Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Monterosa: Champoluc, Gressoney, Alagna

Poster: A snowHead
Seems a bit snowy at the moment Shocked

snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Superb... new lifts and loads of snow, only a few weeks to wait...14 th january
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Superb... new lifts and loads of snow, only a few weeks to wait...14 th january
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@admin, where are the two parallel lifts, don't remember anything like that 2 years ago?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
new lifts on the crest..!!. whole new station at the bottom of champoluc, which now goes right upto the ostafa lift so no more walking, http://www.champoluccrest2018.com/ click on 'mulitmedia' for details
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@yorkshirelad, good news....am booked in March with a group, won't miss that uphill walk and second queue. Lifts open 30th Nov, looking very tempting to drive down if the northern alps don't get up to speed.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@polo, hardly “uphill” nor far...

And the 2nd queue will still be there.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Having skied there last season that sounds like a good infrastructure improvement, there are other lift layouts that seem badly designed i.e. when you get off the Gressoney cable car you have to walk a similar distance to the chair that heads back toward Champoluc, not a big deal but when you get older and just doing the week a year thing you do notice these little hikes, the bending to pick up skis etc more and more. wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@under a new name, yeah fair enough, but it is definitely uphill, albeit gradual, certainly more uphill than say, I dunno, the top of Chavannes Express Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Without doubt an improvement. Less so the proposed (voted on) traffic management changes...

And don’t talk to me about rubbish collections...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Not hving to walk from crest to ostafa is a big boost for as now i dont have to carry my skis as well as the wifes...result
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
More lifts out of alagna as well and new lifts uoto the belvadere run...about time, also some mods to the lift upto betterforca from gressoney
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Not having to walk from crest to ostafa is a big boost for me as now i dont have to carry my skis as well as the wifes...result
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I’ll be there on December 15th just after the new Crest lift opens.
I’m keen to keep an eye on ny snow over the next month.
Where do the op get the pictures on your first post?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@yorkshirelad, what new lifts are these? Added cabins on the line out of Alagna but no new lifts... sadly nothing done to Belvedere either I don’t believe - long overdue! ... other additional water storage above Frachey for cannons.
ski holidays
Anyone there now? I’m arriving Saturday 15th and keen to know conditions
snow report
It said belvedere had had work done...its on the monterosa website in the news section, lots of big and little upgrades it says...
ski holidays
@yorkshirelad, I coudn-t find that myself... little upgrades don't help they need a new chair...
ski holidays
Anyone in Monterosa at the moment to give an update on conditions please ?? Smile
ski holidays
@doogo, last week pistes were briliant despite no new snow. Offpiste very hard - went 2 days with a guide and it was was super hard, ice everywhere as any loose snow was scraped away by high winds.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 16-01-19 14:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Quote:

loose snow was scraped away

As it quite often the case...
snow conditions
@mooney058, thanks for the update ..... grrrr...... now I've got a choice to make 2 weeks out from a short ski break - stick with Champoluc or upsticks and go for the more snowsure (but less interesting) Cervinia .....
latest report
@doogo, absolutely no reason that Cervinia will be any better. Arguably worse.
snow conditions
@doogo, I had a brilliant time, pistes condition was very good. It can get windy, but it can get worse - you could be snowed in like in Austria. I had a super week and most of the time it was sunny
ski holidays
@doogo, +1 for Champoluc / Gressoney. Far far more interesting and charming than Cervinia. I don’t get folks’ fascination with Cervinia - worst view of the Matterhorn, soulless and lots of mundane wide runs above the tree line.
latest report
And Cervinia is not any more snow sure.

OK, there's a glacier which means summer skiing (or used to) but if the problem's been wind, which is not at all unlikely, why would one think it would be any better?
ski holidays
You’ve two weeks before your trip, anything can happen with the weather. Relax and go to Champoluc
ski holidays
franga wrote:
I don’t get folks’ fascination with Cervinia - worst view of the Matterhorn, soulless and lots of mundane wide runs above the tree line.

Run down from the top to resort with Alpenglow on Matterhorn is one of the best single runs I've done
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The snow line when we arrived in Gressoney was at about 1750m, maybe higher. For all the snow falling in Switzerland and Austra, there wasn't a lot in Italy. Artificial snow on many slopes, blown or swept away early in the day leading to some dicey conditions.
snow conditions
Anyone in resort at the moment? Interested to know snow conditions, and if its worth paying extra on lift pass to access Monterosa Freeride Paradise .
My guess from snow reports is probably not?
snow report
@mooney058, @franga, thanks folks for the reassurance - taking the plunge tomorrow and can’t wait - sure as the saying goes, a bad day on the piste (& I’m not expecting it) beats the best day in the office
snow conditions
And I’ve one final question? Is there a bar in town where I can watch England being beaten on Saturday evening in Landsdowne Road?
latest report
@doogo, .....there's no bar in the world where you'll see Ireland beat England on Saturday...because it won't happen!!!!! Sorry couldn't resist it...very possibly will happen.Enjoy
ski holidays
@Tomahawk Tone, "Freeride Paradise" is just the brand adopted by Alagna. You can pay €2 extra per day to access the Punta Indren lift. As you won't really have a view on conditions till you get up there (and obviously, ask at the desk if it's actually opening) seems like a no brainer.

@doogo, Lo Bistrot opposite the Crest bubble often has sports on TV but whether they'll be able to or want to show that I have no idea. It's often more football.
ski holidays
@lambert, I’m being silly optimistic !! But it should be a cracking game !!

@under a new name, thanks for that - I’ll keep my fingers crossed!!
snow report
Just back, and the on piste conditions were great. It was very cold so snow was in good condition. Off piste, I'd say not good, but some snow is due. Gordon's pub for the rugby in Staffal maybe for the thrashing?
snow report
The snow arrived last night and continued all day - wonderful resort - don’t know why it isn’t more popular - we had the slopes to ourselves yesterday (pre snow but still in good condition on artificial snow) and today (everything around frachey in the trees was immense fun - about 20cm fresh snow and all the seasonaires out in force playing happily!! Tomorrow should be more of the same - small amounts of snow forecast but mainly cloudy - if they bash the main reds off the top it is going to be cruising heaven !! Am a convert / this place kicks its larger uglier sister cervinia’s backside !!
snow conditions
doogo wrote:
And I’ve one final question? Is there a bar in town where I can watch England being beaten on Saturday evening in Landsdowne Road?

Guess you didn't find one!! Laughing
ski holidays
Well it served me right ..... blind optimism (and bullishness) doesn't sit well with the Irish ..... rolling eyes .... but as a final shout out for Champoluc, the match was on in Lo Bistrot, there was a decent atmosphere in there and they serve really good free nibbles around 5pm to eat with some beers - so big thanks for that !! I have to say, Monterosa/Champoluc/Gressoney was a revelation - the best kept secret - wonderful place, excellent runs and even on a busy Saturday, still minimal queues.

My wife and I also splashed out on the new CampZero Active hotel which was 5* in every aspect, most particularly in the personal service of the staff (all of whom were super friendly), the most delicious breakfasts in the mornings and the phone-in shuttle service in the hotels array of Jeeps at any hour of the day from 8am - 11pm. Wonderful all round .... now shhhhh, don't lets make this place too public .....
ski holidays
We go every year... never disappoints..

Although looks like inghams may not have the hotel de champoluc next year !!!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy