Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Sunday

Poster: A snowHead
And my impression is that most of the "nines" event wasn't about competition at all. That was part of the point!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@pam w, indeed, as the athletes said it was a chance to ski for enjoyment and try some new stuff...that Andri Ragettli kiddie is insane though
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Was the "nines" competition / meet (?) really about providing video material for one of those action films that do the rounds at the cinema. The competitive bit of the meeting was just something to hang it all on? Or perhaps it will appear in adverts?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
The nine knights was incredible. It’s all about expression and pushing the boundaries. It’s a shame it didn’t get more coverage.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It amused me that they kept referring to it as the 'Nines' whereas as any fule knows it's the 'Audi Nines' - BBC doing their best to be impartial I guess
https://audinines.com/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@iainm, I liked that Terje seemed to be going out of his way to try and grind their logo off the loop wall.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Richard_Sideways wrote:
@iainm, I liked that Terje seemed to be going out of his way to try and grind their logo off the loop wall.

Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Wouldn't have it in the house since the recruited a presenter from the 'dark side'
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
cameronphillips2000 wrote:
Wouldn't have it in the house since the recruited a presenter from the 'dark side'

You mean they've recruited someone from Sky???
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My sources tell me that Graham Bell and a BBC film crew visited La Thuile today where GB's Jasmin Taylor came 2nd in the Telemark Classic World Cup race. So although this coming Sunday's programme will of course be featuring the Hahnenkamm Men's Downhill from Kitzbuhel there could well be a feature on Telemark racing as well. Madeye-Smiley

Edit: Yes, Jasmin Taylor and Telemark racing is included in this Sunday's programme : https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0c1r52s?fbclid=IwAR27STrmGmey2j8UAFoCzpetRCGlq-symh8nCK_tZFe7_gIZc9XZ8EZNSgA

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 22-01-19 13:48; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Alastair Pink, You would make an excellent presenter should the BBC ever consider telemark to be worthy of the same coverage as skiing n snowboarding; not a tacky label in sight.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@AL9000, Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Great to see Telemark getting national TV exposure. Smile Graham Bell had a go on the Telemark race course and was shattered at the end of it! Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bump.

It's back tomorrow. I know many of you don't like it but for many others it is part of the traditional winter schedule of comfy TV viewing and turned many of us on to skiing.

It'll be interesting to see how they mange to "bring the mountains to us" whilst holed up in Laax. Can't ever complain about more Chemmy on the box Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Great & thanks for telling
ski holidays
Yes, thanks @halfhand. Despite the many exciting social events vying for my presence tomorrow night, I'll turn my back on them all and watch Ski Sunday.
ski holidays
I thought that Chemmy replacing Bell was a temporary thing for this season while he did dancing on Ice, however this article suggests it is permanent. https://www.bbc.com/sport/amp/winter-sports/55580766?
snow conditions
pam w wrote:
Yes, thanks @halfhand. Despite the many exciting social events vying for my presence tomorrow night, I'll turn my back on them all and watch Ski Sunday.

We all have to make sacrifices these days Laughing
ski holidays
@Tubaski, Yes it does seems so.
latest report
@Tubaski, its says this

“Graham Bell, who has been involved in the show for more than 20 years, will miss this series as he will be seen on our television screens taking part in ITV's Dancing On Ice instead.”

So still seems to be saying only missing series?

But does someone know what she means about her metal leg? I assume its some pins in a an old break rather than a full replacement ?
ski holidays
@ster, interesting, I think they have updated that since I first read it this morning...
snow report
It does seem to be the only fix this season & potentially next year as well, will set the recorder, thanks for the update
latest report
@Tubaski, its not the first time some dodgy press release has had to be “clarified”. Didnt Chemmy announce something similar way back when then had to quickly change it?
ski holidays
@ster, Think you are right -- did she say she would be 'lead' presenter or something similar ?
ski holidays
@albob, that sounded right, she seemed to forget she is a stop gap and there was that other snowboarder bloke. Easily done I guess.
latest report
I've not seen anything official about the presenter line up for Ski Sunday 2022. It may depend on how well Chemmy does this year. Together Chemmy and Ed cover skiing and snowboarding and has the female representation that the BBC have been pushing recently, so they may decide to save some money by ditching Graham.

Even if they have privately committed to Graham returning next year, it's better to down play that so Chemmy is a proper lead presenter this year, rather than just a supply.
latest report
Quote:

But does someone know what she means about her metal leg? I assume its some pins in a an old break rather than a full replacement

Plate and pins not a full prosthesis.
snow conditions
Chemmy needs to film the downhill runs though. Always the best bit
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@twoodwar, Covid has put a stop to that this season.
snow conditions
Its back! But no Graham it seems - boo!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/59732486

“Ed Leigh and Chemmy Alcott are back to bring you the latest from the world of winter sports as Ski Sunday returns to BBC TV on Sunday, 2 January.”
snow conditions
ster wrote:
Its back! But no Graham it seems - boo!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-sports/59732486

“Ed Leigh and Chemmy Alcott are back to bring you the latest from the world of winter sports as Ski Sunday returns to BBC TV on Sunday, 2 January.”

Glad it's back on, but gutted no Graham Bell.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy