Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Saalbach - Hinterglemm - Leogang - Fieberbrunn 2019/20 Official Unofficial Thread

Poster: A snowHead
@Yorksboy, Will start it at the beginning of September/autumn. Seems appropriate.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tatmanstours wrote:
@Yorksboy, Will start it at the beginning of September/autumn. Seems appropriate.

Good plan - will be nice to look forwards to a new season
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Update on the new run to Swips

Lot of building work going on at the Soul House, hopefully an improvement to their toilets!

The road is currently diverted as the put the new bridge in for the road and the piste will go under it.

Couldn’t see how it drops down beyond the bridge, the small stall that sells gluhwein in the current space will be back in it’s usual spot, he owns the land, should add an interesting element to the end of the run.

snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@JimboS, I have stayed at Hotel Kristiana on 3 occasions, very good hotel, recommended and only short distance from Kohlmais or Bernkogel lifts
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The bar at the top of the 12er Kogel is building a small extension!

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Unfortunately we I couldn't get 5 rooms in the Kristiana so have ended up down the hill in the Berger Sporthotel. I hope we don't regret it as it has some grim reviews, but hey ho, its only a boys trip where we are trying to keep the cost down and creature comforts are not top of the list of priorities.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JimboS wrote:
Unfortunately we I couldn't get 5 rooms in the Kristiana so have ended up down the hill in the Berger Sporthotel. I hope we don't regret it as it has some grim reviews, but hey ho, its only a boys trip where we are trying to keep the cost down and creature comforts are not top of the list of priorities.

I haven't stayed at the Berger Sporthotel myself. However, I spent a week last season skiing with a group from the UK (one of the group is a work colleague). I didn't hear any complaints from them about the hotel at all. It is a nice central location. I have read on here that rooms at the front of the hotel can be noisy later on at night. So ask for quiet rooms. But it is possible that some of the noisier late night activities may be missing this coming season.

There is a table dancing bar in the basement - but I'm sure you've already found out about that.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Update on the piste to Swips girlie bar, not the greatest, the road you see in front of the bridge is temporary while they complete the ski underpass.

ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
The bottom section looks interesting!

I’m guessing the gluhwein stall will squeeze in on the lefthand of the picture

snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@radar, If this gets as messed up as the one next to the Residence Saalbach then it's going to be interesting. Looking forwards to testing it out in December.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@radar, Many thanks for the update photos, I visit Saalbach every year so I’m really interested to see any new developments.

Although this is only a small link between two lifts, I think it is very significant and will be a great help: Even by early afternoon the Bernkogel slope can get very soft, and I have often wanted to nip over to the Schattberg Lift as that run is North facing, and is always at least firm. But being lazy, the trek down through the village has always put me off, especially as one may only get two or three runs in before closing time.

But this way, with the new link, it will be easy.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Saw on Facebook this morning that Saalbach is considering its guidelines for next season and will announce them next week.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Suspect it's going to be tough for the bars but should provide good opportunities for locals to ski.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Safety guidelines for winter 20/21 have been published on www.saalbach.com

https://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/ski-resort/through-the-winter-safely

With a link to the lift company's guidelines

https://www.saalbach.com/en/winter/ski-resort/through-the-winter-safely-alpincard

No real surprises in it. I'd say as long as everyone is sensible they should be no great problems.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
As @Yorksboy, says, no great surprises. The most interesting and perhaps controversial bit was, “Après ski and entertainment in winter 2020/21 will be quieter, more comfortable and more dignified”. Not sure how I’m supposed to get Mrs TT to be quiet and dignified.

On a rather depressing note, I’ve heard on the grapevine that one of our favourite village hostelries has become a Covid19 bankruptcy casualty and is to close. I won’t say any more until I’ve confirmed it. It’s of course predictable that some establishments that are mainly indoors will struggle to remain viable, whereas others that have open air bar areas may well flourish at the expense of the former.
ski holidays
positive news that saalbach is getting a plan so that it will be skiing this coming season albeit with some basic restrictions and rules.No doubt they will alter as time moves on. It is still difficult to book and support our favorite place .At the moment arranging travel is not possible due to fo advice with insurance companies not covering travel arrangements in advance unless fo advice on the day you book is ok. Its been the case that summer bookings to saalbach has had a hotel policy of free cancellation if you cant travel or if circumstances make your booking impossible. As yet having asked our usual couple of hotels they cannot say what their policy will be other than a month in advance so atm its still wait and see , Although a couple of the booking sites are offering reasonable cancellation terms though reckon they are open to abuse.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy