Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria: Weather in Niederau, Wildschönau, Ski Juwel

Poster: A snowHead
Just got back. Very slick journey thanks. Took off 10 minutes early, landed 15 minutes early and drove from Birmingham airport to Swansea in 2 hrs 33 minutes.

My luggage was overweight, but luckily the check in girl wasn’t very good at maths and didn’t realise that a bag weighing 17.9kg and another weighing 8.9kg exceeded my allowance of 25kg. She was too busy apologising for not noticing my limit was 25kg instead of 20kg as I had paid extra to cover my boots. Toofy Grin

Lovely trophy. Very good of Thomas to give it to me. I had said I wasn’t expecting anything as he gave me one last year. Wish I knew what my race time was. I like to know what to improve on year on year. I know I wasted quite a bit of time in it, but it would be nice to find out.

Interesting week with all the changes in the weather.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
71 seconds Rhiannon:). Looks like a similar week of weather to come!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. I knew it was slow, so I have work to do for next year.

Weather here has been awful since I got back. So much better there in Niederau this week. I was watching alpine skiing on TV yesterday and it seems everywhere has had the wind blow the snow away to expose ice. There were far more falls than usual. The snow crew in Niederau do a brilliant job in getting it safe for people to go out and ski. snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes we are all very proud of our snow crew:). You were slower than normal due to just that one long turn towards the left half way down. The rest was nicely close to the gates
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Oh well, at least I managed to get back high enough up not to miss the next gate. My left knee was really playing up, which was why I struggled to turn to the right.

Forgot to ask how much those piste map hoodies are and what sizes are available. They look great.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have a look at pisteful.com. All sizes from S to 3XL. Hope your knee settles down soon. Horrible rain yesterday but it’s snowing again today
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have a look at pisteful.com. All sizes from S to 3XL. Hope your knee settles down soon. Horrible rain yesterday but it’s snowing again today
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I saw the clip on Facebook of the gondola flapping around in the wind up at Alpbach. Looked horrendous. Hope things settle down with the new snow today.

I’m going to go back to the doctor with a list of things which confirm my knees are getting worse and try to get him to agree to get the ball rolling for replacing them. When I saw him a couple of weeks ago he thought they weren’t getting worse as I hadn’t been to see him for a year. So I need to start pestering him. I hadn’t thought there was any point in seeing him often, but I will have to start doing that.

Just heard on the radio that another storm is coming in later this week. Hope it peters out before it gets to the Alps and everyone can stay safe skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Snow was lovely this morning on alpbach runs. Found a batch of powder to flounder around in. Then it got more windy, but brighter in between the snow showers. Now snowing again (1640).
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lovely weather and snow today, stormy forecast
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Was a little windy for a couple of days last week!
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DENnH2zGKweo&ved=2ahUKEwj4orOEr9HnAhXHAhAIHdpRDb8QwqsBMAJ6BAgNEAU&usg=AOvVaw0jbl-BfBwfYe_uk4ox3g5J
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
After a few days of rain the slopes are still pretty awesome. A very well done to the snow team who work very hard for us. Blue skies and full sunshine also help with the awesomeness.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anybody know about if you can get Points Card for Niederau instead of lift pass? Off there next week and one person in group likely to only use a couple of lifts a day so lift pass seems a bit of a waste.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Someone on our dining table managed it last week.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@kerb, when we stayed in January 2019 one of our party had a Points card as she really only came up to meet us for lunch
ski holidays
double post

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 17-02-20 22:56; edited 1 time in total
snow report
https://www.skijuwel.com/en/winter/skipass-prices/ski-juwel-card/point-cards

Looks like you can
snow report
Ah yes thanks you. Although I see main gondola Markbachjochbahn looks like it’s excluded. And that’s one she’s need. Although looks like you can pay per trip on that one. Does anybody know if that means paying cash at the little window, don’t think I’ve ever see anybody ever do that!
snow report
You can use points cards on the drag lifts but need an actual lift pass for the gondola. Available at the gondola station. They don’t take cash at the window. Have a great time here
latest report
kerb wrote:
Ah yes thanks you. Although I see main gondola Markbachjochbahn looks like it’s excluded. And that’s one she’s need. Although looks like you can pay per trip on that one. Does anybody know if that means paying cash at the little window, don’t think I’ve ever see anybody ever do that!

The ticket office is part of the gondola base station, you can get whatever you need from there, €14 for up and down. You can pay cash at the ticket office and I'm sure they all speak English so you should have no problems there.
ski holidays
Chris_n wrote:
kerb wrote:

The ticket office is part of the gondola base station, you can get whatever you need from there, €14 for up and down. You can pay cash at the ticket office and I'm sure they all speak English so you should have no problems there.

Brilliant, thanks Chris. Looks like it will work paying Euro for a ride up and down and then use a points card for a couple of goes on the drags up there.

Weather looks possibly sunny for next week and there appears to be enough snow to last.
latest report
A dusting of snow overnight, snow is still beautiful. Slopes busy again , lots of school children .
Very Happy
snow conditions
Very Happy Blue skies and plenty of sunshine today. Skiing awesome .
snow report
It feels really hot today.
ski holidays
Pouring rain this morning and lower slopes were very slushy yesterday The forecast is to cool down tomorrow and change to snow. Let’s hope it’s right ❄️⛷
snow conditions
Snowing ❄️❄️❄️❄️
snow report
Is it appropriate to ask if there is any reaction to the corona virus locally? Am due in Westendorf via salzburg this weekend?
snow report
At this moment in time the only confirmed cases are 2 Italians in Innsbruck. 12 people are in quarantine and testing negative, 100 other tests have been carried out and all are negative. You are as likely to catch it in the Uk as you are here. Enjoy your trip, we should have some better conditions by then.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Chris - that is my sentiment also!
latest report
Snowing gently again this morning snowHead
snow conditions
About 15 cm of snow overnight, was quite windy so some areas may be scoured. Forecast to be relatively cold and more snow in the coming days. snowHead
ski holidays
I’m thinking of a trip to Niederau within the next few weeks, can anyone recommend the hotels Austria or Harfenwirt. It’s been a while since I’ve been Austria so what can I expect to pay for a pint of lager, cigarettes and hand rolling tobacco these days? Any useful information much appreciated
ski holidays
@rizzotherock, Travel companies are only coming here for the next 2 weeks so if you are coming you had better get on with booking. Hotel Austria is probably the better of the 2 you mention. Snow is very good on the mountain at the moment but variable in the valley though it is forecast to be colder and is snowing now. Beer will cost €3.50 to €4.50 depending where you go and what you actually drink. Can't help with the tobacco questions.
latest report
Thanks for the advice, hotel Austria is now booked, very much looking forward to trying this area for the first time
ski holidays
I've stayed on both hotels. Rooms are warm and beds comfortable in both, food is good in both. Austria is better located for getting to various bars in the evenings and closer to the main gondola. Much nearer to the Spar, the bank and the medical centre should they be needed too. Harfenwirt is better for me as it has access to the pistes without having to get up any steps in ski boots (with arthritis in the knees). Towels are bigger and fluffier in the Harfenwirt. Austria provides residents with a cup of tea and a piece of cake (free) in the afternoon as the ski lifts close. Both have a swimming pool. Harfenwirt also has hot tub, steam room and sauna. Not sure if the Austria has them. Both have a boot room and ski storage. snowHead
ski holidays
Thank you for the review of both hotels, I’m sure the Austria will suit my needs.
ski holidays
@J Rhiannon, you forgot to mention that on site ski hire is available at the Austria for the whole season but only high season at Harfenwirt. wink
snow conditions
@Chris_n, I didn't know that as I get mine in Magreiter's now. I have never had them from the Harfenwirt, but when I had them from the Austria they were pretty careful to make sure everything was exactly what we needed. The first year I was there and staying in The Sonnesschein I ended up trying to get ski boots in The Austria (as The Sonneschein couldn't find any for me) and they even found some old rear-loaders in their archives for me, which I could at least get on even though I couldn't buckle them up properly. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to ski at all that year. snowHead
snow conditions
Season finished early all lifts in Tirol closing at the weekend!
snow conditions
Just seen loads of notices about this on Facebook. Shame it had to happen. I hope all my friends on Niederau are keeping well. It was quite shocking to look at the map and see how close it is to the Italian towns that were locked down first.

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Fri 13-03-20 8:36; edited 1 time in total
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy