Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau, Wildschönau, Ski Juwel

Poster: A snowHead
Let’s hope it’s all over by next season
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Home tomorrow sadly, a few weeks early but never mind its out of our control. Its been a strange season. Here's to the next. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We’ll all be back ready for whatever next season has to offer ❄️⛷
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@carolyn, @Debbie, we had two cracking days in Niederau when we drove over from Kirchberg where we were staying back in January. The sun shone, lovely snow, and at least we can now look back on our Austrian month and be grateful.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Indeed, it’s still the most beautiful place there is! In my humble opinion of course
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Not snow related but just had news that Niederau's first Coronavirus victim Herbert Thaler owner of the Harfenwirt and various other hotels has been discharged from hospital to finish his recovery at home. He thanked everyone who has cared for him and all that have prayed for him.
Well done Herbert!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Chris_n, that’s great news. He was always welcoming to Jumbulance at Sonnschien.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Chris_n, that is good news. Have there been other cases in Niederau?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are currently 8 reported cases in Wildschönau according to the Gemeinde Facebook page. I know there is one in Auffach but not where the others are.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hello, I’m not sure if this is allowed and I have tried to find out without success so apologize in case I’m out of order. I have pistemap hoodies available with Niederau, Oberau, Auffach and Alpbach printed material. If you’re interested please go and have a look www.pisteful.com.

On a seasonal note we are starting the snow dance next week!! ❄️⛷❄️

All the best. Carolyn
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi @carolyn

If you remove the full stop then your link will work.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The hoodies were lovely. Cool So pleased we got them from you.

I booked my Niederau trip for next February a few months ago. Really hoping ski holidays will be allowed to proceed this coming season. Good idea to start the snow dancing well in advance to get a good base ready. Can't wait to get back there again. snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks Mike

www.pisteful.com

Glad you liked them Rhiannon:) I think that apres ski will be different but lifts, Skischool etc should be fine. Gondola is working this summer and we are to have slightly smaller classes with ten folk including instructor. I’ll get dancing next week as planned. Carolyn
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Main concern is having Austria on the exempt list re the FCO travel advice. Can't get travel insurance for a country to which we are advised no unnecessary travel. Risking a trip to Portugal in October, but EHIC card is still of use until the end of December and won't be participating in any winter sport in Portugal. Laughing Will have to quarantine on return unless that changes in the meantime.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yes it’s all very uncertain at the moment. Let’s hope things improve before too much longer
snow conditions
Here here. Im starting the dance too. Cant wait to get back on the slopes. Its been a funny old year but stay safe and follow the rules and we will have another fabulous season.
snow report
It's snowing!!! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
The snow dance is working Very Happy
snow report
Just seen some photos from the Ski Jewel Facebook posts. Exciting snowHead
snow report
Here’s to an awesome winter ⛷❄️
snow report
Had a really nice email from TUI (Crystal Ski) yesterday explaining how they will deal with any issues regarding my ski trip for next year. It's good to know they have a plan and will do all that they can to get me to Niederau in February, but have already put some thought into what they will do if that is not possible. So all I need now is to get the insurance sorted out. Things are starting to fall into place, even though we go into local lockdown here tomorrow evening. snowHead
snow conditions
Sounds like you’re organized:) roll on winter and snow ❄️
snow report
Hi guys, its snowing Very Happy
latest report
Fantastic Madeye-Smiley Looks like the dancing is working.

We’re having one of the sunniest driest days of the year here. Looks really odd with all the autumn leaves on the floor. Seems like the weather doesn’t know what to do this year.
ski holidays
@J Rhiannon, the weather was lovely wasn’t it? Back to the usual damp murk in Cardiff today.
ski holidays
Typical! I’m sitting in Cardiff airport right now looking at the drizzle outside. I’m escaping to work in Portugal for a couple of weeks. 4th attempt this year after all previous flights cancelled.
ski holidays
Have a lovely time in the sun @J Rhiannon. Stay safe
latest report
@Debbie, thanks. It is really lovely out here. Quite similar to home re rules for shopping etc, but fantastic blue skies, 29C (pool water at 21C) and everybody really healthy. So much less stressful here. Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@J Rhiannon, you're making me so jealous Very Happy
ski holidays
Me too!!
snow conditions
Yes, but if I can’t get to Niederau in February after all I will be the jealous one then.

Maybe I will have to come up with a reason why I have to work from Austria in the winter. snowHead
latest report
@J Rhiannon, I'm sure we will see you in February, things will be a little different but we will all have a fabulous time.
snow conditions
It's cold, it's snowing and the snow cannons are on. Happy days Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Sounds lovely. It's piddling down here as usual. I wish I has stayed in Portugal.

I have just paid the balance for my ski trip in February. Now I just need the rules about where you can fly to changed in time - and some travel insurance of course.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the travel insurance from an Austrian company? I couldn't get travel insurance in the UK to go to Portugal in October (and my annual policy was void as Portugal isn't on the air corridor list), but I managed to get it from a Portuguese company. It covered people from outside Portugal (particularly the UK) travelling to Portugal for various lengths of time up to 60 days. It included specific Covid related cover for travel disruptions and for actually getting ill, including flying someone out to help get you home if you got very ill. Cost me 43euro for 11-16 days.

It's good to see some ski racing back on TV again. snowHead
latest report
@J Rhiannon, don't know of any Austrian companies doing what you want (doesn't mean they dont exist).
It is possible to get cover for rescue off the mountain, helicopter etc via the Austrian Alpine Club. This coupled with EHIC for medical needs is enough for a lot of people but doesn't give any cover for cancellation, repatriation etc. Of course EHIC looks unlikely to continue unless you are abroad before the end of the year.
There are a couple of threads in the piste section about this problem with no real answers, who knows what difference vaccination will make.
snow report
The mountain is looking beautiful atm and heavy snowfall is due at the weekend. Very Happy
snow conditions
Getting a little colder here at the moment, unfortunately (or is it fortunately) we missed the large dump of snow that has crippled Ost Tirol over the weekend. Snow cannons running all day at Auffach and Alpbach today.

Latest situation is that skiing can commence from 24th December but hotels and restaurants must remain shut, so locals and day trippers with sandwiches only.

It was announced on Sunday that Auffach and Alpbach (including link lift) will open on 24th December with Niederau following on 7th Jan when tourists are allowed. Noticed yesterday that Crystal are selling holidays from the 9th Jan.
snow report
But no Skischool, such a shame
ski holidays
But it does mean we come out to play!!!
snow report
i have just checked with Crystal again and they are saying that ski holidays to most countries are cancelled up to 3rd January and to a few resorts (mainly in Italy) they are cancelled up to 20th January. They will publish further information as soon as they have it and will still try to contact people at least 2 weeks before their holiday is due to start.

I am quite happy to have to quarantine on return to the UK. I am not sure how much that has a bearing on whether they cancel the trip, or whether they can go ahead if enough people are prepared to do that. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy