Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone bought anything exciting for this season?

Poster: A snowHead
MikeyK wrote:
Yesterday walked out of Ellis Brigham in Cas with a Ride TwinPig and some Burton Malavita bindings, looking forward to shredding on these in few weeks. Decided to hang up my 10 years old Custom FlyingV.

Still taking my Custom and old bindings with me in case I don’t get on with the new board, especially with trying out asymmetric sidecut.

Is that the TSA Outlet?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got a new Thule ski bag. Icebreaker insulated mid layer. Santa got me some Dolomite insulated walking boots because I go to the dolomites and stand around a lot.

Also Patagonia Jacket in the summer sale Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes, with this weather bunch of cycling gear ...
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jebroni3_16 wrote:
MikeyK wrote:
Yesterday walked out of Ellis Brigham in Cas with a Ride TwinPig and some Burton Malavita bindings, looking forward to shredding on these in few weeks. Decided to hang up my 10 years old Custom FlyingV.

Still taking my Custom and old bindings with me in case I don’t get on with the new board, especially with trying out asymmetric sidecut.

Is that the TSA Outlet?

Hi, yes it is, it’s in the Xscape.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
MikeyK wrote:
jebroni3_16 wrote:
MikeyK wrote:

Is that the TSA Outlet?

Hi, yes it is, it’s in the Xscape.

Thanks for replying. Is there much reduced stuff in there?

Been thinking about making a trip up from South Brum but wasn't sure if I could justify it Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jebroni3_16 wrote:

Been thinking about making a trip up from South Brum but wasn't sure if I could justify it Puzzled

From what I have seen, most of it is 19/20 gear, although i only went in to look at boards, so not sure on the rest of stuff. Best bet is to wait towards end of season reductions, unless you want something now.

I'm going to wait few months to get some new clothes, maybe new goggles in the end of season sales.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I got some new Scott skis - they're end of line from 17/18 so much reduced! The boys also have some new (to them) skis too. I am hoping all this extra clobber will fit in the car for HT so we don't have to get a roof box and revise the Eurotunnel booking as car+box would be higher than 1.85m!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I finally got a Rad-Air Tanker 201 (to replace the aging 6'7" Lib Tech Doughboy I've had since the 90's). Now, just a matter of waiting for decent powder...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Load of diamond files from Spyderjon, mainly to keep the evergrowing fleet of kit belonging to Always29 and the kids in tune.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Whats new for this season.

A couple new base & mid layers. A new wooly hat. A low light lens for the goggles and I've upgraded the camera to a GoPro Hero8.

This is why I ski in January.....any longer....I'd be spending more money Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
MikeyK wrote:
jebroni3_16 wrote:

From what I have seen, most of it is 19/20 gear, although i only went in to look at boards, so not sure on the rest of stuff. Best bet is to wait towards end of season reductions, unless you want something now.

I'm going to wait few months to get some new clothes, maybe new goggles in the end of season sales.

Sounds like it might be worth a phone call at the very least. Thanks.

Don't know if you've already got any particular goggles in mind, but I am a HUGE fan of Anon's magnetic range.

I bought Anon M3 with MFI (Magnetic Facemask Integration) at the end of the season before last from Snow & Rock, primarily for the ease of changing lenses, but with the added bonus of the balaclavas and neckwarmers that attach to them. Find they're much more effective at covering my face, and much much easier to manoeuvre with my gloves or mitts on too.

I think I paid £110 towards the end of the season, but last year this came down to as low as £80 (which included the goggles, 1 lens and 1 facemask) and they then did another 15% off too.

Considering the best lenses are £70 retail, that was a ridiculously good deal.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@jebroni3_16 Yeah, I am looking into getting the magnetic ones, seem to be so nice for quick lens change.

Currently still using Electric Volcom colab EG2s which I absolutely love.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
still rocking old Dragon D1, with not the best way to change lenses - find zero issues changing lenses even on a chairlift, if was to lazy to look at weather forecast before stepping out the chalet.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Only adding it all up now , but DH and I splurged this year, we got a new double ski bag way back in september, then new skis in October, I fell off a piste in flat light in Cervina in late November, so for christmas I got oakley prism hi pink glasses, ( very funny as I had bought him Oakley prism rose, ) for christmas, gift exchange was funny. Then I got new poles in soll, because mine were damaged. So we splurged a lot this year, all set now. ( hadn't bought anything new except socks for years)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Got a new picture jacket.
also got an anon mfi face mask. Then had to play with magnets to get it to fit with my oakleys. But it works a treat now.
ski holidays
MikeyK wrote:
Currently still using Electric Volcom colab EG2s which I absolutely love.

Had mine since 2013 and loved them too then I treated myself in the sales in 2018 and bought the EG3 which are even better. Easier to change lens and greater field of vision so might be worth a look.
snow report
@Gainz, thanks, I've seen them about too, will add to the "post season wishlist"
snow report
Just bought a ski mojo.

Have given up skiing because one of my knees swells up and hurts so much after skiing that I've gone over to the dark side...which still bloomin' well hurts.

Found it on Ebay for a blinding deal and couldn't pass it up.

Now, do I go back to the planks or continue with the tea tray? Laughing Puzzled Laughing
snow report
A pair of emergency backup ski goggles - @ £4.50ea inc. p&p

Vicloon Unisex Snow Goggles https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MDD4MY8?tag=amz07b-21

Cheap means it's just a single lens, with thin black vertical support at centre.
snow report
Touring boots, new.

Touring skis, used once previously. But as I have rented 4 days already. ...

It’s been an expensive few weeks.
snow conditions
Just ordered a pair of Union Strata bindings and a pair of Soloman Hi Fi Boots, it was time to upgrade my gear and thought I'd splash out a bit.
snow conditions
Just saw a sneak peak of the Union Atlas bindings for next season 2020/2021. Looks like that's what I'm going to be upgrading my Union Force to in 2021! Will wait for the sale and snap them up, they look beautiful! And significant redesign, with highback and ankle strap at least undergoing significant changes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7aNZ6ABFE7/
ski holidays
Sport Pursuit are selling Volcom snow gear for mad discounts.

Eg. the Guide 3L Gore Tex Shell (RRP 550) for 200. Many of their GTX gear is more than 50% off. I paid £400 for it in January or something.

Guide GTX pants 170 (RRP 395)
L Gore Tex Jacket 120 (RRP 275)
TDS GTX Jacket 240 (RRP 540)
BL Stretch GTX Jacket 150 (RRP 375)

SportPursuit is a flash sale website that you need to sign up to with your email (nothing else) in order to view items.

Most sizes seemed in stock last night when I first looked at it. But stuff goes quickly.

https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/volcomsnow-jul20?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=w-sp.e-ws.d-20200708.st-UK_EU_AU.m-weekly_opt_in.a-1-1_CRT_Wednesday.%20%281%29
snow conditions
Bought myself a Rome National and Rome Women's Katana bindings - had been wanting to do that for a year and now the money was finally there Smile Also got myself a new jacket (Burton something) and I just looked at my boots and unfortunately discovered I might want to pick up a new pair of those for next season, since they won't hold out much longer I think Sad
snow report
A Ride Superpig snowHead
latest report
I took the head-staggers and bought some skis.

I was gutted when Spyderjon advised me not to use my 2004 Atomic SL 11, as the bindings are no longer indemnified and given his experience with others, may well not be safe. They were 157s, had a turn radius of 12m and were a complete blast.

When I saw some Dynastar Speed Zone 12 Ti in a 158, with a turn radius of 12m and 60% off, I felt they had my name on them - and now they do!

I'm light at 65kg, so don't see me over-powering them - but if I find them too short (unlikely), then I will pass them to my daughter.

My quiver now consists of 2 sets of skis - one set is too long (Scott The Ski in a 180 - which I love); and one set which is too short (which I think I'll love)!

I never was one to conform.
snow report
Nice slide as an freestyler. Very Happy At the great mountains. Oh my love. Cool to be sure that my board will be so good at next season, as it was in this one. Cool
ski holidays
New spark surge bindings to replace a nearly dead set and a new yes optimistic 161 to replace a well used Rossi xv 168

Going to be a very impatient 12 weeks until the lifts open, but got in early on last season sale stuff on the basis that it’s been hard to get new gear elsewhere
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rather liking the Chromapop tech in my new goggles...

Everything else got replaced last year.

But have at least got out on the randos quite often ...
latest report
finally got me a Head Radar helmet. £90 odd in the sales

http://youtube.com/v/lMDv3-xc6NY
snow report
@porkpiefox, how have you found the Superpig?

I only got to try one in the fridge at the Oktobertest; loved it, even on a short 100m choppy slope. I'm looking around for a deal on one now.
ski holidays
tomj wrote:
@porkpiefox, how have you found the Superpig?

I only got to try one in the fridge at the Oktobertest; loved it, even on a short 100m choppy slope. I'm looking around for a deal on one now.

Except for a test play before I bought one, all of my trips were cancelled this year, so it's still waiting to be ridden properly, unfortunately Sad
snow report
@leggyblonde,
Quote:

So what have you bought or are planning to buy for this season?

New Boots and Panties. Very Happy
Some good 'end of the season that barely started' bargains cropping up. First time I've bought ski boots in over a decade.
snow report
@PeakyB, bit weird at the moment, lots of things are hard to come by but then there are a few definite good bargains!
ski holidays
Do need a new jacket - the old TNF one has faded from Lime green to a more Spring Green, whatever waterproofing has been washed through a thousand times or more. Doesn't owe me anything and if I can't find something I like, it'll see one more season.

**update** Well that didn't last long... New jacket from TNF UK website - was £300, reduced to £150 and an additional 10% off on top of that, so £135. SOLD.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 18-03-21 14:05; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I got some new skateboard wheels. Does that count?

Actually, I got some new trucks too Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@admin, sadly a bit wet for Cantelowes today
snow report
@leggyblonde, indeed but that's not even the worst of it... they put an extra fence up for us to jump over
(OK, fine, it keeps the feds out Toofy Grin )
but switched off the drainage pump so bits of it stay flooded after it rains Twisted Evil
The deep end of the bowl really was quite deep the other day: no room for a lack of commitment unless you're up for a paddle!
snow report
@leggyblonde,
Quote:

@PeakyB, bit weird at the moment, lots of things are hard to come by but then there are a few definite good bargains!

Without a scrap of evidence, I imagined production of most snowsports stuff would’ve been similar to a normal season, given much is planned many months ahead.

Then, with the season all but written off completely, loads of stuff would remain unsold. That’s my over simplistic theory anyway.

Very happy with my Atomic boots at the price paid. I really need them and a specific type to suit wide feet, so worth buying now.

But I’m hoping that, after Easter, things like good quality gloves, mitts, gilets, ski trousers and snowHeads neck buffs will be at giveaway prices snowHead
snow report
A new BBQ
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy