Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St Moritz Conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, we’re thinking of doing St Moritz 12 January and wonder of conditions just now. We’d like good cover and some off piste but maybe that’s a bit optimistic. We know Austria is doing much better although we’ve done and enjoyed St Anton quite a bit and ClubMed looks a good option.
Any help very welcome.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I’ll be in St Moritz from 16th Jan. Would also love to hear from snowHeads in resort their take on current conditions. All the areas from top to bottom please!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Check out Alpinforum (German speaking, use Google Translate as needed): the "Engadin St Moritz 2018/2019" thread is full of near-live accounts. Tried to link without success but should be in the first Google hits.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks balso. Much appreciated. That helped with some good info although mostly just before more snow arrived so that’s favourable too.

I managed to ask St Moritz tourist info about all levels and off piste although that might have been over egged a touch..

“The skiing conditions are great. We have up to 150cm of cold deep powder in the ski resorts. Our covered slopes are much better than in Austria, trust me. our slopes are really great!”

“Wow. That sounds impressive. So it’s good off piste and at lower levels too ?”

“Yes it is! For both, beginner and advanced Level.”

It’s a dilemma!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
St Moritz isn’t far from Davos I don’t think and I can personally attest to the fact that the snow in Davos is incredible. There’s about as much fresh snow as you could have without it causing the transport and closure difficulties which Austrian resorts are currently dealing with.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I wouldn't read much into proximity to Davos. I think St Moritz is just far enough further south that it may not have got anything like as much snow as Davos.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Viv, After much debate we went for Ischgl and will hopefully do St M another time. Although it now seems St M might have been a better choice after all !
Enjoy Davis. It sounds fab.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
paulmags wrote:
Thanks balso. Much appreciated. That helped with some good info although mostly just before more snow arrived so that’s favourable too.

I managed to ask St Moritz tourist info about all levels and off piste although that might have been over egged a touch..

“The skiing conditions are great. We have up to 150cm of cold deep powder in the ski resorts. Our covered slopes are much better than in Austria, trust me. our slopes are really great!”

“Wow. That sounds impressive. So it’s good off piste and at lower levels too ?”

“Yes it is! For both, beginner and advanced Level.”

It’s a dilemma!

I was there until 4th. Can confirm this was not true.

We had guides (until 2nd), cars and the whole valley to choose from and struggled to find decent (non wind affected) snow.

Recent storms (and the storm as we left) may have changed this, but don’t believe everything you hear from tourist information!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks recz, that’s interesting. I expected the tourist info to be optimistic... but they have been extreme or indeed quite ridiculous!
Hopefully you had a good trip.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy