Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone bought anything from SnowInn?

Poster: A snowHead
I've found a very good deal on a website called SnowInn,
I've never heard of them before and although there are plenty of Reviews on their site, you never know Puzzled

Has anyone bought from them before?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just use search here. One thread when searching "snowinn" is

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3207035&highlight=snowinn#3207035

There seem to be several others.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
check trust pilot...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes. Worked well for me but I'm aware it wasn't so good for others.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My experience echoes @altis’s
I’ve always received what I ordered, and condition of kit has been fine, but typically after much longer delivery times than stated - I’d avoid them if I needed something in a hurry. Also you have to bear cost of return yourself so it would get expensive if you were buying to try something. I avoid them unless I absolutely cannot find the item elsewhere.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
yep, fine, and also from Bike Inn which is same people.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've bought two or three things from them. Dispatch was very slow on one of the items, but it did get to me after three weeks (I'd take their stock level info with a pinch of salt), and I'm aware that other people have had a less smooth experience and cancelled orders (for a full refund I believe). I'd buy from them again because their prices seem to be very competitive, but not for something which needed a timely delivery and I'd use a credit card just in case.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 20-03-19 23:43; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yea I almost treat it like ordering frim sportspursuit, good deals and it will arrive.... Eventually!

Definitely not a company to order a critical piece of gear from a week before your ski holiday!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have done but not recently. Arrived with no issues but as above, not exactly quickly an delivery wasn't cheap either as I recall.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for your input guys and gals...

I was concerned that they may not exist all, as there is no phone number on the site and other points.

I see they are in Spain, I'm not sure if I'll purchase from them or not.

I don't really need a new pair of skis but the price is so tempting that it almost makes sense.
I'll sleep on it.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@DrLawn, I have ordered 3 things from them, 3 different orders, only 1 arrived, the rest were cancelled after a number of weeks waiting and money refunded, .........eventually.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
If they were in the UK then Trading Standards would be all over them.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bought my new boots from them at significantly lower price than anywhere else. A relative also bought new boots and then got the inners heat molded locally, saved a fortune. Slow delivery, three weeks, but they point this out at the start (boots came from Spain) and keep you updated of progress. Even emailed a picture of the parcel as it started being shipped. So, although others have had problems they have at least two satisfied customers here.

Edit. One pair of boots was a poor fit and they took them back with no hassle and full refund before a different pair were ordered
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bought a pair of gloves from them a couple of weeks ago. Arrived on time. No problem at all. But if you want to return anything you have to pay to send it back to Spain.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@DrLawn, I happened to ask my husband this afternoon if he had heard of SnowInn after reading this, and he said yes of course he had. He bought his previous skis from them, very swift service and they were delivered from Spain to where we were living at the time in France.
snow conditions
Ordered a thermal top from them before Xmas. Took so long to arrive that I was then away for a month when they did try to deliver. Still awaiting for a refund almost 4 months on. Avoid at all costs I would say!
latest report
I've used them and sail inn. Very good prices but as others have said if you need to return the item you are sending them back to Spain at your own expense. Item did take about 2/3 weeks to arrive. I used paypal so was able to claim the return cost back through that (I think up to about £15, which was fine for me as I ordered ski mittens so the return cost was within that but I assume skis etc would be a lot more costly.)
snow report
I have ordered a few times slow delivery but very good prices.
They have a rebound/returns service which is not too bad for returning small items but i ordered a pair of poles and managed to select wrong size had to arrange for return to Spain which was quite costly. Refund also took quite a while to process. Having said that I would order again.
snow report
I've bought one item from them which came, but took a long time.

I've bought from Bergzeit and Blue Tomato several times because they appear to be more reliable.
snow report
I bough goggles + 1 spare lens + glove liners at October 17, more than 1 month after, I still haven't received Confused
Talked with them and they just said "it's taking more time than expected".
The status on the site says: "In transit to our dispatch centre".

My holidays are in the 3rd week of December, if still doesn't arrive by the first week, I'll have to cancel Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
Their service is extremely poor - I would avoid
latest report
Pffff... one of the items was supposed to be "ready for shipping" yesterday, but today it was "In transit to our dispatch centre" again Evil or Very Mad
Just cancelled, hope there is no problem with the refund, gonna wait next week for the possible black Firday deals somewhere Confused
snow conditions
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SNOWINN, I TRIED TO SAVE A BUCK AND IT WAS THE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER DONE. I LIVE IN NJ, BOUGHT A SNOWBOARD ON DEC 2ND. ESTIMATED DELIVERY BETWEEN DEC 9TH-14TH. TODAY IS THE 16TH AND THE TRACKING SAYS MY BOARD HASN'T MOVED IN 6 DAYS AND WHEN I REACHED OUT TO SNOWINN THEY TOLD ME IT HAS TO PASS THROUGH CUSTOMS WHICH COULD TAKE UP TO 60 DAYS. I CANT RETURN THIS BOARD UNTIL I GET AND AND PAY OVER $100 TO SHIP I BACK. THESE PPL ARE CROOKS DONT BE LIKE ME. THESE PPL ACROSS THE POND ARE RETARDED AND I HATE THEM
ski holidays
Will it have been delayed while Customs work out how much import tax to charge you ....?
latest report
@DrLawn, I've used them for bits and bobs, service OK took longer than it said but always arrived, wouldn't use them for anything of value.
ski holidays
Hi @Markymark29,
I think I was going to buy a pair of skis off them nearly 2 years ago now.

They had a great offer on Salomon X-Max 12 skis for €200 free delivery ... Great Skis (list about £600)
I was going to get them delivered to Switzerland at my daughters place and her to put them on a train to GVA so I could just pick them up at the airport and send them back to her by train.
I'd only have to do it a couple of times and I'd have paid for them over the price of the rental.

But I didnt bother .. Confused
latest report
Fuzzynuts123 wrote:
DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SNOWINN, I TRIED TO SAVE A BUCK AND IT WAS THE DUMBEST THING IVE EVER DONE.

If that's the dumbest thing you've ever done, I'd say, lucky you! Little Angel

As for SnowInn, ordered several times, all good. What one needs to understand is that they are not a normal online retailer but in the destocking business. That explains their prices and delivery times.
snow conditions
I ordered a pair of skis from them a couple of years ago. They arrived a week later, no problems whatsoever.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Welcome to SnowHeads FuzzyNuts ...
Gosh you do type BIG dont you?

You must have chased SnowInn on Google and ended up here at the font of all knowledge. Very Happy
ski holidays
I must have a peek at SnowInn again
latest report
Bought a jacket from them 17th December last year, it arrived before Christmas (just).
ski holidays
I'm guessing Fuzzybrain123 is in the US and has ordered something from Europe and now needs to pay import tax. Which will be a new and exciting experience for Brits soon too. Not such a bargain after all. Having said that, from what I have heard SnowInn were never likely to win any customer service awards anyway.
ski holidays
queenie pretty please wrote:
I'm guessing Fuzzybrain123 is in the US and has ordered something from Europe and now needs to pay import tax........

No, thats not the case. I export to the USA all the time with FEdEx/UPS delivering in 2/3 working days. Sceptics can import up to $800 value in a single shipment (inc the carriage charge) before any fees apply. And when fees do apply its 3% duty, a $10 clearance fee plus the local sales tax which at most is just over 9% but in most states is 4-5% and in a few states there's no tax. So as they're buying VAT free they can make big savings, especially at the moment when the $ is strong. If fees do apply then the courier company will process that with no delay at all to the parcel delivery.

As I said earlier in this post, if Snowinn were UK company then Trading Standards would be all over them due to them taking orders/payment for stuff they often don't have and then saying its shipped etc. I'm not aware of anyone that's lost money but it can often take weeks before they admit they haven't got it or it hasn't shipped and they issue a refund.

And they're not just a destocking company, they're are a full retailer in their own right with direct supplies from the main manufacturers of the latest stuff but they're nowhere near as competitive on the that.
ski holidays
@spyderjon, I stand corrected. A former colleague of mine once ordered some cheap computer equipment online from a US retailer. He ended up getting stung for import taxes and then when receiving the goods found that they were not compatible for what he needed. An expensive error!
latest report
queenie pretty please wrote:
.....A former colleague of mine once ordered some cheap computer equipment online from a US retailer. He ended up getting stung for import taxes and then when receiving the goods found that they were not compatible for what he needed. An expensive error!

No, you're right in that importing goods from the US in to the UK will be expensive. I think our limit is £35 worth (inc the shipping cost) before duty and VAT is due, with the VAT being payable on the goods value and the duty. And declaring the item as a gift makes no difference. And deliberately understating the value is a Federal offence in the US and a criminal offence in the UK. It used to work out that what you paid for the item in $ is what you paid in £ in the end but that was when the exchange rate was better so now stuff is even dearer. US residents are really lucky to be able to bring in up to $800 worth as the vast majority of countries have similar limits to ours.
ski holidays
Avoid. I ordered a thermal top from them. Out when delivery was attempted. sent back to them. Refused a refund until they received the return. Said they never received it. Gave up chasing them in the end. Safer to support UK retailers with a better record?
ski holidays
Pretty much as per others, I ordered some bindings that I didn’t need for a while, but the dates just kept slipping and slipping, with excuse after excuse. I think they operate a model where certain items they never hold stock and hope they can somehow get them discounted. If they can’t get the price they need, they just keep giving you excuses.
When it was nearing 7-8 weeks I cancelled the order and got a refund eventually.
latest report
Found this thread after I'd ordered a pair of skis but all good.
Atomic Redster X7 WB for £282.50 delivered.
Ordered over the weekend a week ago arrived Monday. UK VAT paid so no nasty surprises.
Googled for discount codes before I ordered and got myself another 5% off.
latest report
@abv, Good result :: You could also post your result in the thread

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4741182&highlight=ekosport#4741182 (a lot of talk about buying skis post brexit..)
ski holidays
@abv, nice one, I’ve always found them ok, glad it worked out.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy