Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau, Wildschönau, Ski Juwel

Poster: A snowHead
Such confusing times, maybe you should stay longer to justify the quarantine when you get home!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@carolyn, That would be fantastic and is a definite intention for one year, but at the moment I can't take enough time off work at that time of year. Too many clients needing attention. We had been hoping to do a weekend out there in the middle of January - for my "baby" brother's 50th birthday, but that isn't possible now. All date related celebrations are on hold for another year. Both the other brother and I had silver weddings in the last 6 months. He has postponed his planned party until at least next June, and I will have to go out to our favourite restaurant in Portugal next October instead. We'll just have to pretend this year didn't happen.

Quarantine when I get home is no problem when I will be stuck to my computer working long days to make up for a week away. rolling eyes snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Light snow over the last couple of days has us looking much more like winter now. Still making snow across all mountains this morning. Went for a walk and took some pics earlier

Looking towards Lannerkopfl
Lannerkopfl

Austrian school PE lesson?
Austrian-PE

Gondolas all lined up ready
Gondolas

Looking towards Tennladen
20201210-095203

Erik has been busy at Bobo's getting supports in place to cover the decking area to enable Covid friendly drinks
Bobo-039-s

Kinderland ready for Ski school opening planned for 7th Jan
Kinderland
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
It all looks so enticing. Can't wait to get back there again. snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It’s the not knowing that’s so hard. Hope you get over ok I need to see you in the hoodie!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Definitely won't forget to bring it with me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We are heading for lockdown 3 starting on 26th December until 18th January. All hotels and restaurants/bars closed. Non essential shops closed but because skiing is essential ski lifts are open from 24th December snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@Chris_n, and apartments closed? We cancelled our booking at the Brunner apartments in January.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Pamski, holiday let apartments are closed, don't think their owners are allowed either. Anyone coming into the country from virtually anywhere in the world now has a ten day quarantine or 5 with a test.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Chris_n, thanks I thought that was the case. We also cancelled Altenmarkt in January - although appreciate that we would have been cancelled in any case. Just seemed polite to do so and not wait for some remote system to do it.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
It was +10c at 1000m in some parts of Austria today.

Crazy.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
At around 4:30pm yesterday we were told that the whole of Wales is in a new Tier 4 (effectively full lockdown) from midnight last night with no ending in sight. Given the tendency to try to make sure it is more harsh than anywhere else in the UK it will probably at least outlast the NI lockdown of 6 weeks from 28th December. This was as an instant reaction to London and the SE of England having further restrictions and going into the English Tier 4.

As could have been expected all retail parks were jam packed with crowds panic buying for the entire evening yesterday. That will probably lead to an increase in infections and result in an extended lockdown.

Not looking good for getting to Niederau in February, but can only wait and hope things improve with the vaccines getting delivered and used.

At least we are going to have a couple of sunny days over Christmas. Not allowed to go out and enjoy them, but we can look from our windows.

If I don't manage to get my ski trip in February I will definitely try to make it for 2 weeks in 2022. snowHead
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@J Rhiannon, So many people won't take any notice of the rules, if they did we wouldn't be in this mess. We wish you a very merry Christmas, stay safe and see you sometime in the future. Xx
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Auffach & Alpbach opening day today. It's snowing, visibility not good but amazing that the season has begun.
Merry Christmas everyone Razz
snow conditions
Well here’s a turn up, we’ve been given our instructors’ discount lift passes so maybe there will be something later on after all! Watch this space and happy Christmas
snow report
Well let’s hope.
latest report
Been snowing all day too snowHead
snow report
Maybe this will be a good year for snow lasting until well into the spring so that the season can be extended when perhaps restrictions have been lifted.
ski holidays
Good conditions at Auffach today, open to middle station and making lots of snow on the valley run before opening it. Snow making is running everywhere when it is cold enough which is most of the time atm.
Had a walk round Niederau with the dogs this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to see that they have compacted the recent snow on the areas where they don't have massive piles of man made snow.
snow report
It seems lots of work had gone into preparation. I really hope there can be an actual ski season for everyone to enjoy this winter.

I have been looking into insurance today and some companies are starting to provide travel insurance again, although it seems if you want cover when you are going to a country against FCO advice it will still be difficult to get an annual policy but there are now about 4 companies offering the cover for single trips. The Brexit deal being signed seems to be kicking off a new attitude in the insurance market, so maybe in the next few days there will be more changes.
snow report
Happy New Year
Lets pray 2021 is an amazing year. snowHead too snowHead too
latest report
Happy new year Toofy Grin snowHead
snow conditions
Happy new year
ski holidays
Just had an email from Crystal to say my ski trip booked for February is cancelled. They will be in touch to organise an alternative date or a full refund. I will have a look to see if they are taking bookings for late February/ early March, and failing that will probably try to swap it to a 2 week trip next year instead. If I swap to something more expensive than my 1 week this year they will give me 20% of what I paid as an extra discount towards the replacement trip. So that could work out quite well for me.

Disappointing re this year, but not really a surprise. More disappointing still is that I can't go to Portugal instead now as Portugal has banned UK visitors for the time being. Crying or Very sad
snow report
@J Rhiannon, i think after yesterday's announcement it was to be expected. Such a shame though. On a positive note two weeks next year will be awesome. Xx
snow report
Niederau opening moved to 29th January.
ski holidays
Group of 25/30 of us have visited Niederau 1st week in Feb for past 5 years and are gutted that we will not get this year, feel really sorry for the people and businesses of the area and will defintley be back in Feb 2022.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Roll on next Feb for sure
snow conditions
As this winter is on hold and not likely to yield much in the way of ski action, I have been planning a month in the Alpbachtal for the whole of January 22. On current plans, we are going to have an apartment in Reith and buy either the Tirol Ski Card or the Super Ski Card to take advantage of days in Ski Welt, St Johann and Kitzbuhel as well as others and the Ski Juwel, of course. Does anyone know which pass offers the best option? We aim to use the train from Brixlegg to get to other resorts for days out. Thank you.
snow report
If you are planning to visit the resorts mentioned, then more central area ie in Brixen/Kirchberg would be more suitable for accommodation. Its would be quite a train journey to St Johann and back for a days skiing.
ski holidays
jafa wrote:
If you are planning to visit the resorts mentioned, then more central area ie in Brixen/Kirchberg would be more suitable for accommodation. Its would be quite a train journey to St Johann and back for a days skiing.

Thank you. The plan is to spend one night in St Johann and a couple of nights in Kitzbuhel. According to the OBB website, there are regular services from Brixlegg railway station to Westendorf (44 minutes), Brixen (51 minutes), Kirchbeg (55 minutes), Kitzbuhel (1 hour, 5 mins) and St Johann (one hour, 14 minutes). We have a month, we're not a in a hurry, those journey times seem quite reasonable. We've also stayed in Reith im Alpbachtal before and it's spot on for our needs.
snow report
@LOTA, with the Tirol card you also have the option of the whole of Zillertal which is closer than a lot of the others you mention and also easily accessible by train. I believe the Superski card only covers Zillertal Arena and not the rest of Zillertal.
Went to Alpbach a couple of days ago and it seemed strange having so few people about, pistes were perfect.
snow report
@Chris_n, Useful intelligence, thank you. OBB saying Mayrhofen one hour and 24 from Brixlegg and Kaltenbach is 50 minutes so a similar length of journey to those other resorts.
snow report
Niederau not opening until 27th February, the piste machines are working hard preparing the slopes but somehow i think they are wasting their time. They look awesome but only touring skiers are getting the benefit.
ski holidays
Debbie wrote:
Niederau not opening until 27th February, the piste machines are working hard preparing the slopes but somehow i think they are wasting their time. They look awesome but only touring skiers are getting the benefit.

It's easier to maintain that start from scratch. Especially if you have heavy snow fall. I suspect they also want to keep the pistenbully operators employed.
ski holidays
Madeye-Smiley Easter Monday is the last day of the season in Auffach and what a season it has been.
Here's hoping we can all meet up again in December.
snow conditions
So disappointing not to get there this year, but at least I am booked in for a double ski holiday next February to make up for it. We were so lucky we got there everything went wrong last year. Can't wait to see everyone again. Toofy Grin Cool
ski holidays
We have a week booked right at the end of January next year.
snow report
Not weather related but Austrian government plans for winter have been anounced today. Looking very hopeful for an actual winter season. Starting to get excited now!

Open in Chrome to translate.
https://www.tt.com/artikel/30801438/gut-zu-wissen-so-sehen-die-neuen-regeln-fuer-die-wintersaison-aus
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy