior : 999 € → 799 €
Senior : 899 € → 719 €

HALF SEASON PASS AVAILABLE FROM 15/02/2020 : 599.00 €
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
Do you know if the new Pierre grosse lift and the new lift on Crete’s are due to be finished in time for the resort opening in December?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Honeybadgerversion2, Pretty sure they are. Without the Crete lift we'd be f****d tbh.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks fingers crossed then!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had turned a little warmer but today it has pissed down in resort since 3am. Now clearing enough to see that the snow line is about 2500m. Confirmed by the webcams too.

They've been testing the snow cannons since yesterday too. Not cold enough for it to be anything but water from those visible from down here.

Limited opening for Toussaint 26th Oct to 3 Nov. No mention of skiing which I think everyone had given up on anyway.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rained in resort from 3am to 8pm with hardly a break. Clear but cool today, woke to this, snowline about 2000m. Will have helped our glacier Very Happy

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
It's pretty wild here atm, very windy and there has been a fair bit of rain. Although it's not cold it looks as if there is some new snow on the Muzelle (3500m).

Although we're not opening for skiing at Toussaint a friend has hiked/skinned up to the glacier and told me there is a fair bit of new snow up there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
thanks for the updates, much appreciated
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi Claude. Thanks for updates. Couple of easy Q's for you; Is Pierre Grosse going to be enclosed cabin or open chair like Diable and where exactly is its starting point? Thanks. (see you in January)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Pollyperks, Yes see you then. It's an 8 man gondola, it starts down the Gours (Fee 1) about where Chalance finishes I think although I haven't been down there.

As there is a lift running to 2600m for walkers and mountain bikers this week I took a ride up today and walked back down, Snow starts at about 2700m, but not a lot, and looking up to glacier it looks ok although I believe snow levels up there are still very low. Photo too of bottom of new Cretes chair.

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rained non stop for about 36 hours now. In the brief moments when I can actually see up the mountain the snow line is down to about 2000m. Due to have a lot of rain/snow this week and I think we'll get the first snow in resort tonight.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow settled down to about 1750m, just above town. Lots more forecast this week.
snow report
Rained much of the day and night and started to snow down here during the night. Not much this low, there will have been a lot more higher. Much more to come this week.

snow report
The Muzelle looking better with snow and sunshine.

snow conditions
Major, major dumpage yesterday and overnight. Blue sky now. I need to try to get down to Bourg d'oisans otherwise I'd get the snow shoes or touring skis out, tomorrow perhaps. Can't get on my balcony to take a photo atm, it's being renovated.

This was about 6pm yesterday, a lot more fell after.

http://youtube.com/v/q-4dHwmikFw
snow report
Hopefully it will keep it up as our first visit starts on 12th December!
snow report
Hope it keeps up too. We're arriving 6th of December
snow report
Very, very nice, lots of fluffy snow. I've seen a couple of nice videos from locals who've managed to get up by whatever means.

snow conditions
Decided to go out on the snowshoes today, on Vallée Blanche. Up to about 1950m or so. Snow is pretty deep up there especially when I went down a path where no one had been.

snow report
Very heavy snow expected this afternoon and tonight. It's very cold and windy now with clouds shrouding the mountains. Expected to affect low altitudes, Orange alert, with lorries banned on most motorways in Isere, Savoie and further afield. I'm battening down the hatches Shocked
ski holidays
Big, big dump yesterday. From midday to the early hours. I went out for dinner last night and there was already a lot on the ground when I returned about 10.30. A couple of shots from my balcony this morning.

ski holidays
Hi, So no Valle Blanche access for me this Christmas? Did I read that correctly?
snow report
Hi, So no Valle Blanche access for me this Christmas? Did I read that correctly?
snow report
@Whackerlondon, Vallee Blanche will be open this winter but not via the Super Venosc chair which doesn't exist for the moment. Via Vallee Blanche chair only. Hopefully open at Christmas, depends on snow conditions.
snow conditions
Tracked out even though the lifts aren't open yet Very Happy

We had a little more snow on Friday night but it's been very cold keeping the snow in good shape. Cannons have been running up there too.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I have been sent various pics of L2A in recent days and it is looking great. I am so looking forward to Christmas. Do you mind giving me some info on the Pierre gross chair, I am guessing piste maps are not yet updated? Where will it go to/from, and the `Crete’s chair might not be finished for season opening? Sorry if not posting in the right place, an new to posts etc etc
snow report
https://www.les2alpes.com/fr/glisse/plan-des-pistes-de-ski.html

Latest piste map shows where Pierre Grosse telecabine runs to/from. It starts part of the way down Fee 1. To get there ski down Fee 1 from Toura (2600m). It finishes adjacent to the top of the Signal chair.

Cretes 8 man chair will be open. It was almost finished last time I was up there a couple of weeks ago. It is pivotal to accessing many parts of the mountain.
latest report
Claude B wrote:
Tracked out even though the lifts aren't open yet Very Happy

That image is crazy !!

Today in Serre Che we skinned up the Casse du Boeuf which is one of the main resort pistes in the valley, and only two others had been down it!!!

It's probably because there is so much other ski tour terrain around and we opted for in resort touring today as we thought many of the routes up from the Lautaret would be tracked out like in your image after the weekend.
latest report
Probably more tracked on Valentin just 1 hour up, nearly 2 to get onto the Diable (pictured). Quite a lot on Vallee Blanche too.
ski holidays
Was talking to a couple of guys I know this evening who are working on the Cretes lift. They've finished hanging the chairs on the cables today. A couple of days of testing and it's all finished.
snow report
Great info, thank you very much.
latest report
Had 1cm in resort overnight on Thursday. Weather has been pretty pants all weekend. Cloud and some rain in resort as its warmer but there would have been a little more snow higher. Had planned to ski Alpe d'huez today but not worth it in this weather.

Looking good for opening on Saturday Very Happy I'll have to wait though as heading to Provence for the weekend, Olympique Marseille v Stade Brestois 29 Friday evening Very Happy will get on the snow Monday or Tuesday.
latest report
Hello!
If we were to stay in venosc village how long does it take to get to the slopes? Is there much walking in ski boots required once get to top of gondola from the village?
Bringing some beginners with us
snow report
@Snowysarah, The gondola takes about 10 minutes. It's less than 10 minutes from the top to the Diable lift. Whereabouts in Venosc? The village itself is built on a steep slope with the gondola station at the bottom.

There are places near to the Diable lift where you can leave, skis, boots, etc.

Voici les nouveaux horaires de la télécabine de Venosc pour cet hiver 2019 -2020

Du 30 novembre au 21 décembre : 7 h - 10 h et 16 h 30 - 19 h
Du 22 décembre au 25 avril : 7 h - 19 h 30
snow conditions
Turned warmer here last couple of days. Shouldn't harm snow higher up though. Snow forecast for the Thursday, Friday and early next week.
ski holidays
I know it's fairly unlikely that anyone will be affected but .... The road between Bourg d'oisans and here D1091 will be closed between 9pm and 6am from Friday to Monday next week while they work on a tunnel.
ski holidays
Thanks for your reply Claude!
It’s an 8 min drive from Vénosc.
So do you have to walk from top of gondala to Diable lift? And that’s 10 mins?

We are looking for some decently priced accommodation for 11 in Feb half term. Any ideas?

are the queues at half term horrendous? I’ve never had to go skiing in half term (15-22 Feb) before so am bracing myself
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy