Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Instructor recommendation for Adult with Down Syndrome in Morzine?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wondering if anyone can recommend a great instructor for my sister for a week in March in Morzine? She’s very fit and switched on, but would ideally benefit from someone who is patient and will safely challenge her to move out her comfort zone.
She’d prefer lessons in the morning so she can maybe ski with the rest of us in the afternoons (or enjoy a drink in the chalet hot tub!)
We are staying in a chalet with driver service so could start lessons anywhere easy to get to.
Many thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm assuming from the date you have been on your holiday by now but on the off chance you or anyone else has the same question again I can recommend Les Gets Ski (LGS). My special needs (adult) sister has had a lot of one to one lessons with them over several years and they have always been excellent with her. She mainly had Mark, who I think may not be there at the moment, but has also had Andy and Tim for the odd session.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I had lessons in Morzine with Annie Donnovan http://www.anniedonovan.co.uk/ last year. She was very patient with our group of skiers and definitely challenged us all to progress with our skiing. Annie also works with https://www.freedom2ski.com/ and I had lessons with another one of their instructors later in the season (also recommended). However, should note, I'm just a nervous skier, no additional needs.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I am so sorry I missed this thread. Hope all went well. As Mah says above Morzine/PDS is superb for skiers with disabilities. I took my daughter Mia (she is D/S) who was 13 at the time (Jan 19). Went with Huw from New Gen (who came to our apartment the night before to meet with her and reassure her) and basically had her skiing unaided on easy greens and blues after 5 private lessons. Just brilliant.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy